TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Bold and the Beautiful Forums

Weekdays 1:30 PM on CBSIn Season

The new Rick Forrester...

THEJELLYBEAN66

[1]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 17

I don't know what to make of Rick Forrester.  I wasn't watching when he was last in Los Angeles actually living there.  Last time I actually saw him, he was a child.  I think I like him.  He's a smart guy (it seems) because he's got Stephanie's number and he's wary of Ridge.  I'm uncertain though where his allegiance lies...I was almost certain he's on Nick's side because of his actions and comments to him when he went to visit him (first) plus the talk he had with his mother (which Ridge was eavesdropping in).  Then he went to Forrester Originals and let Ridge know that Nick won't back down..that if pushed, he will push back.  It was almost as if he was warning Ridge (and the other Forresters) to watch out.  I think (and hope) he's on Nick's side and goes to work for him (this would piss off the Forresters to no end).

BTW...is there any way we can get Mr. Bell to stop having Ridge call Nick "Popeye Marone"?  If he can't, can we call Ridge "Triangle Head"?  If Ron Moss' cheeks sink any further, his face will totally cave in. 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Billie3

[2]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 20
    THEJELLYBEAN66 wrote:

I don't know what to make of Rick Forrester.  I wasn't watching when he was last in Los Angeles actually living there.  Last time I actually saw him, he was a child.  I think I like him.  He's a smart guy (it seems) because he's got Stephanie's number and he's wary of Ridge.  I'm uncertain though where his allegiance lies...I was almost certain he's on Nick's side because of his actions and comments to him when he went to visit him (first) plus the talk he had with his mother (which Ridge was eavesdropping in).  Then he went to Forrester Originals and let Ridge know that Nick won't back down..that if pushed, he will push back.  It was almost as if he was warning Ridge (and the other Forresters) to watch out.  I think (and hope) he's on Nick's side and goes to work for him (this would piss off the Forresters to no end).

BTW...is there any way we can get Mr. Bell to stop having Ridge call Nick "Popeye Marone"?  If he can't, can we call Ridge "Triangle Head"?  If Ron Moss' cheeks sink any further, his face will totally cave in. 

He's quite lovely to look at...very nice.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[3]Jan 28, 2007

Yes...he certainly is.

ayumidah

[4]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 10
    I like him but am I alone in thinking they're going to try to do Bridget/Ridge part dos and pair him and Phoebe together? Especially after all their "We're not related!" rehashing today. Eek.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[5]Jan 31, 2007

ayumidah wrote:
    I like him but am I alone in thinking they're going to try to do Bridget/Ridge part dos and pair him and Phoebe together? Especially after all their "We're not related!" rehashing today. Eek.

LOL...I read about them possibly getting together. I thought there had to be something nasty in there somewhere but after reviewing the parentage and all, I see Rick and Phoebe were and will be again, related only by marriage and not by blood (what a relief!) I don't like them together though. She's come across as a bit of a dee dee dee to me and Rick is so grounded. In fact, if he weren't Brooke's kid, I'd think he was there to get with her! LOL!

Brad Bell should definitely have kept Harry around for Phoebe cuz he seemed like a dim bulb.

I like Shane with Bridget and I thought they were going to do that when he was staying with her but what happened to him? I think Rick needs to be single until they write in a character for him. I don't like the way the same people are trading partners back and forth over and over again without incorporating a new character here and there. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of the song "I'm my own grandpaw". It reminds me of B&B characters...

Many, many years ago when I was twenty-three
    I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be.
    This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
    My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life
    For my daughter was my mother, 'cause she was my father's wife.
    To complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy,
    I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad
    And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad
    For if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
    To the widow's grown-up daughter, who of course, was my step-mother.

My father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run
    And he became my grand-child, 'cause he was my daughter's son.
    My wife is now my mother's mother, and it makes me blue
    Because, although she is my wife, she's my grandmother too.

If my wife is my grandmother, then I am her grandchild,
    And every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild
    For now I have become the strangest case you ever saw.
    As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpaw!

reecee

[6]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 9
    I'm a big Kyle Lowder fan and I think he's the best Rick since Jacob Young, Justin T bored me once they broke him and Amber up

Milks23

[7]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 50
    I'll be the odd ball....I don't like him.

1st he wants Ridge with his mom...then he doesn't

THEJELLYBEAN66

[8]Feb 8, 2007
    I'm not liking the possibility of a Phoebe/Rick storyline. Rick looks like a mature guy and Phoebe looks like a kid. Besides, I don't really like Phoebe (the actress and the way she's being written for), she's not a good actress...she looks like her shoulders are permanently shrugged for some reason and she's always crossing her arms...someone should coach her on her acting a bit. Anyway, I don't like how they are writing for her. She seems to be a bit of a dolt at times. Shane is also wrong for her; they should bring back Harry 'cause even though he's a little older than Phoebe, he looks young enough to be involved with her.

DE1979

[9]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    Hey Jelly can you tell me what happened between Ric and Amber!! Iloved them together!

THEJELLYBEAN66

[10]Feb 9, 2007

DE1979 wrote:
    Hey Jelly can you tell me what happened between Ric and Amber!! Iloved them together!

Here's the link that can explain it better than I can since I wasn't watching at that time...
    http://www.soapcentral.com/bb/whoswho/rick.php

Milks23

[11]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 50
    The whole Phoebe/Rick storyline takes me back to when he had his fling with Catilin

THEJELLYBEAN66

[12]Feb 11, 2007
    Milks23 wrote:
    The whole Phoebe/Rick storyline takes me back to when he had his fling with Catilin

*hangs head in shame*...I wasn't watching then...*pouts*

TVTome_Sudser

[13]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 62
    THEJELLYBEAN66 wrote:

*hangs head in shame*...I wasn't watching then...*pouts*

That's a good thing. Rick and Caitlin were (and, granted, this may just be my opinion) about as thrilling as watching paint dry. Of course, Caitlin was almost as exciting a character as Kimberly Fairchild way back when. To be honest, last coupling I actually liked Rick in was with Amber, and that was early on in their relationship even. I'm not even sure I liked him with Amber when I reflect back on it. Rick just has this quality that doesn't mesh well with any other female character he's been paired with.

He pretty much has to hook up with Phoebe though. She is the only character under the age of 40 he's not blood related to. (Although I feel it necessary to point out that he is related to her in a legal sense, since Ridge's legal father on record is Eric, not Massimo.) It's too bad Donna and Brooke are sisters -- I was thinking that Donna and Rick could have hooked up.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[14]Mar 25, 2007
    TVTome_Sudser wrote:
    It's too bad Donna and Brooke are sisters -- I was thinking that Donna and Rick could have hooked up.

THAT would definitely make a juicy storyline...sleeping with Auntie? I would enjoy that. It's dangerous and more taboo than being with Phoebe. True, he and Phoebe are legally related but with Auntie Donna, there's real blood involved. Plus what boy out there has never had an aunt (or cousin) whom they were attracted to at some point in their lives?
    This scenario gets my vote.

indiesoapfan

[15]Mar 26, 2007
    It's gross and very B&B and Guiding Light did it with Jonathan and Tammy, they were blood related on thier maternal side. Their mothers were sisters.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[16]Mar 26, 2007
    indiesoapfan wrote:
    It's gross and very B&B and Guiding Light did it with Jonathan and Tammy, they were blood related on thier maternal side. Their mothers were sisters.

I'll give you a little ew but it still gets my vote.

indiesoapfan

[17]Mar 26, 2007
    I think the Rick and Pheobe pairing is actually akin to say Thomas finds out he was swithced at birth and not biologically Ridge and Taylors. So Thomas goes whoa cool i always thought Taylor was hot and they start dating. Even though she raised him and it's beyond grosss, but by B&B logic there not blood related so it's acceptable.

Ridge was a Forrestor for 16 of the shows 20 years and a Marone for 4 or 5. So Phoebe one day having the hots for an uncle who she grew up calling unlce Rick, tacky.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[18]Mar 27, 2007

indiesoapfan wrote:
    I think the Rick and Pheobe pairing is actually akin to say Thomas finds out he was swithced at birth and not biologically Ridge and Taylors. So Thomas goes whoa cool i always thought Taylor was hot and they start dating. Even though she raised him and it's beyond grosss, but by B&B logic there not blood related so it's acceptable.

Okay, now THAT is gross cuz Thomas is just a kid (in his 20's?) and Taylor is like 45??? I mean, kudos to Taylor for snagging the kid but thumbs down for Thomas.

indiesoapfan wrote:
    Ridge was a Forrestor for 16 of the shows 20 years and a Marone for 4 or 5. So Phoebe one day having the hots for an uncle who she grew up calling unlce Rick, tacky.

I get what you're saying about the Ew factor in the Rick/Donna scenario but I'm freaky like that so...I personally would enjoy it. As for it being tacky, (the scenario above) where else would it be a great storyline but on a soap???!!! There's no line they won't cross, at least not on B&B as all characters seem to be related one way or another. Those family trees are quite messed up.

Edited on 03/27/2007 9:14pm

indiesoapfan

[19]Mar 27, 2007
    Oh that's why we watch the Jerry Springer of soaps that is the B&B. It gives familial relationships a whole new conotation.
    Edited on 03/27/2007 10:17pm

THEJELLYBEAN66

[20]Mar 28, 2007
    I don't think I'll ever be surprised at any of the pairings on B&B. There are a handful of main characters and there are just so many combinations you can make with them. After a while you've seen them all and they just repeat again. What B&B needs (other than another 1/2 hour) is a new family to give the Forresters a run for their money. I think that the "rivalry" between Forrester and Spectra was great. Now it's just Forrester 1 and Forrester 2 (Creations and Originals respectively) There is no fashion storyline for Nick. As far as I'm concerned, nobody works at Forrester Creations. It seems as if Donna has spent the week sitting at "Insomnia" talking to Phoebe first about fighting for her right to be with Rick or she's meeting Jackie there to talk...when she's not meeting Jackie, she's on the phone with Jackie...has Donna left Insomnia yet???