A The Blacklist Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on NBC
For those that are interested, listed below are some important truths that were revealed in the finale. Yes, answers were provided and we were given much more insight into Raymond Reddington, and the mysteries that surround him. The finale may finally give us more reasons why Red created the list of Blacklisters in the first place and why Lizzie is so important to him. If you are still puzzled... perhaps you haven't watched all the episodes. If you haven't done so already, maybe you will be compelled to watch the first season again and find clues and tidbits you missed the first time. Or maybe you will be watching all the episodes for the first time. Whatever applies, enjoy the ride. For those of us that have watched every episode, and have followed Red and Liz every step of the way... it's well worth it.

What did we learn in the finale? *Spoilers for episode 1-22*

Meera dies, Cooper survives, and Berlin escapes with one hand. Tom passes out without telling us why he is one of the good guys. We still don't know Berlin's name, but he is definitely after Red and wants Red to stop eliminating the names on the Blacklist. It seems to be personal, and has something to do with the picture in the locket that Berlin carries. Berlin tells a convincing story while he is in the hospital, but it is unclear if it is totally or partially true, or just storytelling to hoodwink the FBI.

Red finally admits to Liz that he killed Sam because Sam was in pain, wanted to die, and because Red had to protect Liz from the truth about her father's real identity. Somehow just being the daughter of this unknown man will place her life in danger, and knowing his identity seems to place her life in danger. Red's confession and explanation may help Liz to understand, and heal the rift between them.

Liz decides to continue working with Red and help him hunt down Berlin. She decides to confront all her questions about her past head on, and not run from them. Maybe she finally realized that if her parentage places her life in danger, then having Raymond Reddington on her side is not such a bad thing.

It is not clear if they will remain in Washington, or if Red was planning to move to another city. This may also mean that the task force's home base of operations may no longer be in Washington, but instead be located in New York City (as hinted by the producers).
Red and Berlin have the same identical picture of a girl who seems to be dead. This may mean that the people who killed the girl, sent the photo to Berlin to torment him. Red got the photograph from the Stewmaker, so we know the girl is no longer alive. Both seem to have emotional ties to the girl. Red remembers her dancing at ballet school, and Berlin glances at the picture to remind himself of his mission to hunt down those responsible for her death. Somehow they both have the girl in common, as someone important in their lives. Berlin knows Red, but Red does not know Berlin's identity. This does not mean that Red and Berlin are not related, or that Red does not personally know the man behind all the attacks, it mean only that Red still does not know who is using the nickname "Berlin".

At the end of the episode Red is looking at the Stewmaker's picture of the girl again. This may mean that Red has figured out that Berlin's vendetta against him may have something to do with the girl in the picture. In Red's mind, this must narrow down the possibilities.

Note: Berlin left behind a fragment of a bone that he used to escape from the hospital. This may have been one of the bones sent to him that may have belonged to his daughter. This fragment might hold clues to Berlin's identity if the task force does DNA analysis on it (don't hold your breath).

Red has scars on his back, possibly from a fire. It may mean that Red was present during the fire, and may have been the one to rescue Liz. Or it may mean that he was the intended victim of the fire or that he was the one who started the fire.

Tom's "last words" to Liz are that her father is still alive. This must mean that Tom knows what Red has been trying to keep secret, the identity of Liz's biological father. It is not clear that Tom has learned this from his research, his intelligence gathering, or if it is gained from his relationship with Berlin.

Red admits that Berlin has been targeting his business and his interests since before 2010, prior to Tom marrying Liz (2011). This may mean that Berlin is targeting Red over something that happened some time ago. This may mean that Berlin blames Red for the death of his daughter (the girl in the locket) even though Red may have had nothing to do with it.

Red tells Liz that her father is dead, that he perished in the fire. Since Red never lies to Liz, this may mean that Red really believes this to be the truth, even though her father may indeed be still alive. Red may think that her father is really dead.

Alan Fitch not only works for ODNI (Office of the Director of National Security) but he also is a member of the Alliance. We finally find out that Fitch is the one pulling all the strings at the task force and that FBI agent Walter Gary Martin has to answer to him. So Fitch wears lots of hats, and seems to want Red to continue to go after people on the Blacklist, and that seems to be what the Alliance wants as well. Red and Fitch seem to be permanently aligned with each other, so that both can continue doing business, and Fitch seems to be showing Red more favor. This may mean that they used to be friends at one time.

Right before Cooper is attacked in his car, he is asking Walter Gary Martin to explain who the people are that want Red free to pursue Berlin. Cooper knows that Red was allowed to escape. Who wanted Red free? People do. What people? This finally shows that Cooper is not privy to Fitch's involvement with the task force, and Cooper is not working for the Alliance as a mole or in any nefarious way. Cooper is finally revealed as one of the good guys. Walter Gary Martin definitely has questionable alliances (and he uses Brill Cream!).

Note: Red tells Martin that his father used Brill Cream on his hair too. He also told Cowboy that his father had a Cadillac and loved Cadillacs. Perhaps it was his father that Red was talking about to Ressler when he said a much wiser man once told him to turn around and go home. Not to cross over to the dark side, or he may never be touched by the light again.

Tom's body is missing. It is unclear what happened to Tom's body, and unclear if he is really dead or not. This leaves the door open for Tom's return because his body is missing, Liz did not finish him off, and we did not see her check his pulse.

The Blacklist is a curious creature, not quite like other dramas or procedurals. You just can't drop in every other week or watch the 4 minute excepts on Hulu and expect to know what's going on or what is important. You really have to immerse yourself in each episode and pay attention, remember what clues were dropped along the way, think a little bit, and you might be rewarded for your efforts. Yes, the show makes you think so it might not be for everyone that prefers to be spoon fed, or have every little detail spelled out for them.

Thanks to those who have approached the Blacklist with intelligent and thoughtful comments, I've enjoyed reading many creative and interesting ideas and theories here. It was nice to find a few people that actually enjoy the Blacklist and are not overwhelmed by negative criticism by people who may not have even watched many of the episodes, certainly not the entire season. Despite it's shortcomings, the Blacklist is an excellent show that deserves praise for originality, compelling storytelling, interesting characters, and especially for providing us all an opportunity to watch James Spader.

Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I know most people think Red is Liz's dad, but I don't think so. I think it would be much more interesting if Red turned out to be her uncle. Maybe something Red did caused his family to be pretty much wiped out. Maybe Red is trying to 'right' his wrongs. I just think it would be much more interesting than if he turned out to be her dad.
Flag
well written dude!
Flag
Rewatching the entire series, my take is that there are many fascinating plot cues that carry over from, sometimes, many episodes back. The picture of the girl in The Stewmaker is a big one. Did anyone also notice that at 18:12 in The Stewmaker episode at which time Liz is kidnapped, we see the exact same plane as that used to transport Berlin. This is well written stuff. I imagine it is very difficult to adapt a serial drama to episodic TV, wherein each episode must tell it's own complete story with its own conceit. I halfway wish this were on AMC but then there would be much less budget. This show has almost unlimited potential--limited mostly (I believe) by the fact that it is a network TV series and must serve competing agendas.
Flag
Yes, GaryPDX, that picture of the girl (which one of the producers is now calling a “woman” in a post finale interview) seems to link some of the serialized story together. Those fascinating plot cues are one of the most compelling aspects of the show, in my opinion. Honestly, I don't think I would watch the Blacklist if it were a pure “case of the week” procedural instead of a hybrid with serialized story telling. The mythology and all the mystery swirling around Red (Oh okay, Lizzie too) is so captivating. It's such a great challenge to try to collect all those nuggets and imagine all the possible theories: who what where when how? Unfortunately, the nuggets may sometimes be fool's gold, misdirection. ;-)

If the Blacklist were an AMC offering, they might benefit from having to offer fewer episodes and enjoy a shorter season. It must have been a monumental task for all concerned to produce 22 episodes.

And I don't think anyone has mentioned that the plane from “Berlin” was seen in an earlier episode. That's amazing, Good catch.

Flag
Excited for season 2, regardless how Berlin storyline plays out, he's only #8 on the blacklist.
Flag
I'm excited for the second season, too. There are so many things to look forward to. It'll be interesting to see how the two new cast members fit into the ensemble. Mary-Louise Parker joins the Blackllist in a recurring role of a woman with ties to Red, and Mozhan Marno will be a series regular, as a former Mossad agent.

I'm anxious to find out Tom's fate, (although I know there are many viewers that can't stand Tom and want to see him stay dead). I hope Ryan Eggold is still a member of the cast ;-)
Flag
red didnt lie to liz when he told her that her father died in that fire. The good red died in that fire. after the fire red became the criminal mastermind that he is now.
Flag
I love this. Great deduction.
Flag
Who knows, you may be right, farazeslami.
Flag
Tidbits

The Blacklist returns, Monday, September 22 at 10 PM

Season one DVD being released on August 12 (Available for pre-order).

Filming has begun on season two (according to Megan Boone's twitter).

Jon Bokenkamp, John Eisendrath and James Spader will appear at ComicCon this coming Saturday July 26th

There is information being released by showrunners that they will have a new female character on the Blacklist, a ruthless Mossad agent that has been hunting Red down for a long time.

According to a TV guide article with John Eisendrath, there will be a "brief time jump" between the season one finale and the first episode of season two. Also, Lizzie will be beginning to question what she has been told about her biological parents and will begin to wonder if there is anything to learn about her mother. She is searching for the truth.

Flag
The Blacklist is by FAR the BEST Show ever!!! I am a diehard fan. I cannot wait until September 2014! I watch the episodes over and over and love them every time! Can not say enough how great this show is! I need some more Blacklist in my life! Once again, FABULOUS job on this show! I wish it didn't have to take a break between seasons :( hey! I have an idea! How about The Blacklist air nightly for at LEAST an hour :))
Flag
Hi slindsly2006, it's really great to see your enthusiasm. ;-)

It's been too quiet on the Blacklist front this summer, hasn't it? Hopefully soon they will start shooting episodes again and we might get little tidbits and interviews to hold us over until September.
Flag
(From an earlier post below) yehuditkantor wrote : "By the way, I'v red one of your replies , watched again, but didn't see in Tom's "math-book " 2 man" in the pictures related to the words "agent keen father" (just 2 pics of the same man, presumably Sam, younger, one with a little girl, presumably lizz). "

You are absolutely right, I made a mistake in that post when I said that there were two men. I've watched all those episodes again too (when Red gives Liz the decoded papers) and also checked the screencap site that has stills from all the episodes... and there is only Sam in the pictures. I think I may have been reading someone elses post on another site and assumed that they were right, (that there were two men). I shouldn't have said that I pay attention to every little detail... when I obviously got some of the details wrong. ;-)

And yes, there does seem to be something about Sam that still has not been revealed. I'm not sure if Liz discovered this information from that paperwork or not. But Red thought that this knowledge would influence her and convince her to forgive him and stay with him. He was right. Sam may end up playing a greater role in Red's past than just being Liz's adoptive father.

More+
Flag
Maybe there is a funny thing after all about the pics. in "Tom math book", episode 21
it can be the same man, but they used a real life picture of the actor only in the first pic. in this pic. the production didn't use a picture of Wiliam Sadller (actor playing Sam) as he really looked 1990-1993, and also it's a pic. of a much younger man than Sam should have been 20 years ago (=in this pic)
The Blacklist (2013) Screencap
(trademarks mentioned and copyrights belong to their respective owners

Sam at 2013:

:https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeSkc11J-OSyjJZpsCkd4ExV6SXL_ogA4Hc4yG7cf8ettRnCaH

William Sadller-1993
http://i.imgur.com/PoBbW7q.jpg

Flag
I see what you mean, that's very interesting. But we really don't know if it was intentional and they are implying that the picture is not of Sam but a picture of her real biological father instead, or perhaps they just used a different actor to portray Sam as a younger man and thought no one would notice that the age did not seem right.

You know, that's the same thing they did with the dog, Hudson. They used a different dog, breed, and size for Hudson in the more recent episodes than they used in the pilot. The producers admitted that they hoped no one would notice. Apologies to William Saddler, he is more important than the dog. ;-)

It's also interesting that someone has labeled the picture “Agent Keen's father” instead of “Sam Milhoan.”

Flag
I see a solid clue to Red not being lizzie's father, in the fact that in Lizzie's memories she lived (as a little girl till the age of 4) in a house that was then burned down (saved from the fire), as opposed to the fact that Red's old house, in which Red's little doughter lived (till the age of 3 or so), was found still intact ( in the present- 2013) (after removing a part of the wooden cover from the original wall- no fire marks). Lizz and Red's Daughter must be 2 different girls, with 2 different houses in childhood , that each one of them faced tragedy at the same age, but can not be the same person.
Flag

You may be right, yehuditkantor, there have been lots of clues that seem to point to Red not being the father. Another clue was when Red told Diane that he wanted to know the “truth” about what happened to his family more than anything in the world. But he always knew exactly where Liz was, he was the one who placed Liz with Sam to raise.

But when Red gave Liz the music box , held her in his arms and comforted her, and when he told her that coming back to him was like a kiss of sunshine on his cheek and that nothing would be worse than losing her, his affection seemed very paternal. He was practically telling Liz that he loves her, which is hard to explain if there is not a familial relationship of some kind.

All those scenes are open to interpretation, so the writers enjoy pulling us in both directions, and that is definitely part of the show's appeal, imo.

Flag
Maybe Red just felt as if he also adopted Lizz in a way, with Sam, learning everything about her and financing her and Sam and all, but from a safe distance? (trying to explain the great affection he feels towards her,
which is indeed a real riddle, logically).
I would like to thinks, however, writers are pulling us in both directions here in order to really surprise us at the end of season 2 (or 5), and with a logical explanation.
Actually the story is either very sloppy, or it contains memories (of Red) about 2 daughters (the ballerina from 1987 Swan-Lake memory, who should have been 6-7 in 1990, and another little girl of 3-4 at 1990) and the 2 different houses, and the mental pain shown by Red during the new Swan-Lake production (and at his ex-home), prevents neither of the 2 girls to fit Lizz , so I can only hope all those details were put there in purpose, and the riddle will be solved by the writers intelligently in the next or last season.
In the meantime I tend to enjoy all theories here at the black site...
Flag
Oh I hope that the writers have not been careless when presenting information. As a viewer who pays attention to every little detail, I would be disappointed. I've always thought that everything happened for a reason on the Blacklist, that every line of dialogue and scene was carefully considered. (Although a certain amount of misdirection and red herrings are always expected.) Every single thing that they have thrown out there may not neatly fall in place, but I agree that they should eventually offer a logical explanation to tie everything together and to answer the questions viewers have. But... time will tell ;-)

I still believe it's possible that Red may have been a step-father to the ballerina, and a step-father to Liz, perhaps involved with different women in both cases. That may explain some of the age discrepancies. Just another theory to throw in the mix.

Flag
yehuditkantor, I've posted a reply at the top of this page, in response to your post directly below this one. (Ran out of room.)
Flag
It's possible and can even fit neatly to the 2 different homes problem.
By the way, I'v red one of your replies , watched again, but didn't see in Tom's "math-book " 2 man" in the pictures related to the words "agent keen father" (just 2 pics of the same man, presumably Sam, younger, one with a little girl, presumably lizz). But Iv' noticed Red (that has a full copy) thinks that the math papers contain some sort of a new complex informationthat Lizz can learn from those pictures or "about Sam" .
Flag
Interesting reading the analysis, and the comments below. I have nothing to add except that this is by far the best show on T.V. in years., and the wait between seasons is ridiculous. Thankfully I kept every episode on my DVR, and when I am itching for a Red fix, I sit down with a bowl of popcorn and have my very own Blacklist marathon.
Flag
Hello amandaraeeberly, I agree with you 100% that the Blacklist is an excellent show and it's so hard to have to wait until September 22 to see what mischief Red has been up to.

You are so lucky! I don't have access to all the Blacklist episodes (just the last five), so I just had to pre-order the season one DVD which should arrive on or about August 15th. I'm going to make sure I have lots of popcorn in the house. ;-)
Flag
rewatched the final episode so I am thinking that Liz is berlin's daughter and red went to kill berlin (red knew him under another name) and saw berlin's daughter, saved her and he left the house burning thinking he died in the fire, thoughts??????
Flag
That's a pretty plausible theory amybrewstersillito, and it's pretty much what I believe happened as well. Red supposedly never lies to Liz and he said her biological father was dead, so Red only thinks her father died. Berlin may also have scars from a fire, maybe we'll get to see those next season?

The only thing that gives me doubt, is wondering why the writers would introduce the solution to Liz's paternity so early in the life of the series, in the second season. The producers have stated that the relationship between Red and Liz would not be revealed until the end of the series, so that may be pretty far down the road. They have also hinted that the second season would revolve around Berlin so his story arc with Red may be wrapped up by the third season.

One thing contradicts the other, so who knows what the truth is? There may be a third man, whom we haven't met yet, that may be Liz's biological father. ;-)

Flag
My theory is simple, but plausible, perhaps. Red stated there is no doubt her father died in that fire. Possibly he was being a bit ambiguous, as he is known to be. I think he is the father, but as of that night in the fire, his true identity perished and he then became Reddington. As for Berlin, my theory is that Red was chosen by this man to protect his daughter, and was unsuccessful in doing so, and Berlin is seeking retribution taking away from Red what was taken from him. Like I said simple, but plausible.
Flag
Your theory is very possible illmaxic.

But Red told Liz on several occasions that he has never lied to her. If, as you have suggested, Red is implying that the man that he "used to be," died in the fire, that would still be a lie if he were really her father.

Red may have used evasion, deflection and changed the subject quite often in order not to lie, and even lied by omission when leaving out details. But I still believe Red has always been honest with Liz. He must really believe that her biological father is dead. In my opinion.

Flag
Just as a reminder to those people that may not have access to the episodes, NBC will be airing a repeat of an episode of the Blacklist on Saturday May31 at 10PM, and another repeat on Saturday June 1, at 10 PM. Unfortunately, the listings do not specify what episodes they are showing.
Flag
oops that should say Saturday, June 7 at 10 PM
Flag
Bummer! NBC has decided NOT to show a repeat of the Blacklist this Saturday, May 31. So far the one on Saturday June 7 is still scheduled.
Flag
BelleForrest, you fool. They pulled the June 7 episode also. What is NBC thinking?
Flag
(Parts of this also posted in another discussion:)
So many questions, so many clues, so few answers.
Damn you, Blacklist!

I agree with the possible interpretation of the "death" of Lizzie's father - it may well be a persona that died, and an new one emerging from the flames, like a caterpillar turning into a very, very deadly butterfly.
If Red IS Lizzie's father, then it would fit well with the promising young officer going off the grid, and Red emerging a few years later.
The scars may even help explain part of that timeframe - it would probably take a long time for him to heal from injuries that extensive, and then to start piecing together a new life.
However, I'm not convinced he IS her father - although I won't be upset if he is.
And I just don't buy that her knowing he is her father would put her THAT much more in danger - I mean, what would she do with that information?
I would think she would keep it to herself.

On the other hand, if it isn't Red, then it would appear we have NO clues about her father's identity other than "he was a career criminal" (first episode), he may or may not be dead, and...
Well, that's it, really.

Otherwise I (temporarily and tentatively) agree with the theory set forth that Red was tasked with protecting Lizzie's mother, Berlin's daughter, and that his family was targeted in an operation to find and eliminate his charge.
Lizzie remembers her father pulling her from the flames, meaning she had to have SOME familiarity with him - if he had been a stranger arriving to grab his lover and daughter, or punish the mother and grabbing his child, she would have been unfamiliar with him and remembered "a man" saving her, right?
So it would seem that her father either lived with them in the US (in which case you'd assume she would have had at least SOME memory of him, although she was very young and trauma can do funny things to your memory), or he came to visit on occasion. Did he do so secretly?
If her father was a dissident, was he US friendly, or did the Americans plan on using Lizzie and her mom to draw him out?

Also, there would have to be a bigger network in place as Berlin has been in jail this entire time; someone had to set up his network on the outside, recruit Tom and the others, and plan his escape.
After over 20 years in prison, maintaining any sort of network would be quite challenging. What kind of clout does he have - and does he have a whole organisation on the outside, or simply one trusted man who runs everything in Berlin's name?

More+
Flag
A couple of thoughts on who is Lizzie's father. If we take Red's word that he will never lie to her (he never has been shown to do that, but he may withhold information), then he is not her father. In an earlier episode, Lizzie flat out asked him if he was her father and he replied "No".

There was a brief foreshadowing in the last episode as she looks at a picture of herself with Sam when she was a child; followed by both Berlin and Red looking at a picture of a girl with similar features. .... just suppose Berlin is Lizzie's biological family..... : If Berlin has the network that high ranking KGB officer would have had and now has a gripe with the government of Russia, it is plausible that he could be a real threat and if it were known that his daughter worked for the CIA, she would be targeted by several sides.

Also, in early episodes it was revealed that Red's family was killed and he was supposed to also have been a target. Could Berlin be blaming Red, thinking Red is responsible for the death of his daughter? Who else died in that fire? Did the body parts shipped to Berlin actually belong to Red's daughter or someone else? The burn marks on Red's back hint that he was in the same fire that Lizzie was in and Red stated that her father died in that fire. Red may very well believe that her father did die and then took Lizzie to live with Sam, fearing that those responsible for the fire may go after Lizzie.

Although there is a timeline question: Berlin and Red appear to be the same age and Lizzie would be the proper age to be a child of theirs. If Berlin's daughter was thrown into prison for dating a dissident, then Lizzie is too young to be his daughter. If Berlin's daughter is Lizzie's mother, then Lizzie is too old..... Unless:

If Lizzie's real father was the dissident working with Red, Red's family and her family were targeted by Alan Fitch and company during which Berlin's daughter died (pieces were preserved shipped later). Lizzie and her father were pulled out by Red and her real father did die. To hide her from the Alliance, Lizzie lived with Sam.

heck, the door is wide open for season 2, and I am really looking forward to it.
More +
Flag
Excellent theory, rraygun2000, everything seems very plausible and well thought out. Anything is possible. Also... it's so nice to know that someone is still interested in the Blacklist, welcome.

In the scene that you mention, where Liz is still in her empty house, she is looking at a picture of Sam, taken when he was much younger. (Everything happens for a reason on the Blacklist, why would Liz be looking at photos of Sam at that exact moment?) The very next scene shows Berlin shaving off his beard, and he looks very different. Is it just me, or do Sam and Berlin resemble each other? Perhaps they are related? Cousins or brothers? Then Liz might be Berlin's daughter, and Red saved her from the fire but thought that Berlin died. Red gives Liz to Sam, her uncle, to raise in safety.

This also reminded me of an earlier scene in the previous episode where Liz is looking through the papers that Red gave her (that had been translated from the calculus book Red had obtained) that had much of what Tom discovered about Liz, etc. There was a picture of Sam with another taller man, and the photo was labeled “Agent Keen's father.” I wonder who the other man in the picture really was.. could it be Berlin?

Also, Red asked Liz on two occasions, if she had learned anything about Sam from the papers. But she didn't really give a definitive answer. Somehow, Sam is involved more than just as an innocent friend who takes Liz in as his adopted daughter as a favor to Red.

If Sam was related to Berlin, that may also explain how Berlin finally found Liz. It may also open a whole new can of worms to complicate matters. But that's what makes the Blacklist such a challenge, it's so much fun to speculate.

More +
Flag
Thank you for your comment GreyMinerva, so much good stuff there. The most nagging question going forward (even though the producers don't want us to keep asking), is whether or not Red is Liz's father. Depending upon anyone's definition of what a “father” really is, a biological father, step father or adoptive father may all fit the role. Red MUST be one of those, in my opinion, he may be Liz's step father from when she was born until age 3, so he loves her just as much as he would have his own daughter. The girl in the picture must have also been his step daughter, so he loved her just as much, and still grieves for her. That's the only thing that makes sense to me, taking into account all the ages of everyone involved, including estimating the girl in the picture to be only 10 or 12. But since the writers love misdirection and nothing is written in stone, who knows what the truth is, anything is possible

Also, wouldn't it be interesting if the one armed man, who we think is Berlin, turns out to have scars all over his back as well? Perhaps Red knows this man as Liz's father and thinks he died in that fire. Red may just be telling Liz what he believes to be the truth. Maybe Liz's father faked his death, and a body was found in the fire, but it was not Liz's father.

Red may not know who “Berlin” really is... he may be the ex-husband of the woman Red married. Red may take a while to connect the name Berlin to some one from his past that has a grudge against him (he has SO many enemies!). Also Red never mentions his wife, and Berlin coincidentally didn't mention a wife either in his little story... so maybe Red's wife and Berlin's ex-wife may be one in the same... is still alive.

I agree with you that I don't understand why the knowledge of who Liz's father is or was, would be such a terrible threat to her. It seems she is already in danger, so I agree, why not tell her? Maybe it's because Liz has not proved to be in control of her emotions, and Red feels that the knowledge would be too much of a burden. She may do something foolish (doesn't she always?) And why oh why didn't Tom just TELL her who her father is instead of hinting that he is alive.

But of course we know that the writers can't tell us who her father is, because that is the end game, and they can't give that away too early. There may be many years left of the Blacklist to fill with episodes. ;-)

More +
Flag
Thank you for your insight! See you in Season 2!
Flag
Red being Red:

"Help me understand what horrible thing I did to you that could possibly make all of this worth it.
Who on God's green Earth are you? What was that? Being shot in the hand is just an absolute bitch-- all those little bones.At least it goes right through.
Worst part, honestly, is needing somebody to help zip your fly.
Tell me your story.
I'm not leaving here without a story.
Being shot in the hip, on the other hand-- Jiminy Cricket.
Thick bone, large artery not to mention the fact that it makes walking upright forever impossible.
Just don't pass out.
Stay focused."
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon High Jinx
    NEW
    NBC
  •  
    500 Questions
    NEW