The Boondocks Forums

Sunday 11:30 PM on Adult SwimIn Season

The Boondocks versus The Cleveland Show

thundercat2000

[1]May 15, 2011
    • level: 17

I know there is a thread where The Boondocks versus Family Guy. Now what about The Cleveland Show? I'll take The Boondocks. The leads are all African American while Cleveland and Rallo are both voiced by a white guy. The Cleveland Show is Family Guy in black face.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hueyf

[2]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 6

The Boondocks is way better than the Cleveland show. The show is not even funny and he should have stayed on Family Guy

dave888259

[3]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 4
    "The Cleveland Show is Family Guy in black face." Excellent summary.
    I don't think there's a whole lot to compare in these two shows. While hilarious, the Boondocks is (usually) about some larger issue. While not funny at all, The Cleveland Show is seldom about anything (in the little bit I've been able to stomach watching).

thundercat2000

[4]Jun 5, 2013
    • level: 17

The Cleveland Show has been cancelled. What a relief!! Now lets' hope The Boondocks will return.

willieno2

[5]Sep 16, 2013
    • level: 3

The Boondocks is one of the best animated series on television. For me its up there with Dragonball, South Park, Avatar the last airbender and The Simpsons. There are very few television programmes that have such meaning or ask so many questions of our society. I think it's actually kind of a brave show. The writers have involved real world politics and media sensations, such as the illegal incarceration of Mumia Abu Jamal, then almost forensically dissecting the story and portraying it with hilarious satire.

The Cleveland show was supposed to be bad. Seth Macfarlane clearly thought it would be funny to make a show about one of the least funny members of the family Guy cast. I know some people say Rallo is funny but having one mildly humorous character isnt enough. This show is embarrassingly bad.