A The Blacklist Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on NBC (Returning September 22, 2016)
So we're getting towards the end of the "First four" that many TV critics judge the new shows by. And I have to say, I think I'll be sticking around for The Blacklist.

I can't quite pinpoint just WHAT makes it so interesting to me, since I'm regularly rolling my eyes because of plot-holes, strange plot devices, overacting and other "no-no's" - but it is. Interesting, that is.
They've managed to walk a fine line between suspense and annoyance with the Daddy-plot and the Hubby-plot, and that's not bad - Keen is actually behaving moderately logically in both, in my opinion; as soon as she discarded the idea of bringing in or confronting her husband, she started digging (and I liked the scene where she got the bullet, nicely done!), and as far as Reddington goes, she's trying to dig more out of him the only way she knows how. The kicker with the ballistics report (CLASSIFIED!) and what it means ("This goes all the way to the Secretary of Defence!") was a good hook for whatever hubby-plot will follow next.

I'm becoming more and more certain that Red is NOT Keen's father, but that there is a connection between them nevertheless, and my interest in Red's origin is escalating too. Apparently, the history between him and Keen Sr. is too complicated to just put out there, but it's clearly an emotional minefield of some sort; he seems to feel Keen is someone really important to him personally, and when the chips were down during this weeks' case, he stepped between her and an aimed gun, and didn't hesitate to kill when she was at risk. Yes, his own safety was tied to hers, but I got the impression he was more concerned for HER safety than his own.
Popular theories now: Red is her uncle, Keens father was the one who turned Red to the Dark Side, Keen's father accidentally pulled Red into a life of crime (by accidentally framing him for selling national secrets?), Red killed Keens' father - these are but a few.

Favourite moments: Red spinning a story about how he acquired his DARPA-chip - "taken hostage by Somalian pirates [...] but the third week was quite pleasant...". :D
Keen getting a bullet from the gun she found in her hubby's stash - clever girl!
Sneaky guys installing sneaky surveillance stuff in Keen's home - and sneaking around to avoid discovery like a game of hide-and-seek, cartoon-style.
Red stepping in front of Keen when she was being threatened with a gun - survival or protective instinct?
Comments (17)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I read someone where already that a future episode is dedicated to her father which is someone who is close to Red
Flag
X-Files had the Man with the cigarette, they have the Man with the apple :D!!
Flag
I was following nicely through 1 & 2 and being entertained.
#3 challenged my entertainment meter with that endless hole-in-the- ground plunge for a meet with Wuwhuzit . I don't require reality - hey we're watching TV here,but give me a hint of believability. Notice how getting out of that hole was much easier than going down?

Agree with others the FBI agent is too hyper. My friend Agent was pure reserved authority, with a gun.
Flag
I do hope he's not her father, it's too easy. I'd prefer something like: daddy dies protecting and saving him, he takes care of the daughter...
Flag
I'm really liking this show I now don't think the connection between Redford and Liz is that he is her father but their is defiantly something looking forward to finding out
Flag
I was so sure he is her father but in the end maybe he is not and the connection is probably something else. But I do feel that the story is very interesting and I'll be watching and hoping they will renew it for second season. I already love the characters...
Flag
I think I'll stick around too. The action is weak but all of the secrets have me curious. But mostly I want to know who on the writing staff is a Wu-Tang Clan fan. Somebody must be a fan, that's what I kept thinking every time somebody said Wujing or Wujang or whatever the right name is.
Flag
I'm only staying as casual viewer, but the season finale has my undivided attention.
Flag
I like the Red killed Keend father idea! It would explain why he just disappeared.
Flag
I tend to project Keen on Reddington, and there's no way I could picture Elizabeth doing something quite like Reddington is doing for her for any of her colleagues's daughters - or sons - whether is Ressler or Cooper.

Makes me think Keen is indeed Reddington's daughter.
Flag
I cant stand the male agent - too rigid and impatient...and just annoying
Red and Keens had a good chemistry this week - the part in the hat shop made me smile.
I have never believed Keen is Reds daughter - i just find that to be lazy thinking.
I think her husband is CIA but i wonder who the guys spying on them are
Flag
I am co-opting this idea from someone, but someone thought of this idea, that Liz's father is on Red's blacklist (he likely would have been a former partner or something) but I am not convinced he has some sort of paternal connection to her (maybe even as bait). I am wondering about the guy with the apples. Since the apples were focused on, they must be important for his identity. But, I guess it depends on who they are spying on, Tom or Liz. And why. But, I guess I am thinking that he is but either Liz or the FBI will find out and the other won't know (I might think it is interesting if the FBI knows and as part of his deal, Liz can't find out and if she does, he is gone).
Flag
i was thinking the guys spying on them worked for Red - apple guy reminded me of his associate in the first episode
Flag
Follow this Show
Members