The Big Gay Sketch Show

Episode 13

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Apr 01, 2008 on LOGO

• Ron Odyssey's back for a third time, and less funny, as is Grandma Bell in her second outing. Rest of skits not very funny.

I wasn't too happy with this episode. The Ron Odyssey sketch was not funny at all. The first sketch in season one was mildly amusing, but like most recurring sketches, it becomes less funnier each time. This time was no exception. I think Stephen Guarino is TBGS's weakest link so to feature him in a recurring sketch that's not funny is a mistake.

The Grandma Bell sketch was basically nothing more than an old lady screaming obscenities.

I thought the "I Like Lucy" sketch had promise as Nicol Paone did a good imitation of Lucy and Paolo Andino as a native Cuban could do a passable Ricky, but I think the sketch fell flat, especially in the ending that went nowhere. It seems to coincide with Rosie's ending remarks that it's hard to end sketches.

The other sketches I didn't find that funny either, the Star Jones/Little Shop of Horrors wasn't that funny. Neither was the WBNA cheerleaders.

If the show wants to continue for a third season, they need to feature more of its funnier players - Nicol Paone, Kate McKinnon and Jonny McGovern.