The Boondocks Forums

Sunday 11:30 PM on Adult SwimIn Season

Official Episode Discussion"Mr. Medicinal"(07/18/10)

What did you Think?

danharr

[1]Jul 17, 2010
    • level: 45

New episode lets talk it out!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

basenji529

[2]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 15

Can't wait for it. *starts humming Pusher Man*

I can't believe how fast they did this, going from the NAACP calling laws banning marijuana racist to this episode.

So, which was faster: This, or the South Park episode with Super Adventure Club?

renaldsRAP

[3]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 9

High hopes for this one! Get it? hahaha -

I promise I'll be more clever than that after watching a brand new boondocks

renaldsRAP

[4]Jul 19, 2010

oh man, that was so effin' FUNNY! McGruder is truly a genius. An episode about so much more than Granddad gettin' high (but DAMN he sure got HIGH!) Loved the social commentary in this one. Of course the visual gags in this one were just off the chain hysterical. And that ending had me on the floor laughing till it hurt!The best episode of the season for me so far because it was almost like a missing episode from season 1.And Mark Hamill as the voice of the weed kingpin was just awesome. Lots of Star Wars guest appearances this season, which is fine by me

Sucks they're taking a break for a week. I really was lookin forward to seeing Grandma Ruckus since McGruder hyped her up so much. He also hyped up "The Fund-Raiser" which was above and beyond brilliant so even tho Ruckus hasn't been quite up to his memorable best, I think we might be given a reason to really love to hate the character again when "The Color Ruckus" drops!

A brilliant season so far with very few fumbles. I'm only reflecting on the season because of the break next week. Felt appropriate.

basenji529

[5]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 15

Hilarious. But weed episodes usually are.

Fifty bucks says Granddad's not under house arrest next episode.

Iremember thinking "Damn, if he cooks all this food for three people, no wonder he had a heart attack." Notice I mentioned how much he cooked, not what, Aaron. What is relevant, but only for things like white bread.

Damn,"Skywalker"wasthe third Star Wars reference this season. (Silly Aaron. TheStar Wars writers have been on crack since the NJO, not weed.)Yeah, they're a set of movies that average to a good experience.Now there are many other good movies out there.

renaldsRAP

[6]Jul 19, 2010

My bad. Looks like next new episode after the break is gonna be "The Fried Chicken Flu" - Should be a worthy counterpoint to last season's "The S-Word". Wish they had stuck with the original name tho ("The Kentucky Fried Flu"). Apparently McGruder was dead on when he said legal would make them change the name. After that will be "The Color Ruckus". Makes more sense to me anyway.

danharr

[7]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode we needed a marijuana laws are dumb episode and the subtext on addiction and the legal justice system white kingpin gets 6 months probation and Robert gets the book thrown at him. Surprise McGruder didn't throw in a sex offender law jab with Robert being naked in front of Jasmine that's all it's takes for you to be classified as one now a days.