New and Improved Bionic Woman

robinepowell

[1]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 63

NBC has decided to bring back The Bionic Woman who be played by Britsh actress Michelle Ryan.  This according to TV Guide online: http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800008763

:
    Fall 2007: NBC's Bionic Woman is a Brit

Meaning she's what, a £3 million woman? Here's more on that and other cast bits for the new pilot season, courstey of Variety and the Hollywood Reporter.

After eyeing some faces better known to the U.S. audience, NBC tapped Michelle Ryan (of the BBC's East Enders) to play Jamie Sommers in its revisting of The Bionic Woman.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 86
    They haven't brought it back yet. Right now it's still just a pilot among a sea of many other pilots. It may never see air.

robinepowell

[3]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 63
    True but it doesn't hurt to mention it. I'm surprised  there's no six million dollar man announced before this remake.

jekyll

[4]Mar 15, 2007
    Hasn't there been a rumored movie for that being discussed for years now?

charley28

[5]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 66
    Yeah they at one time had Jim Carrey posed to play the $6 Million Man. Didn't they at one point have Jennifer Aniston attatched to play the Bionic Woman??

I don't know if they should re-make it. I think they should at least continue the story line and make a new Bionic Woman, kind of like in the Bionic Showdown with Kate Mason. I think they should leave it as Jaime Sommers continuing with her therapy as she was doing in Bionic Ever After. And her maybe having a guest appearance here and there. Either that or make her head of OSI and take over Oscar's job. Don't know if she'd really do that but it would be fun to see her in that authoritive position.

jekyll wrote:
    Hasn't there been a rumored movie for that being discussed for years now?

jekyll

[6]May 8, 2007
    charley28 wrote:
    Yeah they at one time had Jim Carrey posed to play the $6 Million Man.
    I think Chris Rock was mentioned at one point, too.

charley28

[7]May 9, 2007
    Can you imagine Chris Rock playing that role. It'll be F this and F that. hahah.

Wonder how the new Bionic Woman pilot is going?
    Anyone heard anything new about it yet??

peprmpati

[8]May 14, 2007
    • level: 10
    It looks good...but only time can tell.

MrControversial

[9]May 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    Michelle Ryan is not hot enough to play the bionic woman.  It is going to flop.  Lindsay Wagner right now doing sleep number commercials is hotter than Michelle Ryan. 

TelFan7

[10]May 17, 2007
    • level: 6

jekyll wrote:
    charley28 wrote:
    Yeah they at one time had Jim Carrey posed to play the $6 Million Man.
    I think Chris Rock was mentioned at one point, too.

These are the actors at one point or another I believe to have been rumored for the role of Steve Austin, and they are:

Jim Carrey

Chris Rock

Will Smith

Leo DeCaprio and

Brad Pitt

The best choices are:

None of the above!!!

Ryan Gosling

The guy who played Michael Austin

Matthew McConihey (incorrect spelling)

A few others, but the BEST choice would probably be:

Ben Browder

dunthisb4

[11]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 2
    Ironically enough, the woman in the trailer reminds me a lot of the bionic girl from the NBC mini series years ago, where Jamie and Steve helped Oscar train the new bionic man and woman. There was even a new bionic villain. Why not start there instead of thinking, lets follow the trend of redoing shows the way we want. Some shows are able to do this because they give homage to the original, while also reinventing where it wont seem like sacrilege to cannon. Smallville is a great example of this. Other shows who’s producers try to play god and recreate shows in their image and idea, instead of respecting cannon, Yes Rick Berman, I mean you, tank like a bad memory. Clearly from the trailer, NBC has chosen reinvention over continuation. I hope for their sake they found a flying boy scout and not a sinking enterprise.

charley28

[12]Jun 21, 2007
    Back when the Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman aired in 1987, Richard Anderson did want Tom Schanely to spin off into his own television show and start his own adventures up and the new Bionic Man. I memory serves me, I don't think that NBC liked the idea since it had been only a couple years since it went off. I'd have to look up some more info.
    As for the Bionic Showdown, That would have been nice to see Kate Mason in more action. Sandra Bullock was just starting to make her rise to more famous stardom than what she already had. I don't think she wanted to be stuck in tv for a couple more years.
    They could have just continued from Kate's start in the OSI. Who knows what producers are wanting now a days.

webe123

[13]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 4

I WISH that people nowdays would make ORIGINAL PROGRAMS! How many songs, movies and TV shows are there now, that have been simple re-hashes of the original?

It seems that most of the original writers and producers of hollywood,the TV and the music industry have left and now we are left with a bunch of people that can't even come up with an original idea! Makes me sick!

ccorces1

[14]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 1

bat-test.com just went up- it's a site that tests your bionic ability and we're psyched to share it with you. Who's the most bionic one here?

(Bonus Content: >75%)

ajtmaestro

[16]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 19

When I heard that NBC was bringing back "The Bionic Woman," I was a little skeptical. After all, the times had changed and I was certain the show would be written around a more modern context. But my main question was, "Would the writers remain true to the character of Jaime Sommers?" She seemed to embody wholesomeness, along with a genuine desire to use her newfound powers for the greater good, a quality that is sadly missing in much of today's TV shows. I could understand the need to make the show more up-to-date with current realities (sans bell bottoms, for example), but would that necessitate a need to change the spirit of the character? Whatever the thinking process of the powers-that-be, I had some reservations, vowing that I would tune out if I saw anything in the new series that seemed to tarnish my image of the Jaime Sommers I had known all these years. I probably only watched a total of ten minutes of "Bionic Woman" before realizing that the show wouldn't last. And I truly believe that a lot of viewers share my thoughts.

"The Bionic Woman" of the 70's will, for me, be the only bionic superhero show that I'll treasure (aside from "The Six Million Dollar Man"). Lindsay Wagner did a phenomenal job of portraying the title character. Not to take anything from Michelle Ryan, as I'm sure she's a terrific actress, but Lindsay Wagner is and always will be "The Bionic Woman."

ja7767

[17]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 2
    ajtmaestro

Did you see the unaired pilot? In it the sister was deaf. I think if they had stuck with that "version" of the show it would have done much better. It would have shown a little more "heart".