A The Blacklist Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on NBC (Returning September 22, 2016)

When they're done with that peach, Red Reddington and that tiny dog are going to eat NBC's Thursday-night comedy block for dinner.

The network has unveiled its schedule for the 2014-2015 season, which will cut its storied comedy block in half and eventually make room for its biggest freshman hit of the 2013-2014 season, The Blacklist.

Although The Blacklist will keep its post-The Voice slot on Mondays at the start of the fall season, it will eventually be replaced by the new Katherine Heigl-fronted drama State of Affairs on November 17. The Blacklist, which will also get the post-Super Bowl slot in 2015, will then move to Thursdays at 9pm in February, where it will lead into freshman spy thriller Allegiance at 10pm. (Allegiance will replace Parenthood, which will air a 13-episode final season this fall).

One of the casualties of NBC's Thursday comedy cutback is Parks and Recreation, which despite being renewed for a seventh season isn't currently scheduled. Instead, NBC will air an hour of The Biggest Loser at 8pm, followed by freshman comedies Bad Judge and A to Z at 9pm. Marry Me, another freshman comedy, will be paired with returning comedy About a Boy after The Voice's Tuesday edition.

New drama The Mysteries of Laura, starring Debra Messing as a homicide detective, will kick off a Wednesday-night procedural block that also includes Law & Order: SVU and Chicago Fire. Both SVU and Chicago Fire will return to their current time slots of 9pm and 10pm, respectively. 

NBC will also debut new comic book drama Constantine on Fridays at 10pm, following Grimm at 9pm.

New series Odyssey, the Krysten Ritter-starring Mission Control, the Elisha Cuthbert-starring One Big HappyMr. Robinson, and Tina Fey and Robert Carlock's Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, as well as event series Emerald City, Aquarius, and Heroes: Reborn have yet to be scheduled. A.D., a miniseries from The Bible producer Mark Burnett, will begin on Easter Sunday 2015. Hannibal is expected to return for Season 3 in the spring.

Check out the network's full schedule below.

NBC'S FALL 2014-2015 SCHEDULE 
New shows are listed in ALL CAPS

MONDAY

8pm-10pm – The Voice
10pm-11pm – The BlacklistSTATE OF AFFAIRS (beginning November 17)

TUESDAY

8-9pm – The Voice
9-9:30pm – MARRY ME
9:30-10pm – About a Boy
10-11pm – Chicago Fire

WEDNESDAY

8-9pm – THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA
9-10pm – Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
10-11pm – Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY

8-9pm – The Biggest Loser
9-9:30pm – BAD JUDGE / The Blacklist from 9-10pm beginning February 5
9:30-10pm – A to Z
10-11pm – Parenthood / ALLEGIANCE

FRIDAY

8-9pm – Dateline NBC
9-10pm – Grimm
10-11pm – CONSTANTINE

SUNDAY

7-8:20pm – Football Night in America
8:20-11:30pm – Sunday Night Football

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

66 Comments
Comments (66)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Damn it to hell. I missed Blacklist Sunday night....not knowing it was even on. How can I watch it now? What's wrong with those people? Switching it up like that. Can someone tell me how I can find it on the TV (NOT the computer monitor)?
Flag
Does anyone know if the following shows are still going to be made:
The Slap, Mr. Robinson and Under the Gun?
I'd like to cross them off my list if they've been cancelled.
Flag
Law and Order , but this good dam TV show never ends ???
Who the hell still sees this ???
The story is always the same for 18 years , dam how is this possible ...
It must be like JAG 20 million people saw it but when we asked about the episode no one as seen it ...
Something smells bad about all of this!!!!!
Flag
ugh I hate it when they move tv show days. Especially when they move everything to the same day. Can't channels just happily rule other days of the week?

And no Blacklist from midNov-Feb? Do they want riots on the streets?
Flag
Am I sppoto want to watch this schedule. Sorry, but outside of Sunday Night Football, nothing attracts my interest. About A Boy is a good show, but it's Tuesday night time slot buries it for me, especially is Marvel's Agent Carter ends up airing in that slot, which I think it will.
Flag
To me, this schedule looks a lot greater than the sum of it's parts, which you can take what you want from.

I'd say Thursday still looks pretty bleak even without the comedy block, but assuming The Blacklist remains a mega-hit it's a good anchor for the night, and could nicely set-up State of Affairs as its Monday replacement with the right advertising.

Basically the network has just enough flagship reality and drama series that pull in steady ratings to build it's new (and not so impressive) series around that at this point the only real problem I can see is potentially The Mysteries of Laura on Wednesday, which may clash tonally with the other dramas on that night to say the least.
Flag
I miss Dracula already. I guess I am in the minority. None of these new shows sound all that interesting right now except maybe Constantine.
Flag
Wow. Only one thing is coming to mind right now, looking at this.

"YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU ALL! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"
Flag
SVU is the only show on the list that I watch. I might try Debra Messing's new show. Then I'll complain until Parks and Rec comes back,
Flag
It is about time. Now had they only done this years ago they wouldn't have had the issue with Community and Parks and Rec that they did. How big of a deal was it to move the comedy from Thursday? Not a big deal at all. So now you have one of the stronger shows that NBC has for some reason in The Biggest Loser going up against a declining BBT and you have Blacklist destroying whatever the other networks have at 9. This was a smart move by a network that waved bye bye to smart a long time ago. But as they say, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

However, State of Affairs isn't going to be saved by The Voice. It looks like a Shondra Rhimes version of Zero Dark Thirty except you replace the gorgeous and talented Jessica Chastain with Katherine Heigl, who really hasn't been good in anything in the past what half of a decade.

And they are going to need something for Wednesday at 8pm because The Mysteries of Laura looks like it is going to last about an episode. I seriously can't conceive how that made it out of the Pilot and someone said, yea, sure, I believe Debra Messing as a tough cop.

Kind of a smart decision with Constantine. But I feel that the two shows maybe too close in similarity for Grimm fans to stick around for another hour.
More+
Flag
Staff
I actually think this is the best schedule they could have put together. The Blacklist is going to slay on Thursdays. The shows don't look great, but they make sense for a network that's on the way back.
Flag
After this season Blacklist's convoluted and moronic storytelling will sink it.
Flag
They're slow learners but they eventually took your advice Cory.
Flag
I can't see "Marry Me" being very funny, I always think of that sappy Train song whenever I hear the name. Anyway, that schedule isn't a whole lot of change from this year, where the comedy lineup already has died in favor of "Hollywood Game Night," so it looks like they aren't switching things up too much, but it needs to be seen whether ANY of these new shows will work.

Flag
Is it just me or does this schedule look like the worst thing ever lol they must really have a lot of faith in these new shows
Flag
Oh man, that Thursday schedule is maybe the most painful thing NBC could have done to themselves, it's like watching a simpleton not understand why the rake keeps hitting him in the face when he steps on the tines - it was funny the first 8 times, but now it's just pathetic.

I still don't understand why Law & Order: Kiddie Rape is on at 9pm.

Oh, that Constantine timeslot is sad, the show is already dead. That said, I will probably watch as there is nothing else on Fridays right now, and even the brief "The Dresden Files" run was more satisfying than nothing, so I'm hoping Constantine even if it doesn't succeed could work on that level.

What a truly horrible, jumbled mess of a schedule.
Flag
What show could Constantine have paired with better than Grimm? That move makes the most sense.
Flag
Something that's not cheap and easily ignored? Ok, I confess, it's NBC so that's nigh-impossible, but maybe The Blacklist if they want a light drama block.
Flag
this is the worst NBC schedule in about 10 years...

Parks and Rec DID get renewed didn't it? I never saw anything OFFICIAL about it, just that guy saying it'd be back and it'd be last season. leaving it off schedule until midseason is ridiculous, it's easily their best show on TV right now, comedy or otherwise. if they hold it off until midseason I hope it means we get a full season with less breaks and not a shortened season.

I'll give Constantine, A to Z, and Marry Me a shot though. apart from Grimm and P&R, and Parenthood, NBC's a total waste this season.
Flag
Staff
It's official-official. Confirmed when the network renewed Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, and Grimm:
http://www.tv.com/shows/chicago-fire/community/post/nbc-renews-chicago-fire-pd-grimm-139527446877/
Flag
I guess that's why I didn't see the article, I only watch Grimm so I didn't think to read the rest :p Thanks.
Flag
The only thing I applaud NBC for is that they now recognise The Blacklist is a comedy.
Flag
Let's see where they submit it for the Emmys.
Flag
LOL. No - only the some of the posts qualify.
Flag
That schedule just looks sad.
Flag
First Community and now Parks and Rec.

Flag
No no, Parks & Rec isn't canned, they did this last year and the year before too, it's just delayed until something flops that it can replace.
Flag
It has been announced by NBC that next season will be the final season. Which just sucks!
Flag
The show time jumped. Generally that means the series is coming to a close. And it is time. It has had a long run. And they can only go so far with it.
Flag
Really? It seemed to me like this was a good time to leave, actually like the season that just ended was a great time to leave. Rather it left on a high note than petered out the way The Office did.
Flag
WOW, I didn't realize other then Football the only show on NBC I watch is The Blacklist.
Flag
Glad to see that they are bringing back Parenthood for one last 13 episode season, though if this last season finale was actually the series finale, I would have been content with it.

Never even heard anything about The Mysteries of Laura until I read I saw it in the article above. It seems that NBC, under NBC Universal which also has the USA Network, really won't quit until Debra Messing has success in something post-Will & Grace. It seems that Bob Greenblatt is still smarting from the big wreck of that was Smash. Good luck with a show whose name is The Mysteries of Laura. I'm willing to put in my Dead Pool for next season. But it is NBC with one of their (who knows why) favorite actresses, so it probably won't be cancelled until this time next year.

Happy to see Casey Wilson back on TV, which means that all six Happy Endings alums will be on TV next season.

What's next for Chicago, NBC? Chicago Water Management? Chicago Streets and Sanitation? Chicago Public Library? "Shh!" "Shh!". Or perhaps after Parks and Rec ends this upcoming season there will be Chicago Park.
Flag
I wonder where they are going to put Parks and Rec? I feel sad that since it's a midseason we only have 13 to say goodbye :(, but at least it's better than cancelation.

Wonder if the Blacklist moving wil pay off, I mean neither smash and revolution made it past two seasons...

I'll give a chance to a to z, state of affairs, bad judge and constantine
Flag
that's not totally true, midseason just means it won't premiere until atleast winter, not that it HAS to have 13 episodes. Mike & Molly was being held until midseason, until another show was cancelled and they moved it up, but it still had a full season order. just means P&R won't have as many weeks off.
Flag
First they kill Community and now they don't put Parks & Rec (arguably their best know show) on the schedule. NBC is starting to FOX their schedule..
Flag
Pretty sure they did this to P&R last season too.
Flag
I think it started in late September or early October
Flag
It was late September, but IIRC they didn't schedule it until late in the game.
Flag
Ah! Yeah, fair enough. It doesn't look like it this time round...
Flag
Does that mean that The Blacklist is on hiatus from November to February? That doesn't seem like the best idea to me, but then again this is NBC...
Flag
Constantine with Grimm. Not really a surprise !
Flag
Hm. I wondered when they'd give up on keeping a Thursday comedy lineup. Now I know. But what I don't know is why every network assumes that anyone who'd want to watch anything remotely sci-fi is always sitting at home on Fridays, just waiting for them to provide the entertainment.

On a side note, I often feel like trying to escape The Biggest Loser is like trying to escape a Pharrell song on the pop radio stations.
Flag
Because I'm a nerd who watches sci-fi. And like all nerds I have no life and stay in on Friday nights.
Flag
The problem with that is that nerds like yourself aren't all nerds. If you were, nerd-friendly shows wouldn't watch their ratings immediately plummet after being shat onto Fridays.

Nerds like myself, often (not always) have stuff to do on Fridays, but we're happy to get back to our shows on secondary basis, which is where they belong. For networks, the question shouldn't be "Why won't the nerds watch our shows when and where we want them watched?" but "When and where can we get the most nerds to watch our shows?" With all the shows they're losing on Fridays, *if* they actually want their shows to continue (as opposed to dumping them into the X-Zone so they won't have to renew contracts with actors continuing seasons), I'd say they're doin' it wrong.

Friday-friendly nerds like yourself, aren't enough.
Flag
At least the Friday scheduling allows the expectations to be lower and maybe give the shows a chance to survive, but I'm not holding my breath with Constantine it could go either way
Flag
One question where is Hannibal in the schedule ?
Flag
Probably still Fridays...in March. Whether Constantine makes it or not, it won't be in the way in March.
Flag
I think it's a good idea for NBC to put something like The Biggest Loser up against The Big Bang Theory. Any reality show, really. They can't compete, so they might as well put something inexpensive to make in that time slot.

I really hope they put Parks and Rec on the schedule.
Flag
The Big Bang Theory is moving to Monday's or something.
Flag
thought big bang was on CBS
Flag
Only for the duration of Thurs. Night Football, though
Flag
Follow this Show
Members