The Book of Daniel Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

The real reason NBC is pulling the plug on "Daniel"...

Tokimasa

[1]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    NBC is claiming low ratings. Well, no ****. Take a look at other shows in the same time slot. Friday nights at 10. Wanna know what else is on? NUMB3RS (one of the highest rated shows on TV), Fear Factor, Monk (one of USA Network's shining stars and a damn good show), and Battlestar Galactica (the conclusion of SciFi Channel's SciFi Friday and another top rated shows).

Out of all of these shows that also air on Friday night in the 10 to 11 PM time slot, each and every show is shown to the entire nation. Only two of them are cable/satellite shows. On the other hand, "Daniel" isn't shown over the entire nation - some NBC stations pulled the plug before it even began because some people were "upset" by the content BEFORE THEY EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THE SHOW!

So, how moronic is that? NBC is pulling the plug on a show with great potential simply because NBC stations across the country refused to air it to allow it to be seen by people who want to see it.

And, to close - I would like to say that I am a Roman Catholic. My entire family is some form of Christian or another, pretty much. No one has any objections to this show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Knavehart

[2]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 12
    the show was pulled from two small markets inthe midwest and south, indiana, and arkansas if i remember correctly

the ratings are low because viewers are not there

which is sad, cause its a great show, sometimes a little over the top, but i love the premiss

i actually thought that this was going to be a closed series of 8hours (ala revelations last year) i just wish they could finish that original season

poulters

[3]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 18
    This seems to be the season for 1 and 2 episodes then cancell. The only thing I watched on Friday was Ghost Whisper since they canned Threshold now book of daniel.
    I really liked this show, I am tired of watching a series for up to 3 episodes liking it and finding out its cancelled. How can we let our voice be heard at the t.v. stations doing this.????

Tokimasa

[4]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    Yeah, same here with Threshold. Friday nights only have three shows I watch now - Monk, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis.

pisceandreams

[5]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 40
    This sucks! I was just getting into it! NBC has no balls whatsoever!

kopeckee

[6]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 20
    I liked it and could not wait to see what happen next week. i thought it was funny. i like everything about it, the cast , the probelms everyone got into ...... 4 SHOWS and its GONE..

cinnarose

[7]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 9
    Look for the remaining episodes to show up online for download, eventually. This is why I don't watch anything but Lost in real time. I don't want to give the networks the satisfaction of making me watch commercials!

JJBurns84_basic

[8]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 8
    Knavehart wrote:
    the show was pulled from two small markets inthe midwest and south, indiana, and arkansas if i remember correctly

the ratings are low because viewers are not there

which is sad, cause its a great show, sometimes a little over the top, but i love the premiss

i actually thought that this was going to be a closed series of 8hours (ala revelations last year) i just wish they could finish that original season

Yes, plus Little Rock's WB decided to play Book of Daniel in place of NBC.

FanWriter

[9]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 7
    Because of the protests it was getting, alot of advertisers refused to air commercials during the show. Which if you noticed, alot of times during the series, they'd show more NBC related advertisements and very little commercials.

marvelfan89

[10]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 39
    Too bad