The Book of Daniel Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Book of Daniels dvd

shatia09

[1]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    The Book of Daniel dvd came out today but only give 8 shows.  Do anyone knows if they will finish it up on dvd.  These religions nuts can mess up anything it's only a tv show.  Please we have bigger problems in the world to worry about. The 8 i saw today was great, could not stop watching it saw them all
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cml898

[2]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 2
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the episodes that are on the DVD are all that were ever filmed before the series was cancelled, including 4 that never aired.  They're all on the DVD, hence it saying "The Complete Series."

kammbackspirit

[3]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 4

Hello --

My DVD arrived yesterday morning, and I'm really happy to have it.  The eight episodes contained on two discs do, indeed, constitute pretty much everything that was committed to film/tape, and (also much as I'd feared) do not include any commentary tracks or other 'background information' on the program, cast, or production.  There are 'deleted scenes' for a majority of the episodes, but that's about it.

Nine months after the show aired, it seems (at least to me) difficult to substantiate all the hub-bub that swirled around the show:  the quality that imbues the writing and acting is (again, at least to me) far beyond the typical drivel being foisted-off on us viewers by most of the broadcasters.  NBC fell on its face several times last season, and'll probably do so again, but why they couldn't've encouraged someone else to pick this one up always will mystify me (it was filmed/taped at Buttercup Studios, home of "The Sopranos" so HBO could've done something without excess expense, it'd seem).

Thanks.

Paul!

kammbackspirit

[4]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    Hello, again:

...and sorry about the error. 'Buttercup Studios' should've been Silvercup Studios.

Spend a bunch of time with the seventh episode ("God's Will")--I think it's the best of the show.

Thanks.

Paul!

martymcflyjb

[5]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 10
    This show was so good!! I just finished watching the episodes I hadn't seen yet on DVD. I am so sad that it didn't get picked up by someone. The episode "God's Will" was especially good. What kills me is that there's absolutely NO closure. At least with Wonderfalls (another show that was cancelled way too soon) came to decent closure after it's thirteen episodes.

NavyStore

[6]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 5
    I just added the DVD collection to my Blockbuster list. I saw the 4 aired shows and only got 2 of the others from via file-sharing. This was a good show and got cut way to early! Same thing happened with Invasion, Surface & Studio 60...