The Bold and the Beautiful Forums

Weekdays 1:30 PM on CBSIn Season

It's Official: This Show is Disgusting...

viggogirl1

[1]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 5

I mean, it's like watching a show about a couple of rich families that are really into inbreeding. Their family trees don't branch out like normal ones do...they fork up. Can't wait til this show is put out of its misery and I really hope Susan Flannery does leave the show to do something more better with her incomparable talent than waste it on this mess.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Adam_Dicy

[2]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 88
    viggogirl1 wrote:

I mean, it's like watching a show about a couple of rich families that are really into inbreeding. Their family trees don't branch out like normal ones do...they fork up. Can't wait til this show is put out of its misery and I really hope Susan Flannery does leave the show to do something more better with her incomparable talent than waste it on this mess.

This show was really good back in the day like in 1999, and I agree with what you said about the rich families into inbreeding, I mean what the heck is going on, if this show had any means at all they would re-vamp the crappy storyline of Eric's heart attack/coma, Ridge and Brooke going down the aisle yet again, except Steffy and Marcus's relationship I think that could go somewhere.

mickilou62

[3]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 2
    I know the writers have tried to excuse everyone on the show having sex with everyone else by saying it's only an half hour show and they can't afford too many contract players but still, it's gross to see the same man sleeping with various members of the same family or the same women sleeping with every male in the same family. Disgusting too when the man sleeps with the mother and the daughter too. I like this show - very tired of the Forresters vs the Logans - both families have their potential if they could only separate the two of them.

charmed_babe64

[4]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 10
    Nick having sex with the aunt after being intimate mother and daughter was the final straw. I can't take any more!

The_Nobody101

[5]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    lol, incest is the be...yeah it is disgusting, but isn't the incest theme common with all soaps?

charmed_babe64

[6]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    I used to think so but then I started watching the young and the restless and realized that relationships can still work if people aren't related. Who knew?

THEJELLYBEAN66

[7]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 17
    The closer the incestuous relationship, the creepier it is. I'm a little worried about myself because I keep wanting to root for a pairing between Rick/Bridget. I see them together and they just look like such a cute couple and then I have to remind myself..."brother and sister.."

I may be the odd man out here...if I happen to have an ADOPTED brother (or cousin..etc) I feel attracted to, I'm going to make a move. Legally, that's incestuous but actually, it's not. I know there are plenty of people who will say EW...especially if it's an adopted brother, but hey, you only live once and if he doesn't have my family blood in him, he's fair game. B&B takes this to a whole new level...they toe the line big time. I can't explain the relationships to anyone who doesn't watch because I will sound like a candidate for Bellvue. "She is the granddaughter of that guy there..*points to older guy on tv*...but after he married her mother, he was her stepfather...they got divorced and he ended up marrying her mother's sister so for a few months he was also her uncle by marriage..." I don't bother anymore cuz I don't like the looks I get. If they want to know, they'll watch and figure it out themselves...eventually...

winkipop69

[8]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 20
    It is pretty disgusting. But I don't take the show that seriously so it ends up being more amusing.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[9]Nov 22, 2008

Went to New York for a week to visit with friends...and to work a few days at the office. I had no time to watch any of my shows. Upon my return home, I deleted a week of B&B and I started to watch this past week. Besides the new Rick s/l where he's trying to be diabolical (failing), I couldn't stomach the rest. I watched the first few minutes before the first commercials and I deleted the rest.

It sickens me to watch Brooke/Ridge sucking each other's faces...to watch them in bed together...to listen about how it's "destiny"...ugh. I've had enough.

I can't stomach Katie/Nick together. Heather Tom is not a good actress. I loved her as Victoria (Y&R) but watching her as Katie makes my stomach churn.

I can no longer tolerate Jennifer Gareis (I'm sure I've misspelled that) on my TV. The woman is alarmingly UNATTRACTIVE and I'm being nice here. When she turns on the tears (which I've mentioned before, seems to be every freaking episode...) I can't watch for fear her hideous face will bring nightmares.

Thorne makes me ill. No particular reason...I just like the original Thorne better.

I'm only interested in watching Owen (he's hot...gay? no matter..still hot) and Rick. Other than that, I'm just not interested.

With viewership falling and the axing of Marlena/John (DOOL) due to budget cuts, B&B better take notice. Either they fix this show or I'm liable to bail at any given moment. I know my bailing won't make a dent but if there are others out there who feel this show is no longer worth wasting 30 minutes of their lives, then this show will follow "Passions" on the road to soap opera heaven.

Edited on 11/22/2008 7:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Billie3

[10]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 20
    I hear that B&B is huge in Europe, go figure. If the show gets canned here in North America, there's always the European audience. It's still a fairly lucrative market.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[11]Nov 25, 2008
    Billie3 wrote:
    I hear that B&B is huge in Europe, go figure. If the show gets canned here in North America, there's always the European audience. It's still a fairly lucrative market.

I can only conclude they're into corny junk. I mean, is it just me or is this show getting worse? I was OKAY with everything until Donna's black son showed up. The s/l COULD HAVE worked but it was rushed. I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to figuring things out on TV shows. I vegetate when it comes to TV so when the obvious happens and I couldn't have guessed it in a million years, that's good TV for me. So far, I've been able to figure out everything that's going to happen and I just can't stand to watch anymore...
    I've not watched an episode since last week..my DVR tapes it every weekday and I can't bring myself to cancel it; but every day, I just end up deleting it...Maybe today I'll watch some of today's episode...or maybe not.

ez1jb

[12]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 14

Hi, Jellybean. Long time no write. Anyway-I know what u mean about B&B . I checked out when Taylor found out she was preggars w/ Brooke's baby.

That was over a yr ago. Now, I only catch the unfortunate glimpse on "The Soup".

THEJELLYBEAN66

[13]Jan 30, 2009
    ez1jb wrote:

Hi, Jellybean. Long time no write. Anyway-I know what u mean about B&B . I checked out when Taylor found out she was preggars w/ Brooke's baby.

That was over a yr ago. Now, I only catch the unfortunate glimpse on "The Soup".

HEY EZ1!!! Where have you been hiding?? LOL...
    I don't watch regularly anymore. I can get enough from 1 episode a week. As I watch, I can feel my brain cells slowly dying. There's really no point in watching...I can't even say I actually "watch" it's more like I listen as I do something else.

pashotshot

[14]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 15
    Although the show should've stuck to their old intros/outros, the show isn't too bad.

janetfoster1106

[15]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 1

This show should not have won best soap. I watch it every day and it gets more stupid... It is not realistic.. Brook is in a plane one minute while Ridge is on the beach then SUDDENLY the plane turns around and she pulls up in a car on the beach.

This is an insult to Guiding Light....