The Book of Pooh

Disney Channel (ended 2003)

The Book of Pooh Fan Reviews (5)

7.1
  • Where is the boxset?

We got the Stories From The Heart dvd and my 16 month old daughter absolutely loves it! Where is the whole box set? So far, I can only find one Halloween short,

(product ID B0000A1HUF on Amazon dot com)

and what appears to be some kind of VHS rip of Fun With Manners, available in Torrents if you're in to that sort of thing, or available for sale here (product ID VWDS-4638 on cdjapan dot co dot jp).

Teddy Ruxpin has his own a boxset, for cryin' out loud. This show is substantially better than Teddy Ruxpin! =)
  • What would you do for a klondike bar?

The above is an excellent question, but has nothing to do with this show nor for the review.

Personally I thought it was a great show. I may be a bigger fan of traditional animation, but who can hate puppets? They're just so cute and funny. Love watching them walk in the show, it's somewhat awkward and yet hilarious.

It was also fun to see the narrator interact with the characters. It's nice to see them breaking the fourth-wall. I started to actually see the narrator as a person, rather than a wonderful voice from the sky.

HOWEVER, there is one reason why I'm not giving this review a perfect ten. And it's not too important, but only a personal peeve. You see, I happen to be a hardcore Rabbit fan. Love the yellow critter. And from "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh", my favorite episode was "Find Her, Keep Her". Even as a child, I could tell that it was about parents having to let their children leave the nest. How you can't force your children to give up their dreams, in order to stay with you. It broke my little heart to see Rabbit and Kessie cry. But I hate the sequel episode, where Kessie returns. She wanted to change the Father/Daughter relationship into a mere friendship. Hearing Kessie call the hare "Rabbit", instead of "Rabbie", was a slap to the face! It was like saying I cried for nothing. That's where this show comes in. They went with the "Friendship" aspect, rather than the "family" one. It seems like a continuation of the sequal. Like I said, this is a very personal preference. As I read, others seem to really like this new Kessie. (Which I liked her to. Her personality is fine. It's the relations part I can't stand!) I'm just not feeling their love anymore, I suppose...

Other than that, I love everything else. A lovely show for young and old.
  • The last good show that premiered on Playhouse Disney.

I remember loving this show when it first aired. I recorded the first airing of the first episode, and basically did the same for all the next episodes (minus the last one and a few others). What I really like about this show is that it shows the 100 Acre Wood in a different way. Instead of the animation that one is most commonly familiar with, the show has a style similar to that of a pop-up book.

And, of course, the characters aren't different in any way. They're the characters that we all know. Not the Super Sleuths.

But, of course, we mustn't forget the songs. The songs in the show are very appealing to me, and I find them all very catchy. All of these factors add to the awesomeness of virtually every episode in this show. To not see this show would be a shame, because it is a true classic.
  • Open the book of Pooh

Open the book of Pooh! hI EVERYONE I loved this show. It so didnt deserve to get cancled. I loved Kessie she was so cute and little. This show is one of the former playhouse disney greats. The puppet things were adorable and looked so fluffy. The theme song was cute. This Show had almoat all the character My Friends Tigger And Pooh has and yet people seem to like that one better and I just do not see or comprehend why this is a least favorite. Pooh is a great and i love pooh to tears. This is my review.
  • I can't believe it got cancelled!

I loved watching this with my sister who was eight when it came out. I have always loved Winnie the Pooh. He may be a little ditzy sometimes, but he is very cuddly and sweet. I loved The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but I loved this show even better. It made me laugh a lot, and the way the characters and the narrator actually communicated back and forth with each other was very funny, and we got to know the narrator a bit too.

This show teaches children a lot, including friendship, teamwork, using your imagination, and how to be a good person. I miss this show.