The Biggest Loser Forums

Tuesday 8:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

How Many Episodes This Season?

-Cybrus-

[1]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 10

Does anyone know how many episodes are in this season? I ask because I have all the current ones recorded, but haven't actually watched any of them just yet. I want to record all the episodes and then have a marathon viewing of the entire season.

Also, please don't post anything that would be a spoiler for me since I am purposely staying away from any results or information about the show until I start watching the episodes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mythdon

[2]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 7

I really don't know, but based on past seasons airing this time of year, I imagine this season will have 18 episodes (not counting the finale).

I, personally, think it is a bad decision on your part to wait until the finale to have a "marathon viewing of the entire season". I know we have to wait a week for every new episode, but why wait months and months to start? Wouldn't you rather wait a week than months?

And as for you not wanting us to post spoilers, your best bet to avoid spoilers is to stay completely away from this forum. We can't have a forum without discussing some spoilers.

Edited on 02/17/2011 12:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Cybrus-

[3]Feb 17, 2011
    Mythdon wrote:

And as for you not wanting us to post spoilers, your best bet to avoid spoilers is to stay completely away from this forum. We can't have a forum without discussing some spoilers.

There seems to be some miscommunication. I was simply asking everyone to avoid posting spoilers in this one thread. I would never be so self centered to ask fellow fans not to discuss the show just because I am not watching it. I simply avoid all other threads and ask that you do not post spoilers openly in the one thread I've created.

I know marathon viewing isn't a popular idea and would even venture a guess that some may never even heard of it until now. This is the first season that I've done this for. I usually watch the seasons as they air. But I was unable to watch another show (Psych) for a few weeks in a row and ended up watching several new episodes in a row. I found it to be very enjoyable to be able to do that. So now I'm trying it out with The Biggest Loser. I am not emotionally attached to the show yet, since I haven't viewed a single episode and do not know any of the contestants yet, so it's easier for me to not watch it now than if I had already started watching it and then decided to save a few episodes. I think it's going to be very enjoyable to be able to sit down and watch several shows in a row without having to wait a week (sometimes two weeks) in between. Of course, I won't be able to watch all the episodes in one sitting, so it'll make for several sittings of one of my favorite shows.

-Cybrus-

[4]May 16, 2011
    I still haven't watched a single episode and was careful not to read any other thread titles as I searched for this thread. Thus far, I have managed to stay spoiler free. I have this complete season recorded on my DVR.

The show should be getting pretty close to the end by now, right? Without giving me any spoilers (in this thread), can someone tell me roughly how many shows we have left? Are they down to the final 4 yet? Are they still on the ranch? Please don't give me any names or show details in this thread. I'm simply wanting to know how much of the show is left unaired.

Mythdon

[5]May 22, 2011
    • level: 7

The finale airs May 24th, two days from now.

-Cybrus-

[6]May 23, 2011
    Thanks Mythdon.

I was actually thinking of making a viewer's blog. It'd either be in this thread or I'd make a new thread (whichever is preferred around here) where I'd give my opinions on the episodes as I watch them. Then anyone that has watched already can discuss with me (without adding spoilers, obviously). But that may require me to make some double posts and I don't know if that's allowed here eithre.

-Cybrus-

[7]Jun 23, 2011

I have finally watched the entire season and it only took me one month. This was the longest season of Biggest Loser and I loved it. Being able to watch as many episodes as I wanted in a row was really fun too. This is the first time I've done this for Biggest Loser. I really don't know if I'll do the same for next season or if I'll watch it weekly.

I did make comments on every episode as I watched it over on my site, but I wasn't sure if posting that many times in a row was allowed here so I didn't post my episode opinions here.

I'm sad to see Jillian go, but I can understand why she's leaving. I've read it's because she wants to start a family. I wish her the best of luck.

Of the two new trainers, I found myself liking Cara a lot more than Brett. Cara had a more likeable personality to me and seemed to get better results than Brett. Plus, as a guy, I must admit that Cara is smoking hot. I don't care if that makes me whatever label you want to throw on me. LOL.

Anna Kournikova will be joining the show next season. She seemed kind of uncomfortable at the finale. I hope she's more comfortable when she gets on the show. Again, I don't care if this makes me insensitive or obnoxious or whatever, but she's another smoking hottie. But I hope she knows what she's doing because she does have big shoes to fill. I wonder if they brought Anna on because she's an experienced trainer or because they were worried that the ratings would dip without Jillian and wanted to bring in a popular pretty girl to bring in the guy demographic?