TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Book of Pooh Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2003)

Opening Storybook Text

agent_0042

[1]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 66
    While watching the opening on DVD earlier I realized for the first time that actual Book of Pooh itself is seen in the opening and that pages a story can be seen. Here's what's in that story:

Winnie-the-Pooh, or Pooh for short, was walking through the Hundred Acre Wood one day humming proudly to himself. He had made up a little Hum just that very morning. After breakfast he had hummed it once to himself, so as to remember it all and now he was humming it all the way through properly. It went like this:

Hum-tittly te now
    Who could it be now
    Humming a melody?
    Could it be who there?
    Maybe it's Pooh Bear
    Pooh! Why that's me!
    I'm Winnie the Pooh,
    Absolutely,
    I'm Winnie the Pooh,
    Come have a look,
    I'm Winnie the Pooh.

Pooh was humming the Hum to himself, and happily stomping along when suddenly Tigger and Piglet appeared. Imagine Pooh's surprise, when they both joined right in his Hum.

"Definitely," said Tigger. "Everyone knows he's Winnie-the-Pooh" sang Piglet, and they all hummed

You can just drop in
    Like Christopher Robin,
    Visit a Silly Old Bear.
    Edited on 11/07/2009 9:45pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CDCB

[2]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 34
    I've noticed that before, and that it also is like that in the episodes--Mr. Narrator will be reading something and you can see that within the text of the book. But now I finally know what the whole text in the intro is. Thanks!

agent_0042

[3]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 66
    Yeah, same here, in that I've often read along with the story while watching the episodes. But I never realized before how much was there just in the intro. Glad I could be of help!