The Boondocks

The Itis

Aired Sunday 11:30 PM Jan 22, 2006 on Adult Swim

• ha ha ha ha ha ha this was the most funniest eposodes ever and i think they should have more

he just cooked and it had just oh my god it was so funny the itis was a good name and i think it was just hilarious and when i saw it it made me just cry of joy and i had the best time of my life and the boondocks was the boom and i wonder how do huey dont curse and riely does and i love thugnifficent that was so uch funny as this one but it was good but inuyasha is better but i love the bondocks is so funny it talk about black people and there things
  • good epsisode

This episode is the best episode in the series. It has alot to say and explians how a simple change to a great neiborhood can make it in the worst one in the city. Not to much in it was drop died funny. How Hughy kept trying to get people not to eat the burger and how riley like ussual got in to troulbe around every corner. It was also funny how Grandad thinks that \"The White Man\'s\" is of all thing cheese. I mean who the hell likes cheese. But the best part was at the end how every one got \"sick\" after the family meal.
  • "If I told you right now that there is crack in Krispy Kreme donuts, you gon' be like "I knew something was up." - Chris Rock

7.9
    this episode just makes me want one of those Itis burgers right now, no matter how bad a disease it'll give me, at least I'll be knocked out. I wonder when the store was shut down, what happened to all the hospital bills. It's just yet another invention that turned bad. this adds to the horrible plans list, next to the "pimp my house" idea of riley's.
  • This episode was like most of them pretty funny

"This must be what Crack feels like" that was probably the funniest line in the show" I laughed so hard when that little eight year old said it. But since he's Riley Im kind of suprised he didnt already know what Crack feels like. I loved when Grandad was trying to use the laws against black people vack in the day to try to fake an exucuse for not knowing CPR. the part about the illegal mexicans was deffinatley cleverly done. I also liked the hot blonde chick that got fat from eating at the diner so much that part was also funny. The endin was pretty suprising though i definatley didnt expect that htis was Wuncler's plan the whole time
  • Destructive black culture at its best

In some episodes of The Boondocks, we learn a little something about our black community and what we must do to go in the right path. And in this one, it exploits the eating habits of blacks and the awful effects it has on us.

Grandad opens a restaurant which was financed by Ed Wuncler the first, and the peaceful community where the restaurant was located turned into a bad neighborhood within months, showing us that too much of something good can lead to bad consequences.

I was a little strict at first when I gave it an 8.3. Now it's a 9.3 after watching it a second time and noticing the message that was being told. I also like the Soul Food and slavery references, they were put together well.

What else can I say to end it...but a pretty damn superb episode.
  • The Itis episode shows the effects of soul food on the body.<br /> Wunsler backs grad dad and open a restaurant.

I don't know if any noticed, but the purpose of Wunsler opening the restaurant was to eventually obtain the park. If you put this into the context of crack, the food changed the neighborhood made the property value go down. Wunsler during this time is making big money. Once the property value went down Wunsler had no need for ganddad and his restaurant. Now the city has seen that the people and the area has totally went down and decides to salvage something from the area and sell Wunler the park. Think of how many areas in major cities were once drug ridden, celeand up and then redeveloped to serve a totally different purpose.
  • Well how the episode starts is that Grandad invites every one over for a sunday dinner. When every one states to feel tired. So since i am only allwoed 255 letter you will have to watch the episode

• Another funny work of art from "The Boondocks"

So it starts out with Grandad making some off-the-wall dinner that everyone except Huey likes, making everone fall into a food coma, and ends with Grandad making some sort of Mexican Dinner that everyone likes and sends them all to the bathroom. I don't remember all the funny parts because I only saw this episode once and it was awhile ago, but this is one that I can watch ten times a day and it would never get old. I can not wait for the season one DVD to come out because this show is sure to be a classic.
  • A boondocks classic episode for sure.

I loved the itis. Grandpa, and his friend open a soul food place, and make people fat and meen. That is so funny, and I like it when people in cartoon are surfering. As Huey trys to show the people how bad the food is for them. So I give this episode a 10/10.
  • This episode is way too funny. Had me cracking up after I finished watching it. At least you know, not all home cooking is good cooking!!

The "Itis" just had me thinking that I'm so glad I cut bacon, cheese, and red meat from my diet. Oh, and the donuts, I think that's a lil extra, but hey, who said you can die from eating sugar? Overall, the way Huey spoke about the movie "Soul Food" was very on point. I'm glad someone other than myself can interpret that movie other than just a family film who lost their "Big Mama"!
  • Adult Swim Has got The Itis!

This episode is hilarious and very thought provoking. One of the reasons that i watch the boondocks is because aaron mcgruder is not afraid to say what he needs to say to get his point across and this is shown when Huey says that our (African American) culture is destructive. The show has its points of sheer hilarity and general references to black culture. From the white girl begging for a luther burger(which to my horror actually exists) and eating it while in tears(the scene was reminicent of when Chris Rock's character returned to drugs in New Jack City.) To the very end when Granddad (voiced by John Witherspoon) blurts out the lines he made famous in the movie Friday "Don't nobody go into the bathroom for 35,45 minutes" The Itis is one of those classic "boondocks" episodes that keeps you rolling on the floor the whole episode.
  • The Itis is a "soul food" restaurant that Granddad runs.

thought of eating the food in this episode just gives me a heartattack. Granddad turns a health food center into the most cholestorl packed episode yet. Janet sues him for 2 million but ends up with a luther burger and paid medical bills at the end you find out the reason behind granddads friends business venture. I think that this was an excellent episode that shows the alterior motive behind the "black culture" business ventures of rick old white men.
  • Very funny episode so many comments on our society as per usual with this show.

Great episode. Summed up in the episode: maybe our culture is destructive. ONly show brave enough to dramaticly break the confines of todays political correctness.

I also likes the final line of "Don't use the bathroom for 30, 45 minutes". Which is said by Grandad who is voiced by John Witherspoon who said this line in Friday(1995).
  • As usual a very good installment

This episodes message does not come clear until the end. Wuncler mentions the park, has been wanting to buy it for sometime.

There is no better way to buy land than to bring down the community around it.

This story although conceived around one of our nations problems, we eat too much. It is also at its core about another pressing matter, drug use, and abuse.

More so than that, corporate greed. This show is an onion. It does have many layers.

I enjoy this show.

• The Itis is when you eat too much soul food it's also the name of the restaraunt that Grandad and Ed Wuncler open up together. After a while the customers of the itis become more lazier, obese, and criminals for their fix.

One funny ass episode. With all that molarchy about pork being bad for you. How Robert "Grandad" Freeman was making the most unhealthiest food one person can eat. It was quite brilliant though how they play on the Mexicans in this one. Ed's resteraunt was being replaced by the itis and fires everyone except for the Mexicans. The Illegal Mexicans only. There was also a synoposis on the movie Soul Food and how Big Momma used to make a lot of unhealthy food to feed her kin. Then ends up getting amputated, then having a heart attack or fucking stroke, I don't remember. At the end the family gets back together eating the same food Big Momma made and no one learns a lesson about diet. Which is funny, but very true.
TOON