We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A The Blacklist Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on NBC
With all the passports, guns and money, it seems so. To be honest, I'd really like that. It would add an Alias touch to the show!!
Comments (12)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Poll

Flag
Possibility #4: He really is JUST A TEACHER
Rejected by me because: 1) He found the box, 2) It would be too boring after all that build up, 3) He wore a baseball cap to a job interview? 4) It would mean Red really did frame him, which I don't believe. Red sent Liz specifically after Gina. He wouldn't have done that if he thought Gina would say damning thing about him to Liz. Tom MUST have been in on the plot, because he "identifies" Red's man as the man he interviewed with. Unless Grey went behind Red's back (unlikely), Tom is lying.

Flag
Possibility #3: He works for a shady government agency
Rejected by me because: He killed the defecter and in the unredacted file it is clear that a third party committed the murder. He also worked with Gina, who works for hire, not for a government. If it had been a super-secret black ops mission, I believe they would have kept it inside the agency. Also I'm pretty sure the people who are watching Liz's and Tom's house are government agents, and they don't know who Tom is working for either.

Flag
Possibility #2: He works for The Adversary
Scenario: The Adversary hired Tom to get close to Liz, either because he knows about her connect to Red and hopes to use it to catch/manipulate Red or because the Adversity himself/herself is connected to Liz (See the Who Is Liz's Biological Fatherpage for more info). Tom performed the hit with Gina, and then were given money to from Red's account to plant in the floor with the gun.

Strengths:
-It offers one explaination why Gina and Tom both have the same "go" box (They got their boxes from The Adversary).
-It explains how Tom found the box.
-It explains why the money was traced to Red's account.
-It explains why Red sent them after Gina. Clearly he didn't expect the woman scorned to protect her old partner.
-It explains the photograph of Tom in Gina's room.
-It explains why Tom was dressed so casually for a "job interview."
-It explains how he knew to finger Grey as the man who helped set him up. As an employee of The Adversary he would know the important players in Red's network.
-It explains why Gina looks away from Liz for a moment when Liz rushes forward to show her a picture of Tom. She knows about Liz and is jealous.

Weaknesses:
-It doesn't explain how Red knew about the box.

-If Tom is working for the Adversary, he would most likely be a threat to Liz, and I don't think Red would let a threat to Liz live in her house for this long.
-The framing of Red for framing Tom is a bit convoluted. It suggests that Tom planned on getting caught and arrested pretty far in advance and it required Gina's getting caught to completely sell. Gina would have had to have deliberately put her fingerprint on the bullet and then allow herself to be taken in, and it didn't seem like that was what happened.

More+
Flag
Possibility #1: He worked (past tense) for Red.
Scenario: Red hired Tom to watch/protect Liz, but Tom fell in love with her. To test Tom's continued loyalty he sent Tom on a mission with Gina to kill the KGB defecter, for the reasons Gina gives the FBI. Tom carries out the hit and then tells Red that he is finished with him. He has been living a civilian life the past two years. Gina lied for Tom because she still has feelings for him.

Strengths:
-It explains how Red knew about Tom's box.
-It offers one explaination why Gina and Tom both have the same "go" box (They got their boxes from Red).
-It explains how Tom found the box.
-It explains why the money was traced to Red's account.
-It explains why Red sent them after Gina. Clearly he didn't expect the woman scorned to protect her old partner.
-It explains the photograph of Tom in Gina's room.
-It explains why Tom was dressed so casually for a "job interview."
-It explains how he knew to finger Grey as the man who helped set him up.As Red's employee, he would probably have had contact with other members of Red's network.
-It explains why Gina looks away from Liz for a moment when Liz rushes forward to show her a picture of Tom. She knows about Liz and is jealous.
-It offers us and Liz a chance to forgive Tom. Tom was hired to protect Liz, not hurt her, and by leaving Red's employ, he proved his love of Liz. I think writers are working hard to make us love this character and show us how great a husband he is, and I don't think they'd choose to make him a complete monster.

Weaknesses:
-Red would have implicated himself as having hired Tom, if the truth came out. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker, given how upfront Red is with Liz about most of his shady behavior.
More+
Flag
No he isn't a spy didn't you see those 2 guys watching him he was framed by them
Flag
I suspect...so the language in the unredacted report was something about the murder victim being a double agent and was interested in defecting. So, either Tom was his CIA contact who was getting him to defect and the guy changed his mind. Or, we are going to get to see this guy pull out some sort of eastern European accent soon and he was a hitman trying to stop the defection. My money is more on the first just because, well, it is almost the exact same spy box that Annie Walker kept on Covert Affairs and turning assets was her actual initial job and sometimes those things went wonky. But that will be weirdly put to bed fairly quickly because there is a CIA agent on the Reddington team. I suspect he has been deep undercover and maybe panicked and ran when the killing took place and maybe didn't even report that he was moving to LA with Liz. So, maybe they suspect him of almost being just like Red (and that will likely be what Red himself does to Liz about Tom).
Flag
Yeah, but CIA field agents surely don't know each other, do they? Still I agree it would be too easy for him to be CIA and there would be no tensions there.
Flag
I have been actually trying to weigh the two major secrets the show has presented...what's the deal with Tom and is Red Liz's father...and figure out which one would create the most drama given where they were in filming. I suspect we just need Liz to be alone, or at least only with the ones Red seems to want her with, which so far seem to me that he likes Ressler, well, a whole hell of a lot more than Liz currently does.
Flag
One thing is for sure...he is SO NOT just a school teacher. All this teasing and to have it just be a straight forward set up? No, because then, his story line automatically gets much more boring. What this show likes to do is answer a question with any answer that creates more questions. Is the box his? Was he behind that murder? Who did he work for? Does he still work for them? What is/was his mission? Does he still work for them? Does he love Liz? I'm sure next week we will get one or two answers at most. God, I love this show!
Flag
i think its more likely that he is a hitman
Flag
Follow this Show
Members