The Book of Daniel Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

The show book of Daniel

eaglesnest1933

[1]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 1
    I watched the show last night and thought it to be one of the best shows to come along in a long while. How true to life this show is. For all those stuck up religious people who are offended....well dont watch it..thats the great wonder of a remote controll...hit the next channel button...I find it's interesting that those who protest the show must think we all live in this perfect bubble of a world..doesnt anybody remember the catholic priests, or currently the baptist priest who propositioned a undercover cop..You religious folks really amaze me in your thinking..are you all in deniel..for god sake look around..and by the way how do we know how Jesus acts?..So get off your high and mighty horse and if your going to waste your time protesting this show...well i guess thats your business...i would wish you could revert your anger to more pressing issues....like the War in Iraq, Our troops dying so you can waste your time b-tching..protest against something a little more constructive...and maybe if your honest with yourself you will figure out this show is so true to how we live in this world now...deal with it. It made me laugh, something I have not done in awhile..My son is in the Army over in Iraq..So thank you NBC for the Laugh...And to those stations who refused to air the show, why would you not air this show, but you will air all the other more offense shows that are airing...I just dont understand the logic behind all your complaining...Oh by the way Censorship is still illigal...Well thats my opinion anyway....
    PS...just to let you all know I'm a Spirt Filled Christian with a degree in Theology....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelcory16

[2]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 32
    Why is it that non-religious people accuse those who ARE religious of being judgmental and all these other things, yet while doing so are being judgemental and cruel themselves? Hmmm...

mrkopeckee

[3]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 2
    i thought it was a pretty good show.. i will be watch it .

Maddog30

[4]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    It has been cancelled

pisceandreams

[5]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 40
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    Why is it that non-religious people accuse those who ARE religious of being judgmental and all these other things, yet while doing so are being judgemental and cruel themselves? Hmmm...

Maybe if the people who are being judgemental to begin with (in this case, the religious) wouldn't do so then there would be no need for anyone else to be upset with them. But everytime a show or a movie or a book or an album comes along that certain religious groups find "offensive" they have to do everyhing they can to bad mouth it, boycott it, etc. (I say "certain" because I'm not saying that all religious people are bad-- only the ones who think they're so superior to everyone and try to mold society after their own I'm-so-brainwashed-by-my-religion beliefs.)

So maybe there's something out there that religious groups don't like-- that's fine, everyone has the right to their own opinion-- but why must these people try to censor every single thing that goes on in this nation? America was founded on the idea of religious freedom, but 130 years after this nation was founded, we're no better than the country our ancestors were fleeing from. Our forefathers would look at America of 2006 in shame...

Maddog30

[6]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    They are showing the rest of the season online at nbc.com