A The Blacklist Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on NBC
As I re-watched "The Courier" in my efforts to weather The Blacklist hiatus, I realized that I had missed an interesting clue about Liz's past. I'd already noted that Red's conversation with Newton revealed that Liz is somehow connected to Red's plan for the Adversary. What I missed was that Red did not always know EVERYTHING about Liz value to the Adversary. He tells Newton, "Things are more complicated than we ever could have imagined." This implies Red only recently learned something regarding the Adversary and Liz that "complicates" things. What has Red learned about Liz and the Adversary that "complicates" things?

1) The Liz's biological relationship with the Adversary.

Red obviously knew Liz as a child, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knew who her family was. If Red's wife hid her past from him, he could still be Liz's biological father and not have been aware that Liz had a criminal grandfather/grandmother/uncle/aunt.

If Red adopted her, Liz's true parentage might have been a mystery to him. He could have been given the baby a la Heroes' Noah Bennett, without any explanation. He could have come across Liz on a mission, left behind by the criminals he had been tracking, and not known who the child belonged to.

2) The Adversary wants to recruit Liz into his/her organization.

Red could have been aware of Liz's connection to the Adversary, but not known until recently that he/she had any plans to reconnect with her. Perhaps when he made Tom as a spy he realized that Liz had enough value to Adversary that she was being assigned a guard/watcher.

poll

poll
Comments (26)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I really enjoy this show, but I try to live the moment, and thus, for the most part, I try and avoid speculations.. The best shows of this genre typically make you guess wrong and the truth is actually pretty ingenious. This show does have many layers and its well crafted, and I'm not going to even try and predict where it leads, I'll just enjoyed the ride! :)
Flag
I'm not bored with Blacklist, but they are really pushing my limits on how much I can stomach Tom and Liz still being together even after she found his stash box of ID's, money, and weapons. She is more than smart enough to realize there is something up with Tom that he simply isn't revealing to her.
Flag
I'm sick of their relationships as it stands now AKA Tom being passive aggressive, and skulking around with "Jolene". On the other hand once Tom reveals himself to the spy we all know he is, I have a strong feeling I'm going to LOVE this relationship. I've always had a thing for the spy who falls for his target. I would love it if Tom is revealed to be a spy, but switches sides out of loyalty to Liz and starts working for Red.
Flag
lol you are right, that would be pretty cool indeed!
Flag
Come ON, guys - all three other messages on here are SPAM!! Get rid of them - seriously! on topic, I've got bored with The blacklist now - it's stringing the whole who is bad/who is good out too long.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members