The Book of Daniel Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Want the Book of Daniel back? Read here!

SweetTreat

[1]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    Ok like many of you I was sickened at the fact that the book of daniel was cancelled. Come on, a show that depicts the human side of christians...and it's pulled? Well a petition has been started in order to bring it back. So if you want it back on the air, please visit this link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/BOD/

Lend your ear..be heard..and let's bring the show back on the air! I refuse to let the Christian Conservative Grroup dictact what I should and should not watch! Send the link to friends as well...there IS power in numbers!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tokimasa

[2]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    Also, NBC has to realize...it's not going to get ratings as good as NUMB3RS. Why? The Book of Daniel isn't shown on every NBC station across the nation. Therefore, it's getting delivered to fewer homes than any other show in that timeslot.

SweetTreat

[3]Jan 25, 2006
    Yeah but the sad thing is..there are alot of people who wont even give it a try because certain christian organizations are condeming it without even watching it. We all know how powerful the power of suggestion is. If your friend doesn't like a show...oftentimes you wont give it a chance..why? Because you trtust your buddies judgement.

Tokimasa

[4]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    Yeah. People just never gave the show a chance. Between people badmouthing it before it aired and groups saying how "bad" and "evil" this show is, NBC was screwed. Even more reason to put it on the air. And NBC should sue every local affiliate that didn't air the show for a violation of First Amendment rights.

SweetTreat

[5]Jan 25, 2006
    I agree. They had a personal agenda. All comments were slanderous. Imagine the outrage for those companies if some group was trying to take a christian show of the air they like ....egads.

Maddog30

[6]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 6
    SweetTreat wrote:
    Yeah but the sad thing is..there are alot of people who wont even give it a try because certain christian organizations are condeming it without even watching it. We all know how powerful the power of suggestion is. If your friend doesn't like a show...oftentimes you wont give it a chance..why? Because you trtust your buddies judgement.

Ignorance is bliss

but I personaly don't thin that way

Maddog30

[7]Jan 25, 2006
    SweetTreat wrote:

Ignorance is bliss

but I personaly don't think that way

have a open mind about everything in life
    Edited on 01/25/2006 12:15pm

pisceandreams

[8]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 40
    Yeah, this show was so evil! (sarcasm intended)

Who would have thought that a show portraying Christians as everyday people would cause such an uproar? I guess everything related to Christianity has to be ridiculously unrealistic and have a glowing halo around it.

The Christianity of 2006 in America is in sad shape.

peppajaa

[9]Jan 25, 2006
    pisceandreams wrote:
    Yeah, this show was so evil! (sarcasm intended)

Who would have thought that a show portraying Christians as everyday people would cause such an uproar? I guess everything related to Christianity has to be ridiculously unrealistic and have a glowing halo around it.

The Christianity of 2006 in America is in sad shape.

It is indeed a mystery, isn't it? Too bad we had to lose the show in the process.

SweetTreat

[10]Jan 25, 2006
    Have to agree with you all. I think it's a sad day for religion when they have to "bully" people into their agenda. Which is basically what they did.

Maddog30

[11]Jan 28, 2006
    we didn't loose the show if you go to http://www.nbc.com/The_Book_of_Daniel/ you can watch this weeks episode

SweetTreat

[12]Jan 28, 2006
    As I stated elsewhere, I wont support NBC by viewing it on their website when they bowed to the right wing conservatives and pulled it from their airwaves. I have a television for a reason: To watch tv. I don't watch Tv on my computer. We did lose it. And after nbc shows the remaining episodes on their site they wont make anymore. Anyway you cut it..we lost it.

foolishtv

[13]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 48
    It seems like there's a separate agenda going here in the discussion. The bottomline is this show is doing poorly in the ratings. And it's all about the money for NBC. Only several small affliates pulled the plug, so it doesn't really affect the ratings. NBC does look at big markets, they have market ratings (I.e. New York, Los Angeles.) -- these markets are not doing well, either.
    Joey is now off the air (at least until after the Olympics), which group are you going to blame for that?

To be fair, the show got 7 million viewers. So it's not like it's bad. But for a show to be alive on Network TV, it has to do much better than that.
    Edited on 01/28/2006 8:24pm

SweetTreat

[14]Jan 29, 2006
    foolishtv wrote:
    It seems like there's a separate agenda going here in the discussion. The bottomline is this show is doing poorly in the ratings. And it's all about the money for NBC. Only several small affliates pulled the plug, so it doesn't really affect the ratings. NBC does look at big markets, they have market ratings (I.e. New York, Los Angeles.) -- these markets are not doing well, either.
    Joey is now off the air (at least until after the Olympics), which group are you going to blame for that?

To be fair, the show got 7 million viewers. So it's not like it's bad. But for a show to be alive on Network TV, it has to do much better than that.

The point is...they gave Daniel a great time slot but no networks would air it because the AFA threatened to boycott any station that aired it (meaning those stations would lose millions of viewers just because the aired the show) It's not a gamble alot of networks are willing to take on a new series. So instead of being shown nationally on MANY stations it was only showed on one or 2 stations. So 7 millions viewers is actually good for being shown only on 1 or 2 stations. Had the other stations grew some balls..it would have had the potential to have more viewers.