The Bill Forums

ITV (ended 2010)

the bill is axed

spursgalea

[1]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 3

sadly its's axed from itv1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2908626/The-Bill-axed-after-27-years.html

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cook567

[2]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 54

I am not surprised as recent episodes haven't felt 'right'.

For me it won't sink in until it finally finishes. Some websites including the official one report the final filming day is in June.

TheOldBill

[3]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 94

I reported this on the show guide blog earlier. (I didn't think anyone read those!) Watching the 2007 reruns on Watch, I was struck by how much they feel like the Marquess-era episodes, and how I much prefer the current run (storytelling, characters, acting, "feel") to anything in the past eight years. It's had a good run, and I'll be really sorry to see it go. On the upside, perhaps now TalkbackTHAMES will reconsider their policy of not letting UK broadcasters have access to the stupendous back catalogue.

Edited on 03/26/2010 6:09pm

ATVTREKKER7

[4]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 15

I'm sad about it , I have been watching since the start and enjoyed all the changes as it kept it fresh , It feels like a friend is leaving. Hoping they properly bring back the series on DVD or at least the best episodes as there were many.

So many good charters : Burnside ; Martella ; Roach : Saint June ; Cryer ; Boydon ; Santini Tony ; Gina ; Ramini ; mad Cathy ; Reg ; Gabriel ; Okaro; Quinan ; Polly Page ;Jack ;Bronwnlow and conway ; Smithy ;John Bolton; Don Beech ; Tom Chandler ; Des ; Micky; liz rawton ; Cass ; Kerry ; Tosh ; Samantha Nixon ; luke ; Terry ; Gary Best ; Sargent Stone and joe Masters to name a few

Going to miss you Sun Hill

TheOldBill

[5]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 94

Filming on The Bill wrapped on 14 June. See ITV Press Centre.

cd8052

[6]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 1

Cant believe the bill is to be axed, I am so sick of reality shows on tv, the tv moguls should listen to the public sometime the viewing needs of the few outweight the viewing needs of the many. Please reconsider and bring back the bill

krissypom

[7]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 1

cd8052 wrote:

Cant believe the bill is to be axed, I am so sick of reality shows on tv, the tv moguls should listen to the public sometime the viewing needs of the few outweight the viewing needs of the many. Please reconsider and bring back the bill

krissypom

I agree with cd8052, there are to many reality shows on, here in aus, this is one police drama where it isn't over the top, not lots of blood and guts, pleasedont stop.