The Boondocks

The Trial of R. Kelly

Aired Sunday 11:30 PM Nov 13, 2005 on Adult Swim

• R. Kelly goes on trial. Huge mountain of evidence against him, yet he walks out a free man. Why? Read my review.

This is the episode that I truly believe was a lot better than the first episode, "Garden Party." From the scene where Whitney Houston and Bobby Browne to the end of R. Kelly's trial had me laughing like crazy. I know Robert Freeman and Uncle Ruckus had some funny moments too, though my main focus is on R. Kelly's trial.

"The Trial of R. Kelly" also shows us that not only can some famous celebrities can get away with some of the most heinous crimes because of their name alone, it also shows us how stupid and ignorant black people can be sometimes. And I'm black myself so no offense.

R. Kelly had a cell written with his name on it after seeing all of the evidence, ranging from urine samples to the video where R. Kelly is actually peeing on the girl and calling his social security number for the court to hear. Okay that last piece of evidence was good. But 2 things saved R. Kelly's hyde: his defense attorney and the fact that EVERYONE in that court room (expect the Dubios and Huey) was a die-hard fan, even the judge.

I'm glad Huey talked some sense to those people in there, even if it fell on deaf ears. If it were an average black man that did that, everyone would want him rot in prison. However, the defendant was R. Kelly. Need I say more?

All in all, a great episode to start off the beginning of Season 1. Looking forward to Season 2 next year.