The Blacklist

No. 64: The Cyprus Agency

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 27, 2014 on NBC

• Hmmm ! Interesting way to make money !

Now here was a novel method of generating income !

Given the huge and very lucrative market for babies to adopt, why not make your own?

Kidnap young women of child bearing age, place them in an induced coma, harvest their eggs, fertilize them with donated sperm then implant them back into the donor.

Let the women go to term and "Hey Presto" money by the cot full, from desperate couples that can't have their own kids.

I almost felt sorry for the bad guys as they were caught because they really did look after their kidnap victims but not really because, as usual, greed and brutality took over when the chips were down.

However, the plot method of identifying the "bad doctor" with information from a drug dealer/manufacturer was, I thought, a shade far fetched but simply because this series has been just so damned good, I was happy to let it slide.

The back stories in this ep were excellent as well, with Keen having second thoughts herself, about adopting, Agent Malik (the fabulous Parminder Nagra and the initial reason I started watching this show) getting information for Red and (happily) surviving his tender mercies, to the very tense finale with Red casually (yet again) blowing away the bad apple.

His casual brutality is epic in it's simplicity "You talk too much, BANG!". Don'cha just love it?

I haven't checked yet to see if there are to be more episodes, this season but I certainly hope there are.

This is American TV at it's best and shows what you guys over there can really do when you get the right people involved.

Can't wait for the next episode.