The Blacklist

No. 64: The Cyprus Agency

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 27, 2014 on NBC

• Sick, Twisted, and yes, Good

The storyline here was among the creepiest I have ever followed. You writers need a med check. Demented man leaves his legacy through a baby farm at the top of a Manhattan hi-rise Nice. That aside, Red and Keen wrapped up a major case, leaving both of them in extraordinary standing with the agency, in spite of Red's egregious methods. Nonetheless, said methods also enable him to help Keen wrap up her messy relationship, and finally move on. This episode resolved a lot of entanglement and I look very much forward to what's ahead.
  • Baby Farm

Red and Keen help bring down a baby farm
  • Wow! Great!

The case was absolutely breathtaking and rather stunning in the sense that it was so wrong. That was so awful - couldn't believe it.

Not too sure what the last scene was all about like the previous reviewer, but the storyline was interesting, and the episode was a very very good one! Lookig forward to more.
  • She Knows What Happened That Night

What night was Diane Fowler talking about when Red shot her?
  • Gives new meaning to body snatchers

Excellent episode. Very well done. I do wish Red would be less "god like" . It would be more believable but then again I guess he wouldn't be red if he wasnt that way. This episode sure was brilliant. :0
  • Hmmm ! Interesting way to make money !

Now here was a novel method of generating income !

Given the huge and very lucrative market for babies to adopt, why not make your own?

Kidnap young women of child bearing age, place them in an induced coma, harvest their eggs, fertilize them with donated sperm then implant them back into the donor.

Let the women go to term and "Hey Presto" money by the cot full, from desperate couples that can't have their own kids.

I almost felt sorry for the bad guys as they were caught because they really did look after their kidnap victims but not really because, as usual, greed and brutality took over when the chips were down.

However, the plot method of identifying the "bad doctor" with information from a drug dealer/manufacturer was, I thought, a shade far fetched but simply because this series has been just so damned good, I was happy to let it slide.

The back stories in this ep were excellent as well, with Keen having second thoughts herself, about adopting, Agent Malik (the fabulous Parminder Nagra and the initial reason I started watching this show) getting information for Red and (happily) surviving his tender mercies, to the very tense finale with Red casually (yet again) blowing away the bad apple.

His casual brutality is epic in it's simplicity "You talk too much, BANG!". Don'cha just love it?

I haven't checked yet to see if there are to be more episodes, this season but I certainly hope there are.

This is American TV at it's best and shows what you guys over there can really do when you get the right people involved.

Can't wait for the next episode.