A The Blacklist Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on NBC (Returning September 22, 2016)
Wow.
Just.
Wow.

While this may not have been the best episode plotwise, what "Mako Tanida" gave us was a lot of brilliant Ressler/Red interaction, BAMF!Tom Bond, and a few serious kicks in the feels.

Oh, and a smattering of hints and puzzles for the plot too, of course.
Because it wouldn't be The Blacklist if it didn't leave us speculating (and scratching our heads).

But let's take it from the top, before I get sidetracked again.
Just to get us in the mood, they start off by reminding us of Sneaky!Jolene and cutesy Ressler-and-Audrey, and you KNOW something is going to happen to Ressler's lovelife.

(Seriously, the juxtaposition with Jolene made me fear that my initial, sneaking suspicion that Audrey was a plant sent to spy on Ressler (like a female version of Tom,) might be right.)

Well, I was wrong. Not that it helps - Ressler is still crushed and devastated by betrayal, just not by Audrey's. No, poor Audrey is "just" dead, giving him ample opportunity to toss out the rule book and take a page out of the Raymond "Red" Reddington manual on Life, The Universe and Asskicking instead.

I mean, we've seen that Ressler has become more willing to bend the rules rather than break everything else, but this was on a whole new level.
Through a series of lovely little chats with Red throughout the episode, they both bonded over topics like lost love and vengeance, and it was a beautiful as it was chilling.

Ressler seems to be the only one apart from Lizzie herself that Reddington actually has a smidgen of empathy for, and it's becoming increasingly clear that he sees something of himself in the younger man - a promising, by-the-book career man on the upward track who experiences a shocking loss and goes off the reservation - where have we heard that before?

Great interaction, and although the trust and closeness felt a little bit sudden, I think Ressler's view of Red changed a great deal during the Anzlo Garrick debacle.
Hard to remain quite so skeptical and distanced when the guy has had his fingers inside your leg, and given you his blood...

While Ressler and Red bond, Tom and Jolene have a big blow-up. You know, literally.
She questions him, he gets pissed off.

She gets followed, he takes care of it. She's dumb enough to tie up her lose ends by calling Lizze to say "bye", and Tom takes the opportunity to make it permanent.

So badass, Tom - I approve!

Unfortunately Cowboy Man became collateral damage after giving us just a few, short snark-fests with Red - such a shame!

Bye-bye, Cowboy Man - we'll probably never even learn your name!

In the end, Ressler gets his revenge, although he DOES manage to step back from the brink and not pull the trigger on his old colleague in cold blood. Which is good, because I would be SO bummed if Ressler went off to spend a lifetime in jail - who would have these lovely man-to-man chats with Reddington then?

And then there's the end, which is just a long line-up of kicks in the feels.
Seriously.

It wasn't enough that Ressler lost The Love Of His Life - picking up her stuff, he comes across a box of pregnancy tests.

Opened. And you just SEE the lightbulb going on over his head, and his face just CRUMBLES, and it HURTS and WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME, Blacklist? Isn't lost love enough of a parallel to Red? *whimper*

And in the meantime, Reddington sits alone in front of a ballet stage, watching his annual private viewing of Swan Lake, while the dancers whisper that his daughter was in the show years ago.

His inner eye shows him a dainty young girl twirling across the stage, and your heart breaks just a little bit more.

And finally, Reddington's final gift to Ressler - Tanida's head in a box, exactly what he suggested Red really wanted during their first chat.

Along with a truly touching and moving letter about the gradual process of grief - Red would make a truly remarkable poet or personal therapist, you know?

Ok.

Quick points:
- This is probably the first episode with very little Lizzie and Lizzie/Red where I was MORE than fine with that. I DID like the one chat where she said that Ressler wasn't like Red, he couldn't walk away from a cold-blooded murder unscathed.

- Red's matter-of-fact reply of "Nobody can murder someone in cold blood and come out OK on the other end" was another one of his chilling "yes, I'm a monster"-moments that I love soooo much.

- SO much great Ressler/Red interaction here, and SO much more Ressler, and GOOD and INTERESTING Ressler, and WOW - thank you, Blacklist!

- How surprised was I when I realized that the whole BAMF!Tom-plotline, which I've been waiting for for EVER, took second seat to Ressler's sudden bonding time with Red?

- Just goes to prove that it's all about Red, although Ressler was CLEARLY the MVP of this episode.

- And then there's the plot hint - Tom was hired by "Berlin", whether that means German Intelligence, a criminal organisation whose HQ is in Berlin, or something completely different is entirely unclear, but it gives us one more nugget to throw around while we ponder our theories and scratch our heads.

- All in all I think this was a good, strong episode in terms of character development and emotional impact.

- And I'm a sucker for Hurt!Ressler and BAMF!Ressler, so there's that. :)
Comments (69)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I don't know if anyone else has touched on this, but I personally saw the comment from Red about, "nobody can murder someone in cold blood and come out okay on the other end," being less about, "Yes, I'm a monster," and more the opposite.

He's ruthless, cold, calculating, charming to a fault and will put a bullet in your head if you so much as look at Lizzie sideways... but he never comes out okay on the other end. It stays with him because despite everything he's gone through and everything he's done, he's still human at heart. He's still the father that lost his wife and child. He still grieves and he still longs, as evidenced by the Swan Lake scene at the end.

What was done to him was monstrous and it created a monster (to quote about another favorite anti-hero), but the grief and despair of remembering his lost loved ones is still so great that it overshadows any feeling of remorse or shame over what he's done since then.
Flag
Yeah, no, I don't mean that he claims to be a full-blown socio- or psychopath who isn't touched by what he does.
He keeps referring to himself as a bad man ("monster"), and I think that it's how he sees what he's become - someone who IS scarred and hurt by what he's done - AND STILL KEEPS DOING IT.
The moment he chose to put someone down, to be judge, jury and executioner, he started down a slippery slope. His emotional reactions keep him human - but his actions in spite of them make him monstrous - at least in his own eyes.
I think Red desperately needs to see himself as exactly that - a monster - in order to keep going through his everyday life.
Either he started out as an undercover agent, or was thrust into his life of crime unwillingly, or he chose it out of desperation and revenge - but either way he couldn't survive in that world the way he was.
And so, when he became the cold-blooded murderer he IS today, he had to chose:
To break - or to embrace the monster inside.

This does not mean that Red is incapable of any of the emotions we ascribe to good people, or that he is necessarily a bad person (depending on your definition) - but that he choses to do what needs to be done regardless.
He's made himself a monster so that others don't have to be.
More +
Flag
See, since the start, I immediately thought that Red would like Ressler for Liz.
Flag
All of the scenes that had Ressler and Red interacting were spot on, what a great job of acting and writing. James Spader has long been a favorite of mine, so his great portrayal of Red is no surprise, but I'd never heard of Diego Klattenhoff before this show, and he is quickly winning me over.

I loved the scene where Ressler is strapping on his bullet proof vest talking with Jonica while preparing to break into the underground hospital and then in the hospital gets information from Tanika’s thugs about his whereabouts. Ressler's slow break from his 'by the book' ways is a fascinating process to watch. Also loved that they used "Jungle" by X Ambassadors and Jamie N Commons during that scene, what a great audio/visual fit.

I really like how they are developing the relationship between Ressler and Red, and I love how you can't tell if this is going to be good or bad for either/both of them.

Flag
I waited to post this (S01E16) after the next week's episode (S01E17) to see if there are any further tie-ins ... now, I find this interaction the most interesting of (S01E16) and possibly the season - I quoted the dialogue as accurately as possible ...

-- As they separately meet at a commercial/district building door and enter ...
(Tom says to Jolene) "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you? You come to my house?"
(Jolene) "Calm down."
(Tom) "You're not my 'handler', I don't work for you."
(Jolene) "'BERLIN' is having doubts."
(Tom) "Yeah, well 'BERLIN' doesn't have a dead? clue. Do you have any idea how many candidates there were? They chose me. I've done everything they asked. I married the woman for God sakes and made her think my entire world revolves around her and now it's been two years and I've heard nothing."

-- As Jolene looks around the warehouse you can see a sniper rifle with scope, a
black sports car, random work tables, computers, monitors, etc.
(Jolene) "We sent word four months ago."
(Tom) "Four months ago I had to go dark because Reddington sent a psychopath with a knife into my house, he cut me like a totem pole and because of that, Liz finds my GO bag, my passports, everything. So what did I do?, I got myself out, I convinced her that the passports are fake, the cash isn't mine. So excuse me for being ... Don't touch that! " (the table with the sniper rifle sitting on it) "I've had my hands full."

-- While looking at a wall, covered with surveillance photos, news clips and other
layout sheets and notes with overlaid yarn-crossed push pins)
(Jolene) "'BERLIN' wants information."
(Tom) "So do I. You know somebody put cameras, in 'that' house." (explicitly not
our house? that Liz and Tom live) "Somebody was watching us and it wasn't the FBI, so why don't you tell me who the hell was...?"
(Jolene interrupts) "I can't help you unless you calm down."
(Tom) "Best I can tell, 'their' paths have crossed at key moments in the past
twenty years - Quantico, Baltimore, she doesn't know and I can't prove it but, I
believe Reddington was funneling money through the adoptive father for years."
(Jolene) "What's this?"

-- a hand drawn layout of a building with a loading dock reference
(Tom) "It's a 'Black Site' from memory. It's -Youda {indiscernible} - Keen works
for."
(Jolene) "What about the cases?"
(Tom) "You know I sat right next to Reddington once, in a hospital, I could have
put a bullet in his head."
(Jolene) "That wasn't your mission."
(Tom) "Alright, show'n tell's over, I have detention at 4."

-- At which point they both exit the building walking back in the direction that
Tom came walking from (btw Jolene had arrived from across the street - oops!)
-- Cowboy is across the street surveilling.

-- Back in the warehouse
-- Tom to Jolene

(Tom) "...Unez? John Biddez? Reddington? the cases: Woojing, the Alcatraz -
Reddington used them to track you down, to get to you, to me, it means you are
compromised and if you are compromised, then it's only a matter of time before your trail leads to me."
(Jolene) "It's not going to happen."
(Tom) "Call my wife, get her on the phone, disengage."
(Jolene) "Disengage?"
(Tom) "Disengage, tell her that you're not looking for a place anymore, that your
boyfriend got a job offer and you're moving to Dayton."
(Cowboy) "Don't do it. As soon as you hang up that phone he's gonna kill ya, and
he's gonna kill me. Don't make that call."
(Tom) 'Says the man tied to a chair. Do it." ...

so is Tom's 'handler' linked to Red? Christmas Eve 1990?
then 'who' is Tom's handler? we haven't seen that character?, yet? ...

More+
Flag
Blacklist is not on my Monday must watch list anymore. I just watch the episode. I had to avoid this review till now. I must say this is one of the better episodes and I am always happy to see the awesome Hoon Lee from Banshee.

Jolene is a wonderful eye candy that I thought could be a match for Tom. I am quite sad they killed her off already and Lance Reddick too. I hope Lance get his own series soon.

Blacklist works much better if they could move the main story faster on top of a case of the week and recent weeks it is doing that.

Flag
Well, Jolene proved to be a bigger idiot than most of the non-Lizzie or non-Red characters on the show. She was WARNED by Cowboy Man that Tom would kill her once she hung up the phone, and what does she do? TURN HER BACK TO HIM WHILE ENDING THE CONVERSATION! If you don't trust your partner and a guy you don't know is warning you that he might kill you, you at least keep him where you can see him! MORON!

Added idiot points go to Lizzie, who goes into the shower with Tom for some lovin' and doesn't even seem to notice his hands are all bloody. Yes, Tom managed to scrub most of it off, but if there was enough to leave red smudges on Lizzie's back, you'd think she'd notice.

As for Ressler, I'm glad he finally got a focus episode. He mostly seemed like the butt monkey of every episode, constantly getting beaten up (or shot in Anslo's case) but this shows just how dangerous he can be. I wish more focus was brought to the supporting characters. The whole of the show seems to revolve around Lizzie; we know pretty much everything about her now but we know almost nothing about any of her co-workers. Red is SUPPOSED to be mysterious, but she works with other agents too, like the Indian girl from ER. I can't even remember her name!
More+
Flag
I couldn't agree more about Jolene. The Cowboy's warning should have at least given her pause. Even if she didn't believe him 100%, there was no reason for her to take take that risk. Like the scene with Liz, I feel like believably was sacrificed for a cool visual, the first being Tom slowly taking off his glasses and setting them on the chair and the second the literal blood on Tom's hands as he and Liz make love. To be fair, both shots WERE awesome.

I also am glad about Ressler. Red and Liz have a special connection and it is the center of the show so it was important that dynamic was built before they fleshed out Red's and Liz's relationship with other characters. Now I think the writers feel comfortable enough to spend time on these secondary relationships which will strengthen the show. I'd like to see Red working with Aram and Liz bonding with Meera next.
Flag
Damn they killed off Agent Broyles (Fringe!) , but at least boring, whiny, baby shower Tom is finally interesting. Found it a tad comical though when Tom put down his glasses in that warehouse I thought to myself here we go Clark kent is about to morph into Superman and then he kind of struggles to subdue/kill a petite woman who he sneaks up on and gets a cheap shot on.
Flag
The best scenes of the show (and where the heart of the show truly lies) for me come from Red's softer moments (and Red's badassery) but is it me or are his scene with Ressler always the most sincere and beautiful?

The scenes between them in the box are for me the best moments in the whole show.

I loved this episode and i love the way this show slowly but steadily builds and reveals it's characters very much the same way that it does with it's mysteries.
Flag
The word is "loose" ends. Not "lose" ends.

Regarding Jolene: The cowboy told her Tom would kill her, yet she turned her back on Tom when making the call. This is how a "professional" killer acts? Very sloppy! She deserved to die at Tom's hands.
Flag
I'm not entirely certain she WAS a professional killer. I think she was more of a "covert intelligence operative" than an assassin - but that speaks even less of her abilities, as a conman or someone living by guile, lies and deception should be good at reading a situation and hear some alarm bells going off.

Possibly she was so confident he wouldn't dare to harm her as they worked for the same people, that she decided to ignore her instincts.

Oh, and thanks for the correction - sometimes the typos sneak in when I'm looking in the other direction. ;)
Flag
This show... You're just getting attached to a character (CowboyMan) and then couple of muzzle flashes and he's gone! But at least boring arse Tom is well and truly dead :-)
Flag
Resller telling his best bud that he is tight with Red is probably going to play a major, or minor role in season 2. Ressler is a real pussy; he knew that and yet he went out and spill secret stuff.
Flag
First things first...{Googling "BAMF"}...ohhh, now I get it.

This might not have been one of the best episodes, but it might be one of my favourites. Last week we got Broyles. This week we get Job? AWESOME. Hoon Lee not in drag kicking ass and Lance Reddick still in a cowboy hat...how can those two not make this episode fantastic?

The conversations between Red and Ressler were fantastic. Poignant. Touching. Cold hearted. I don't know if making it a regular thing would take away some of the magic, but I'd be willing to roll the dice on that. So good!

Ressler finding the pregnancy test just seemed like piling on. I mean, c'mon Blacklist...was that REALLY necessary?

Red at the ballet. OMG! I don't know when it happened or if I'm just drinking the Koolaid, but James Spader is a BAMF! So much so that he commands the screen without speaking a word. Just his presence. Well, that and another fantastic director. During the moments when Red gets serious, the angles used to film him and the various ways in which he's lit...it just adds gravity to whatever he's doing. His cell confession in Madeline Pratt were both fantastic his barn monologue in The Judge but the angles and ever so slight head movement playing tricks with the spotlight behind him...GENIUS!!! The cherry on top of his flashback...the program in his hands from his daughter's performance. This is still a show on NBC, right? It wasn't moved to Showcase or HBO without my knowledge? Didn't anybody tell the folks over at NBC that hey haven't got the skillz to get all artsy 'n' stuff?
More+
Flag
I saw Ressler finding the pregnancy box as yet another way his life sadly shadows Red's. The child that can't be anymore. This episode let me see a little bit more of who Raymond Reddington is and why. Red's calloused exterior has a soft gooey center. I love it!! Wonder if this is headed toward Liz and Ressler together?
Flag
OMG. You had me shaking my head, in agreement, and falling out laughing, all at the same time! This post was a BAMF....;-)
Flag
Although overall I find The Blacklist a pretty good show, it had a few weak episodes half-way but I am glad it is back on track now. Bland Tom and his bland storylines (office romance ugh...) are finally over and I much prefer him kicking ass although I was sad the Lance Reddick character is gone. He rocked that cowboy hat... RIP cowboy! All in all the show has done a pretty convincing job with the Tom character and although now we know his marriage to Lizzie is a mission, it is still unknown if he is there to protect her (could have been sent by one of her bio-parents) or keep her under control... Also hard to predict what Tom's stance will be if she is in danger. It is still unclear what his true feelings are, perhaps even to himself...

Just a minor gripe: I feel we never got to know Audrey very well so her death was a bit meh (I really didn't care. It didn't help that she left the car in the middle of a shoot out which was a pretty dumb move) but sure, it serves the purpose of getting Ressler to be a lot more revengeful and less straight laced...
More+
Flag
The "dumb move" has been discussed and disected in a lot of venues since the ep aired, and it's been generally decided (by fair and generous people like me ;) ) that she was suffering from a traumatic head injury (she BROKE the WINDOW with her HEAD - that takes some doing, and would leave her concussed at the very least) and had no idea where she was or what was happening.
Dazed & confused & bleeding in the brain - I think we'll give her a pass this one time. ;)

I agree that we didn't get to know her very well, and I think that was part of the reason for the pregnancy test; judging by what we'd seen so far, they'd been dating, and she seemed about to move in - the test puts this into a whole new perspective:
She wasn't just a steady girlfriend - she was the mother of his unborn child. FAMILY.
INSTA-serious-relationship creator right there.
Flag
Sure I can see how that was the purpose but to me, and perhaps I am very cynical, the pregnancy test was a lazy/desperate attempt by the writers to make Audrey's death more significant. With better writing she would already have been significant enough and that test ploy would have been unnecessary. Still a good show but it doesn't always do a great job at creating character depth (other than Red and a bit perhaps Lizzie)
Flag
Oh, and how could I forget to mention this (I wrote, cut and rewrote the damn thing while sleepdeprived (hell, thy name is insomnia), that's how,):

What Ressler took away from all this: His worst enemy brought back the woman he loved.
Wow.
I mean, I once had a theory that Red informed Audrey so that Donald could have someone visit him at the hospital, but that doesn't even matter; Ressler credits Red for being the ultimate cause of bringing them together again.
You know, because Red and his f*cked up life is the reason Ressler got shot.

I didn't see that coming AT ALL.
I half expected him to BLAME Red, because if Audrey hadn't come back into his life, she would probably still be alive.
And if he hadn't been hunting Red, the whole mess with Tanida never would have happened - so no dead GF there either.
But this was SO MUCH BETTER - and yet another reason why he's had such a change in how he views and relates to Red; the man didn't just save his life - he gave him happiness.
Which, of course, was taken away - because that's just how The Blacklist rolls.
More+
Flag
His worst enemy brought back the woman he loved and his best friend killed her...that was hard. It takes a fair bit of stretching to reach that conclusion, but it's legit. Still doesn't make it any less hard tough, which is why the whole pregnancy seemed unnecessary. This is devastating. He's crushed. We get it..."Stop it! Stop it! He's already dead!"
Flag
Stopped watching before this episode. The entire cast except Spader is so incredibly non-individual, overacting and bland that I just couldn't take it, even with Spader's brilliance. Kill the rest of the cast and I'll be back.
Flag
Well, as I (and several others) have said, this episode DID show us a much more interesting Ressler, who resonated well with Red-the-grieving-family-man.
And with Tom FINALLY outed as a coldblooded killer, there's hope for him and his storyline too. :)
Flag
did i miss something here?/// red didnt mention mako tanida is in his blacklist did he????/ i thought he was just some dude wanted revenge...
why bring audrey to the show then kill her off?????? very sad, i was happy at least one of these 2 agents were in a happy relationship, now they both suck at relationships... maybe these two should date :)))
Flag
Nope, I don't think he mentions him being on the list - but the number still appears in the opening credit.
Like it did with The Samaritan and a couple of other "WTF?" cases where there wouldn't be a reason for them to be on his list.
(Don't think The Judge belonged on the list either...)
Flag
thanks for clarifying it thought i missed something...wonder what the numbers are for then cause he doesnt mention them to be on the list, oh well... love your reviews :))) and your scenarios...cant wait for the next episode
Flag
i liked
Flag
GreyMinerva, I have to digress, for just a moment to say......

GREYMINERVA WHERE WERE YOU!!??....*worried frown*....I spent ALL of Tuesday wondering if Tom had absconded with you. Actually had to go back and watch the show to make sure that Tom had only buried Cowboy and Jolene...;-) Here I was, all torn up with Red sadness and Ressler sadness and wondering if GreyMinerva and everyone else was as torn up as me.

Rushed in here and.........hhmm......waited patiently and......hhmm......waited frantically and.....hhmm......pouted quite a bit and flounced off to work. Worked and fretted. Fretted and worked. Tore home, on WEDNESDAY NO LESS and finally! Thank goodness the other posters saved my bacon and posted and plotted and wondered as I enjoy all the posters.

Just sayin', GreyMinerva, just sayin'.....:-)

We now returned to our scheduled rant, er, posting:

I had four words for the show:

OMG!
OMG!!
OMG!!!
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!

OMG - Tom killed Jolene! OMG Tom killed Cowboy! OMG how could Jolene have been so dumb and call Lizzie??! OMG how could Cowboy be so dumb to get caught!

OMG - they killed off Audrey. They killed off Audrey!...hhhm....wonder if they are putting Ressler and Lizzie together? I can now see that with Ressler turning to the dark side and being all swoonery on the show now. Not sure that's a word, but hey it works for me.

OMG - Audrey was pregnant!! Blacklist you are killing me!!!

OMG - Red watching the Swan Lake all by himself and wishing for his daughter. About wept myself. Okay, a tear or two or about ten thousand flowed freely.....*reaches for tissue box*....

OMG - who KNEW that Ressler could be such a hunkola!! I loved the letter Red wrote and made me sad for Red and Ressler.

OMG - it's only Wednesday and 5 more days to go before I see the show again.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blacklist is driving me crazy! Scuze me while I go back to the DVR to watch again.....:-)
More+
Flag
Awwww, sorry!
Unfortunately, I'm not located in the US, so I don't get to watch the show live (in the middle of the night).
And Tuesday night, when I got home after a trip to the movies - I actually had to pick ONE show to watch before bedtime... and I picked Teen Wolf! *runs and hides*
I'm sorry! I had to! They killed off a main character! (I cried 'till my teeth chattered.)

Flag
To be cavalierly tossed to the side for a movie....hhmm......ponders a moment....hhm......Red or Teen Wolf. Teen Wolf or Red....hhm.....okay, I guess that's okay just once....lol...:-)

In future, you must remember that I sandwich your review in between watching the show and the After The Blacklist thing! I had to have my dessert before my appetizer!
Flag
I love this show and it sound weird but I love tom more now than I did before, he is bad ass the way he took his glasses off ready for the kill, ahhhh. My heat felt for ressler poor guy and Red well he always manages to make me feel for him, and he still manages to surprise me really a head in a box wow. This episode was just WOW.
Flag
Wow exactly. I have sounded like a loon all day muttering either 'wow'or OMG to myself....:-)
Flag
:) don't worry I was the same. The whole episode I was going OMG, WOW, WHAT THE HELL, AHHHHHHHH.
Flag
LOL! I know right! All in that order too! Wow! OMG, What in the world??! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Rinse and repeat. Wow.OMG....see.....;-)
Flag
So we still don't know who Apple guy is....not sure if it was Tom's agency or another's. Hmmm I've got big questions on why Lizzie is his Target. Is it because of Red? Or her Original Father. Speaking of Fathers it seems like Lizzie has 3 of them???
1) Sam adopted her when she was 4?
2) Red could possibly be biological but who knows! Maybe an uncle?
3) Then there is the Dad that had a criminal background and disappeared and then burned the mark into her arm when she was older.
Was Sam around when the fire happened? Did Lizzie maybe track down mystery Dad #3 and lived with him for a bit? I can't really see that Sam would hurt her (scar) because their "relationship" would have been bad and not good as it seemed to be portrayed before his death.....
I feel like there is some continuity issues here. No?
Ok back to the Episode.....loving Ressler, loving Ressler/ Red relationship, love Tom as killer and love love love love Hoon Lee! Thank you Blacklist for answering a question but then keeping on our toes with more questions!
Flag
Everything what JenMo73 said. Answers please Blacklist family.....
Flag
Apple guy worked for Fitch. Jolene's target appears to have been Red, since she has been tailing him around the world. Tom seems to have been sent to gather intelligence on the connection between them. I think if Liz were the focus of the operation and Tom was sent my her father, then this wouldn't be the mission, the father would already know how Red and Liz first connected, because to find her he would have had to trace connection from Red to Sam.

Ressler and Red were amazing this episode. I how all these revelation Ressler is getting from Reddington is going to cause Ressler to dig deeper into Red's past, because the dossier and Red's knowledge of grief like Ressler's doesn't line up with the facts Ressler's been given about Red.
Flag
That's right! We need a good discussion on why Jolene was following Red all over the world. If Red was her target, why would she take time from following him to take up with Tom? But then, she had the folder on him so she had to be sent. Or, she may have discovered how invested Red is to Lizzie and wants to get to know more about Liz and Tom...hhmm...
Flag
Who was Fitch again! Argh! So many people and confusion, sometimes. ;)
Flag
Alan Alda's character. The guy who paid Anslo to adbuct Red and who seems to be a government offical.
Flag
Ah! That's right. Well what if Fitch is Lizzie's "real dad"? Too crazy?
Flag
The best part of that episode was guest star Hoon Lee ('Banshee'). How long did it take the 'BANSHEEEEEEEEES' to figure out that was 'Job'?

Agree with your MVP Diego Klattenhoff's 'Ressler' - bringing in a new character. estranged wife, for short painful arc can be hit or miss but his performance was so good you didn't mind the cliché. Red and Ressler bonding is great. Those two work very well together.

Now I can completely hate the sh!t out of Tom for killing Lance Reddick. This show would be better, and more awesome, if Lance had been playing Tom.
Flag
I knew it was Job right off. I adore Job. He makes me laugh. Which reminds me I need to go back and watch last Friday's episode. Without giving it away, can someone let me know if Banshee's season finale is worth watching or can I wait to see what's up with Tom on Monday? A girl can have only so many things to occupy the mind.
Flag
'Banshee's season finale was superb. Closing out the rabbit story in awesome fashion and setting up the threads for next season very nicely. As you must love 'Job' as much as I do you will especially enjoy quite possibly his most memorable scene in the series which takes place as 'Hood' is introducing Anna/Carrie to him for the first time. It is an episode that those fans that have been with show since start will appreciate and enjoy the most. Two characters that have been around since the beginning don't make it out of the finale alive (one will make you sad and another is just totally 'Bansheeee' and Rebecca and Uncle Kai manage to up their creepy factor to 11. A+ episode written by Jonathan Tropper and directed by Greg Yataines.
Flag
Wow! I can't wait to watch. Darn, I have to leave for work in an hour. Why would you tease me so Whedonrules when I can't fire up the DVR and watch!

HOOD! JOB! To be honest, I have been half scared to watch thinking Rabbit was going to do something to Hood, Carrie, Job and......ack, I can't think of the bartenders name...hhmm....is there a Banshee community page around here? I have never joined any kind of community but fell instantly in love with the reviews and posters here! I have mini crushes on you all....;-)

Just saying you all either have me laughing, crying, screaming at the television and or computer and spending countless hours muttering to myself and arguing, ehem, debating with about every post in here....
Flag
Sorry, just remember:

Don't forget the 'Sugar'.
Flag
OK I tried to be completely vague but just one thing I HAVE to tease, Job fully costumed in a night club belting out Sylvester's 1978 disco classic 'You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)'.
Flag
I recognized "Job" pretty quickly, yes. ;)
In the scene where he killed the first agent.
Flag
I saw it was Job immediately and was super excited! So sad he couldn't stick around.....
Flag
Follow this Show
Members