The Big Valley

Days of Wrath

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jan 08, 1968 on ABC

7.8
  • Days of Wrath

In this episode, Hyatt killed Jarrod's wife Beth by mistake, causing Jarrod to unleash his vengeful side. A side, we Big Valley fans, never knew would existed. We always thought that Jarrod is just some calm, decent, sensible lawyer who is usually a father figure to his siblings. Now in this episode, we get to see Jarrod go on a hunt against the man who murdered the love of his life. I love how he started beating the crap out of Hyatt as well as trying to kill him. Nick and Heath came to the rescue. But when Jarrod threatens his own brothers, he realizes that he has become the opposite of his true self and he let vengeance consume him. At the Barkley household, he is filled with shame because of what happened. And that he'd hope he never goes back to that person ever again. Towards the end of the episode, he sorrowfully watches the fireplace and begins to think a little of Beth. This honestly was the first episode that featured Jarrod turning from a calm, intelligent lawyer to a vengeful psychopath who wants to commit cold-blooded murder. This is overall one of the best episodes of the series and one of my all-time favorite episodes.