The Boondocks

Attack of the Killer Kung-Fu Wolf Bitch

Aired Sunday 11:30 PM Nov 19, 2007 on Adult Swim

• great episode

One of the things that I saw coming and I'm guessing anybody else that watched this episode, was that Grandad's date was going to be crazy. Be it the episode's title or the inescapable fact that Grandad decided to go find love on the Internet. Overall I did like Luna's character though I think she was bit overplayed. For the first time that I can remember, Boondocks used "goofy" sound effects in an episode. Either when Luna refers to her fighting days or when she fights. It's weird and doesn't fit for me, but maybe it's part of Luna's character, I don't know. Anyway, I did like the Goodfellas refrence with Luna over Grandad on the bed with a gun. The ending also made me laugh. My favorite character by far is Huey and to watch him narrate that Luna might turn around to a life of good and uncrazy behavior, only to see her blow herself up in a car with a grenade, is absolutely priceless.
  • An odd but funny episode.

This episode was pretty weird. Well not Grandad meeting someone on the internet but the girl was weird. When Huey and the killer kung-fu wolf **** fight is pretty funny. The mortal Combat jokes is also funny. The girl was a pretty cool character. I kind of wish that she would have survived the episode so she could make more apperences. The conversation between Grandad, Riley, and Huey in the bathroom is one of the best parts. This is not the best Boondocks episode in the world but it was very interesting. I think that it could have been better if they made the girl more of a pycho. She was weird but I wouldn't say she was that bad.
  • SPOILER ALERT. Don't even glance here. Spoiler alert. I told you. Luna is my fantasy woman! It's tragic that she had to die. Besides her heartbreaking end, the rest of the episode was exquisite, sublime!

I understand perfectly that if Luna had survived, it would've meant fundamental shifts to the structure of how the characters function in their day to day lives. Her death was necessary for the continued integrity of the series. If she hadn't perished, Robert would have come to realize what a wuss he was being, and then joyfully embraced this incredible, vivacious and loving woman as his life-mate. Huey would've ended up having a strong female role model in addition to Oprah. And Riley! Oh, the potential impact on Riley! Two words: Model Citizen! The rest of the Boondocks world would also have been profoundly impacted. Imagine someone to encourage neighbor Tom in his mission to be a Good Man and not be such a damn sissy in the process. Imagine Uncle Ruckus (no relation) being confined to a wheelchair after Luna works out on him after one too many of Uncle Ruckus's inappropriate behaviors.

Mr. A Pimp Named Slickback's bones would be artfully arranged to decorate a flourishing garden in the yard.

This is almost too much to consider!

Understand, this alternative universe would have a breathtakingly hilarious series of percussive events in its formation. After the initial reckoning and (at times forceful) rearranging, harmony and unabashed love would open up as a torrent for the Freeman family. With that, conflict in the Boondocks as we know and love it would come to its sunset and disappear below our horizon.

When you understand that, you can swallow the unbearable truth: especially in the long run, making the Freemans whole isn't funny.
  • Grandad + Internet Dating = Of course its going to go wrong!

grandad does some internet dating and finds a girl named luna who just happened to be a psycho. she has 15 wolves (lol!) and she knows white lotus kung fu, the deadliest kung fu out there according to huey. there is a part where she is talking to huey riley and grandad at the tabe and when she says about the kung fu the all go "we gotta go to the bathroom" at the same time! this episode is funny and hilarious and for me it was the best in the series. i have gotten into trouble counteless times for laughing in my maths lesson because i was thinking of this episode. try it and im sure you will love it.
  • an internet date gone wrong

So Grandad starts internet dating but instead of seeing hot girls he meets with really ugly people so he meets luna on a webcam and he dates her without knowing who she is. So when she shows up she tells her she a crazy martial artist. Which freaks out grandad. So they hide in the bathroom and Huey fights her but he loses so they lie to make her leave saying it is fidel castros birthday but luna friend tells her to eavesdrop on grandad and uncle ruckus and after hearing grandad say she crazy she kidnaps grandad and tortures him but grandad convinces her to change after hearing her story but her friend makes luna blow herself up.
    Anyway it was really funny and I like mortal kombat refrences
  • Grandad goes onto myspace to find a date. He finds a beautiful psycho instead.

• Those of you who are unfamiliar witht the dangers of internet dating should be aware. You never know who you will end up with.

Grandad gets involved in the field of internet dating. While his first few dates were rather disturbing in appearance (the pictures you see online aren't always what they turn out to be in person), he finally finds a woman named Luna (from video chat) who matches her description and invites her over for the weekend without first knowing all the facts of her background.

Luna, who happens to be a woman who was raised around wolves and knows White Lotus Kung Fu and has participated in the Kumate, not to meantion her crazy friend who she talks to on the phone constantly, is definately a ton of crazy wraped up in one neatly tied package just waiting to burst out (although I wonder who is crazier, Luna or her friend). The flashback of Lionel Richie and his whooping by Brenda Richie had me holding my sides with laughter. It also had me laughing when Luna comes back and creates a disturbance in the force at the Freeman residence.

This show also themed alot of scenes from Mortal Kombat, which was the icing on the cake (happens to be a mortal kombat fan).
TOON