The Boondocks

The S Word

Aired Sunday 11:30 PM Jan 21, 2008 on Adult Swim

• great episode

This episode's characterization of the "N" word and the pundents had me rolling on the floor. In a way, I wish Ann Colter really was like that but alas. His "Sharpton" character was also funny. While it is a touchy subject I thought it was handled very smartly. The teacher's defense of himself was excellent! This episode really took a much needed critical look at the word and what it does. The only problem I had was Huey is once again under-utilized. Still as the only voice of reason he was dead on and as usual, ignored. The montages of the various voices, including Bill Cosby was also very funny. This was a great episode that delivered an important message. Unfortunately it too will be like Huey, a voice of reason that is ignored. Still, a great episode done in the vein that made the first season so awesome.
  • This is yet another one of my favorite episodes.

This is exactly what I love in TV shows. The Social Satire is the best part. It points out that when a black person is called the n word its like hiting the lottery (As explained by Grandad). This is a big joke on political correctness and the stupidity of some white people. I love the white teacher explaining the difference between the n word ending in the word er and a. It was making a point that many white people ask. Why do they call eachother it and get so mad when a white person calls them it even in a non hostile way.
  • yo man i love watching the boondocks this show is off the chain.

the boondocks is a funny show to kids that think cruel words or funny and yes some times this is a true statement that should be hered to litin up some peoples spirit do you know what i mean. much love:bigjaythings f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f
  • If only Ann Coulter was really like that.

Another classic episode, to say the least. There was a time when I truly believed that civil rights activists were genuinely concerned with righting injustices. However, an article involving a gentleman by the name of Levan Hawkins, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton convinced me otherwise. To make a long story short, Hawkins' inner city Burger Kings fell well short of sales projections and BK was going to take their names off of his stores. Well he went ballistic and called Jackson. However, BK told Jackson that they had already paid Sharpton and told Sharpton to handle it. He did and Hawkins wound up getting 10 mil from BK in order to take their names off of his stores. You can be sure that he broke Sharpton and Jackson off a piece too. This episode showed the hustle involved in the game. A conservative and a so called liberal can run the circuit and both get PAID!!! I'm not mad at either side of the hustle though! This episode just captured the game EXACTLY!!!
  • Riley and Grandad sue Riley's teacher for saying for the N word. Another Instant Boondocks Classic!!

This episode was informative and worthwhile watching cause of the message that had sending. The episode was based on Riley trying to sue his teacher for the N word in class. the teacher was wrong but brought up valid point on black people saying the N word in everything. He shouldn't have say it even though Riley say first and also he was kinda dumb.

The battle between Ann Coultier and Rollo Goodlove aka Cee-Lo was hilarious. Ann Coultier was outrageously funny. After all of the battles, the Freemans still lose.

Rollo Goodlove tried to come up with another plan by fake protesting but Grandad denied cause of Huey's response and later blamed Huey for not going through with the plan and called him a blockhead. A great episode that tributed to Martin Luther King Jr. day.
  • The Boondocks is based on the satiric Aaron McGruder comic strip of the same name.

ok ok, "The S Word" wasn't the best of episodes, but it was still kind of interesting though. Not to be judgmental or anthing, but that whit lady was talking some serious ignorant stuff. But if you actually think abou it, it did really make sense though. I mean seriously. But, it was funny when "Bill Cosby" was talking about how black people shouldn't call each other offensive terms. Bill Cosby: "I don't think black people should ever use racist words when describing other black people, and if you do, then you're a sambo and a coon". Athough I didn't really get the meaning of a "sambo" and a "coon", but I still thought it was funny. "The Boondocks" still remains 10/10!!
  • Easily the best episode of the season.

• A great installment on a sensitive topic.

Robert and Riley were clearly not about recovering restitution for damages but were more for a "get rich quick" plan ("cashing in like the Wal-Mart guy"). Rollo Goodlove and Ann Coulter's roles were great (showing just how far someone will go to make a quick buck: or as Tom put it "extorting the law"), and as usual Huey is the voice of reason between Riley and Grandad.

This episode covered the controversal use of the "N" word, and its so-called transformation in today's mainstream culture. Although it is regarded as taboo, black people use it freely in slang as a reference to themselves (in Robert's words "Its ok between us behind closed doors. We have flipped the word into a term of endearment. That's what I call my hommies. You feel me, my n***a"). White people, on the other hand, are persecuted for uttering its very existance. Mr. Petto brought up a very good point when he stated "What I don't understand is, if it is so offensive to them, then why do they say it over and over again?" In my opinion, if whites can't say it, no one can say it. If it's original use was derogatory, then the "N" word used in slang today is derogatory. Doesn't matter how it's said or used.

This episode was both entertaining and informative. The part where Ann was all over Abdul, and the Rolo protest gone wrong had me cracking up. The funniest parts of the whole episode. We defiantely need more episodes like this one.
  • The Boondocks comes upon the issue that had to happen eventually: The N word.

As I find myself looking back on this episode, I find it both funny but also complicated, because not only does it have to do with language but also culture. Maybe I'm confused becuase I'm white, I don't know. Is it possible a black kid could watch this same episode and understand it better? Probably. What I did enjoy about this episode was how it went into the media and how they can dramatize things. The beginning news report was an almost shot for shot remake of a real one that took place (parodied up a little of course). Also the media moguls like Goodlove was a great example of what people in the media will do for money. I guess the reason I don't award it a higher rating is because at the beginning it seemed funny, but then I felt became too complex (for me personally anyway)on too many things happening at once but at least was intresting to watch.
  • I've been waiting for this episode all season.

Finally! The Boondocks returns to its former glory. Enough of the episodes about Riley trying to be a gangster, this episode returned the show to its brilliant satirical roots and showed that they can still write an episode that has a message. Rollo Goodlove and Ann Coulter were great (for some reason, they made Ann Coulter look less ugly than she does in real life). Huey had a larger role, and as usual was the intelligent voice of reason that no one listens to. Joe Petto was funny, as well as the superintendent. This episode takes an important look at the transormation of the word **** and what it means today. Rollo Goodlove aka Al Sharpton played the part perfectly of someone who's just trying to make a buck off of a situation that didn't harm anyone. I think the fact that people can still do this is horrible, and an episode like this makes me think that times have changed. For some, race is turning into an economic advantage. As Granddad said at the end of the episode, "I could've been shot at and called a **** on TV."

Great job, Boondocks, thank you for reminding me why I watch your show.