We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Blacklist Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Who thinks that Reddington is her father?

Do you think that Red is Lizzie's father?

MisterKez

[1]Oct 3, 2013
    • level: 4

The way that he followed her career and knows details about her past, seems to suggest that he is her father. Red told her that everything she knew about herself was a lie. He has too much of a special interest in Keen not to have some suggestion. There were several allusions to the possibility that he is her father, but they could also be red herrings. Vote in the poll.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZekkJedi

[2]Oct 3, 2013
    • level: 8

Yeah the 1st ep practically put up a neon sign w/an arrow to Red for the audience saying: "her biological father?"->

Might be red herring, but if so it's a rather dumb one, and it provides far more interesting story potential if he is

fujin_mage

[3]Oct 6, 2013
    • level: 7

So what it he is.

Tv shows who overdo originality and "hype" suck ass anyway

so what if red is her father im fine with that, in fact it makes more sense story wise anyways.

michalisthiou

[4]Oct 6, 2013
    • level: 5

i think its way too obvious to be the case

i think it will end up being that he was a friend of her fathers and that he promised him to take her of his daughter, something like that. and probably will reveal to her something shocking about her father and/or family, maybe that the system she has sworn to serve had something to do with their misfortunes/deaths

wwoo, its fun guessing whats gonna happen

sinnigcmmit

[5]Oct 8, 2013
    • level: 1
    I want to think that, but it's too obvious. He receives the paper with what looks like her birthday on it, which would mean he didn't know when she was born. So it's possible that there is a deeper story about the mother and how they met etc...that's possible.

dreambite

[6]Oct 8, 2013
    • level: 12

I'm leaning more towards Reddington being her father but yes that could be a red herring. Perhaps Reddington is using Lizzie to find her father for some reason?

blueskittle

[7]Oct 15, 2013
    • level: 10

I lean more to him being her father especially after tonight's episode, but I think the show has too much going on. Who is her husband really and all the questions that go along with that.Why/who is watching her in her home now and those ton of questions. Agree if Red isn't her father than he could be using her to find her dad. Why doesn't Red know people are watching her 24/7 at home or is he doing it. Just think its too many questions right now.

tryptz

[8]Oct 15, 2013
    • level: 14

I for one don't think Reddington is her father. I think the FBI would most certainly have ruled that out with the battery of tests they subjected him to at the beginning. Real easy.

Am not sure what she is to him but its certainly an emotional tie.

Smashing show by the way.

bluejen

[9]Oct 17, 2013

Do you mean the 042983? I read on another forum that the date is the birthday of the REAL actress. That forum got to me, they are totally hung up on the fact that she's wearing a wig - I guess she really has short hair. We never even noticed and don't care. I also think she's a much better actress than this other bunch is giving her credit for.

Ha, James Spader is so darn good that hardly anyone can hold a candle to him anyway, imo. I really look forward to the show - I'm not much of a TV watcher, but anything with him in it is worth checking out. I still miss Boston Legal.

We DVR The Blacklist so we don't have to listen/mute the commercials. Side note: It seems that there used to be a minute or two of commercials during a break, now it must be 4 or 5!

Swinglabacase

[11]Oct 30, 2013
    • level: 7

I voted "yes" but now you made me doubt... Even if she last saw her father at 14 she would have recognize him: it's not like someone who would have seen him last at the age of 2. People don't change that much in 10 years. And if the writers wanted him to be the father they messed it up in the pilot with that story line. Unless they're aiming at "some severe plastic surgery" as an explanation... I don't see how they're gonna pull it off while remaining plausible.

yonatan

[12]Nov 4, 2013

Red could be the father, but I'm not certain that he is; his actions seems to suggest some kind of familial bond.

If we accept 04-29-83 as Lizzie's birthday Red could be the father.

In 1990 he disappears, at this time Lizzie would be 7 years old.

He reappears 4 years later selling secrets and continues doing so for 20 years. That would make Lizzie 31.

Now you would think that a 7 year old would remember someone who lived with them, who they spent significant time around while they were growing up, even if it was just the first 7 years of life. But who knows what the circumstances were. I'm of the mind that Red is her uncle and that the reasons he disappeared and the men watching Lizzie are all connected. I'm thinking the men watching are or are associated with 'The Adversary' Red's associate mentioned in the episode titled "The Courier".

The statement Red made in the first episode, "If anyone can give me a second chance it's you."; just screams "Lizzie I am your father". It could be that Red and her mother never married, maybe it was just a fling, perhaps he didn't know her mother became pregnant from their affair; there are several possibilities at this point. In some ways it would kinda be cliche but as long as it's written right i don't mind.

pascalbajoo

[13]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 4

It seems obvious , he's always there for her even with Tom episode which is confusing, but if it is not the case this will be very weird.

hockey9927

[14]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 22

SPOILER**** If you haven't seen "General Ludd"

I initially thought that Red being Keens father was a miss direct and I am still not sure. But with episode 108 revealing that she was adopted at 4 and her father wanting to tell her a secret that Red killed him to keep secret definitely brings up the possibility again that they are related. Although the #042983 he typed into VICAP brought up the picture of a girl who I think is Red's daughter. My guess would be Red knew Keens parents or had a hand in what happened to them.

DenisBourgoin

[15]Nov 17, 2013
    • level: 3

Reddington is Liz's mother. Sex change to hide identity and plastic surgery. Deal with Sam was to keep Liz safe.

DenisBourgoin

[16]Nov 17, 2013
    • level: 3
    The vicar file was a pic of lizS mother before changing identiy or related to the victim stew master had in his album that redding took out.

freddieme

[19]Dec 1, 2013

Maybe I've watched too many of these shows, but wouldn't it be standard to have Lizzie's DNA on record, as a member of the FBI and wouldn't the first move once Red was in custody to take his DNA, if they didn't already have it. Given according to all those other Crime Scene type shows, you can match DNA to not only direct relatives, father, mother etc, but also brother, sisters, aunts and uncles, if there is a link, the FBI should be aware of it.

So I would be very disappointed in this show if there was a genetic relationship between Red and Lizzie. I know we suspend disbelief an awful lot as far as plotting for some shows goes, but this would be one step too far.

Re1ik

[20]Dec 1, 2013
    Freddie,
    There's a problem with your theory. You are correct about the standard policies of taking DNA though. The problem is that somebody must "know" to test it with relatives. They have no reason at this point to test Red for paternity reasons. They have to have "reasons" for this kind of testing and none are present at this time. I can see it dawning on Keen to run a paternity test at some point in the show....but I will leave the rest to my theories. Unless things have changed...you have to run comparative testing. DNA databases don't keep paternity matching criteria. For those above who think Red killed Keen's "adoptive father" sam....he didn't kill him. Sure..it looked like it but it was a merciless one. He was going to die and the nearer to death you get, the more vulnerable you can be. What you didn't see was conversation between Sam and Reed that transpired while the show was on commercial break. This was left to our imagination for now. Sam let Red kill him and Red didn't want to. This was the first time in the show you ever saw Red get emotional. He even cried (just a little) in case you missed it. Lastly, Sam wanted to tell Keen the truth but him and Red knew he couldn't. So Sam wants to say his goodbyes to Keen so Red lets him. He does tell Keen if you caught. Sam says to Keen, "I have been trying to protect you" rather than "I was trying to protect you". Sam stated it in a fashion that he's been trying to protect her all along and continuing to do so rather than just trying to protect her at his dying moment. This is what's going to cause that dawning moment for Keen to look into her family history. Just wait and see.

waterlady03

[21]Dec 28, 2013
    • level: 6

I doubt it from the start. Liz's birth father could be working for the unknown faction that Fitch may represent. I also think that the unknown Lucy Brooks is in fact Red's daughter and is using Audrey Bidwell as an alias to try and find him.