The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot

FOX (ended 2001)

SrRui

The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot Fan Reviews (3)

• A great cartoon aimed at children that even parents can watch and still enjoy. Loaded with tons of Americana and witty one-liners, this is one of the most underrated shows out there. It is a MUST SEE. Bonus points for a great theme song.

A great show and one of the better cartoons out there I may add. The basic premise of it is that the military designs a boy robot to protect the world, but like a real child, he too needs guidance. Thus, Big Guy, Rusty's hero leads him. Also Rusty thinks Big Guy is a robot as well, but instead is just a pilot in a suit, so this provides many storylines as the real identity of the Big Guy "robot" is kept secret from Rusty in order to protect his childlike emotions. Together they protect the world. I would consider it perfect if the series actually concluded instead of getting close to finding the head villain and getting canceled. Other than that though, it is a great show that has both humor and emotion in it. I just want it to have an ending and to be on DVD.

My final review: One of the best family cartoons ever. Quite underated and unheard of, yet still one of the best around. This is something that you can watch with little kids and not worry about what they may see. Definately a MUST SEE.