A The Blacklist Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on NBC (Returning April 20, 2017)
Ok, so we've had our "more questions than answers" mid-season finale, which really only handed us a lot of vague clues and possible lies and let us continue to spin our crazy theories.

But what seems to be fairly certain is that Red is currently in the wind, and the whole taskforce will be devoted to hunting him down (kind of like the old days for him).

The boxes in Lizzie's sitting room first made me think she was actually packing up to move with Tom (which would be a BAD IDEA, and also crazy), but the bunny rabbit makes me think she might only be sorting through old stuff and old memories because something prompted her question to Red ("Are you my father?"). I'm going with that version.

- What will happen as we segue into the next half of the season?
- Will they devote an episode (or more) to hunting down Red?
- Will something happen to Liz, prompting Red to come running back?
- Does Red just need a little time to put himself back together, and make sure Crowley's posse isn't on his back for the time being - or is he thinking of dropping his Black List-project to stay off the radar?
- Will Liz do the smart thing and TEST Red's DNA?!?
- Will they flush out the mole, or will that remain a potent threat throughout the season?

Where do YOU think they'll go?
Comments (33)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I find it hard to believe that the reveal that Ressler's dedication to catching Red the first time is what ended his relationship, Red being in the wind and Ressler's ex showing up at his bedside is all just a coincidence. And it seems like too much work with not enough of a reveal to be a one episode conclusion, so I'm seeing Red being on the run extend for multiple episodes. Personally, I'm okay with him being "gone" for the remainder of the season and returning in the finale only if/when Liz really needs his help or when he's discovered who the mole is. I worry about the rest of the cast being able to carry their weight without Red, but seeing Red in his natural element full time while keeping tabs on Liz is a prospect too good to pass up.

As for Liz, while she's proven to be a pretty good field agent, she hasn't figured out anything on the home front on her own. Break in cleanup, tips from Red and following clues on Red related cases is the only reason she has any questions about Tom. It would be nice to see her spend a little time and figure some things out on her own.

I also don't think she does any DNA testing because I don't think, at this point, she really wants to know if Red's her father and only asked because she kinda had to.

Just my 2 cents
More+
Flag
i still want red to be related to liz, i know everyone was just guessing saying its obvious, the writers might choose to go in another direction but i will still watch even if they choose the obvious route, even if she is his grand-daughter in good......i really look forward to seeing it n if they end up being related how the writers will explain not matching their DNA being as they both been screened before joining the FBI, unless red hacked in somehow n corrupted his records or hers?
Flag
I need some help I dont know if I fell asleep or it went over my head...I thought Liz found the mole when she picked up the phone and hit dial I thought Crowlys name came up on id...? Anyone?
Flag
If you're referring to when she called Assistant Director Cooper from the surveillance house, then sorry - it was HER phone, and she had him on speed dial (naturally enough).
I had to rewatch it, because I wondered the same thing at the time - but she had her jacket in her hand when the mystery man attacked her from behind, and she used it to take him down. She then leaned down and pulled it off him, dug the phone out of the pocket and dialed Cooper, before she changed her mind and called "Mr. Caplan" instead.

It LOOKS like she pulls the phone off the dead guy because he has her jacket around his neck - but it is, in fact, HER phone. (Also, if they WERE part of a secret operation working with Cooper as a mole, I don't think they'd have his number in their phones as "DA Cooper". ;)
Flag
That makes sense Thank you for explaining that...I dont know if it is my set or if everyone has same,but I notice watching this show 90% of it is done in a very dim setting...I guess it is done to enhance the appeal (?) but it makes for some hard watching
Flag
The idea of having Liz away for a while is good, but I think it's a bit early in the show to have her being shut out from the task force; they din't trust her completely from the beginning, so after the last things that happened, why send her away now? Did she give them a solid reason to seriously consider her as the mole (more than anybody else)? Also, if top priority is to get Red back, they should think that chances for catching him are better with her than without...

I also hope she's not so dumb as to run off with Tom now, like immediately after she got a warning to be careful about him! Up till now, she saw that Red tried to keep her from harm – even if she doesn't know why – so she should take that warning seriously....
Flag
I like jennifermitch5's idea...I don't see why the government or the taskforce would want or trust Liz on the team anymore and plus without Red, they don't need her. But, she and Aram did provide the avenue for rescue of the taskforce, so a backwoods assignment to a behavioral science division might make total sense. I actually wouldn't be terribly surprised if they assigned Ressler there too, after all, he did give Red the code. So, the FBI wants to keep them together to keep an eye on them and especially since it would seem if Red reaches out again, that would be a good location. If it is Nebraska, I might suggest that gives us another clue to Tom...I can see they might send her to Texas or Michigan or even back to L.A.

I actually seem Dembe actually reaching out to Liz before Red comes back in the picture because Red seems totally in the wind which might leave Dembe at a loss.

Meanwhile, Liz is keeping updated on the find Red mission through our new favorite FBI agent Aram, but he is obviously doing it covertly. And I wouldn't be terribly surprised to find that he is the one Red gets back in contact with saying something to the effect that because Liz trusts him, he will trust him. We know, however, that Aram is being watched.
More+
Flag
I think the season will pick up six months with Liz having moved back to Nebraska with Tom and she'll get drawn into an old case she worked, the serial killer (this is mentioned on NBC.com). I think the case will take her back to DC. Red will finally locate the mole (Meera) and convince her to be a double agent for him. With that taken care of he will return to the FBI and reinstate his deal.
Flag
It'll be great if they don't 'reunite' Red with Liz/the FBI immediately. We'll only be at episode 11 when we come back in Jan 2014, so I hope they'll take their time bringing Red back into the fold and not resume the procedural blacklister-of-the-week so soon. So yes, an episode or more of hunting Red.

Testing Red's DNA... lol, shouldn't the FBI already have done that? They've had lots of opportunities to collect his DNA when they stick things in his neck. Oh wait. Add that to the list of things they should have done but didn't :p

The mole storyline.. I hope they do something unexpected with that, and not just make the mole from one of the expendable cast.

And for goodness sakes, I hope they improve and actually develop on Tom's storyline and character. I was awed with the reveal of the box from the pilot episode - so much potential! - but that particular plotline been wasted so far. Him whining every week about Liz's job is not the best use of his character.
Flag
Answering your bullets at the end:
1 and 2) I think they might devote a 3-episode arc to dealing with the fallout of the mid-finale. 3 episodes are airing in January, and there are also 13 episodes on the original Season 1 order (before it was given a back 9). Without Red I can't see the blacklist procedural elements really working, unless they decide to bring him back really quickly and then go procedural again, which would be VERY disappointing.

My guess is that there is at least an episode directly related to the fallout from 9 & 10, but I'm going to bet that there will be 3 episodes dedicated to the main plot.

3) If they go the "bring Red back in 1 episode" route, then yes. Something will happen to her that brings him back and continues procedural elements. If they take the route of having a 3-episode arc, I think the FBI will search for Red and it will be the other way around.

4) Since the show itself is called The Blacklist, I think Red will be back business-as-usual within a few episodes.

5) Hope so.

6) I think the mole will remain a threat for the rest of the season, with a big reveal at the end of it and then a 24-style "mole escapes and becomes a vilan throughout the series."

More+
Flag
Hmmm, maybe they'll keep Red out of the picture physically, but have him get in touch with Lizzie when the situation calls for it?
And there'll be the added tension of her being in contact with him without necessarily reporting EVERYTHING to the FBI - wanna bet she's going to go after the mole "on her own" (maybe with Aram as her quirky sidekick?) with Red as her "phone a friend"-contact?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members