The Boondocks

Wingmen

Aired Sunday 11:30 PM Mar 05, 2006 on Adult Swim

• great episode

This episode was one of the funniest I have ever seen. Plus it shows us how precious a friend can be, which is evidence between Huey and Duey as well as Robert and his friend from World War 2, Moe.

Both Moe and Robert were so-called "best friends" during the second World War until something between the 2 of them caused them to break up. The same thing with Huey and Cairo. You see, since Huey left Chicago to live a better life in an all-white neighbourhood, Cairo thought Huey betrayed his own race. Robert and Moe's friendship was broken because of a "woman." Although in the end, Robert was able to forgive Moe after all those years. I can't say the same for Huey and Cairo though.

To conclude, I wonder if anyone saw this, but it looks like Jazmine has a liking to Huey (which is far from a normal friendship if you're catching on quickly). She looked depressed when he had to go to Chicago, but was bubbling with joy when he came back. I think Huey likes her too though he doesn't show his emotions at all.
  • I dunno if I can give alot of credit for this episode.

6.9
    I think everyone in this world does or should have a wingman, it makes everything fun. I kinda liked this episode, but Mike Epps shoulda been funnier than what they displayed him as, bcuz he's just so funny when he's in movies. Huey's friend really has a problem. Friends shouldn't treat you like dirt, no matter where you came from and stayed at, which is why I'm glad they f'ed up his new friend (that afrika bambaataa looking guy).
  • this episode isnt really that funny besides the begining but it is pretty reavealing

this episode isnt really that funny besides the begining but it is pretty reavealing We finally get to see a little bit of huey s past in this episode. We find out he has a best friend named cairo who isnt his best friend anymore and doesnt like huey for moving away to woodcrest. He dislikes him so much that he got a new deep black best friend who was into poetry instead of politics and stuff like huey was. the Big fight at the end was kinda fun but it had some many people in it i couldnt really see alot of the action
  • You can't teach an OLD DOG new tricks!

Tried and true. Aron McGruder is a Genius with this one. The truth in the lies! You can't expect anyone to change...they just have to change or they'll die THE SAME PERSON! Mo was ALL bad, from beginning of his and granddad's friendship to the end. And it's always amazing to watch this cartoonist/writer depict these life-like situations, even though they don't really happen like it does in the cartoon. Like Bugs Bunny and Wild E. Cycote....just good stuff maan!!
  • "Dees Nuts!" Damn dead pranksters. HA!

So Grandad Freeman has to attend the funeral of a guy who was sorta his friend earlier in life. However, Grandad's wingman happens to be an a-hole. He has been giving Grandad problems thoughtout his entire life and now he learns that the bastard has left something for him. How nice! All Grandad has to do in order to get that gift is to give the eulogy (?) at his funeral. This seems impossible to do until Grandad realizes that the woman that they both had a crush on in the olden days, who wound up marrying the recently deceased, became a fat ugly douchebag.
    After the funeral is over and all is said and done, Grandad is eagerly awaiting his gift, which was a jar of nuts. Upon revealing the nuts, the dead guy yelled out "Dees nuts!" as his final prank.

Brilliant.
  • Friendship is a really precious thing. DO NOT....let it break

Anyways, you can learn something from this. See ya.
  • Too much focus on Robert and Moe, not enough on Huey and Cairo.

5.5
    I guess there was supposed to be a parallel between the friendships of Robert/Moe and Huey/Cairo, but they wasted too much time on Robert/Moe and didn't really develop Huey/Cairo at all. I would much rather have seen a flashback with Huey/Cairo than the lenghty one with Robert/Moe.

The ending was also way too predictable. As soon as Robert went to the lawyer's office to get his inheritence, you knew what was going to happen. As soon as Huey went to Cairo's door at the end, you knew what was gonna happen.

The only thing keeping me from giving this a straight 5 is the short fight seen, especially when Riley threw the chair. I'll never get tired of that gag.
  • Friends are not really friends. Also, a story about World War II.

Huey finds out that his friend, Cairo, from Chicago is no longer his friend. He then gets into a fight with Cairo because he has a new, strange friend. This is the same with Granddad's so-called friend Mo. Now that Mo is dead he still wants to make Granddad mad.
  • Robert Freeman finds out that his friend is dead and is pressured into giving a euology

I really loved this episode cause, its on some real stuff, like how relationships can end for some silly reasons for example the friendship between Robert and Moe, over a girl they're friendship ended. Also with Huey and his old friend, just because Huey moved to a better neighborhood, he was thought of as a sell out. One of the reasons i love this show is because its so real
  • Could have been better

Not one of the best episodes, the heart was there, but grandpa’s story telling method is no where near as good as Huey’s. Grandpa’s so called friend dies, and wants him to speak as his wake/funeral. He’s an A-hole, and as always grandpa’s role in history is overlooked. The only good parts where Riley’s comments, with out him the scene would not be complete. Also the end where Huey final admits he thinks jasmine is a friend was pretty good too, I’m a sucker for relationships.
  • Grandad,Huey and Riley go to Chigago for a funeral for grandad\'s friend (his wingman in WWII) Huey visits an old friend Cairo and try to build there friendship back up

Hilarious especially Riley Mike Epps character who was also in the friday series. My Favorite quote
    Duey: \"Crack kills like Pookie. They turned the switch off on Tookie. Chewbacca was a wookie. Revolution\"
    then Riley says \"Boo..Hey Erica ba Duey, that was real gay my dude!\" this is one of the top 5 episodes
    1)A date with the Health Inspector
    2)Grandad\'s Fight
    3)The Trial of R-Kelly
    4)Riley wuz here
    5)Wingmen

5 good episodes right there
  • Somebody that "Granddad" Freeman knows back home(Chicago) die. So they go back there for one last visit and realise things an't what they remember.

In this rather average episode of the show, Granddad and the boys go back to Chicago to attend the funeral of one of Grandad oldest "friend", Mo. Only things an't what they use to be and Huey's best friend Cairo has a new crew and new best friend Duey who doesn't seem to like the Freeman because they left they people behind to live in a white neighbourhood.
    There wasn't anything particularly good or funny about this episode. Don't get me wrong there was good moment in the episode but the whole episode doesn't seem to belong anywhere.
  • "WINGMAN"

Wing man is a funny episode. Not the best ive seen though. Alot of different voices in this episode like Lil JJ and Mike Epps. Grandad's old skool, partner/enemy wingman, Mo(Mike Epps) dies and they all go back to chicago to go to his funaral. Funny things happen and r said while they are at his funaral. Thats basically what this episode is about. Pretty Funny!! 8.5
  • The Freemans go back home to chicago for a funeral,and proving that you really can't go home again.

While this wasn't as funny an episode as previous ones,it was still worth watching.Once again,we get to see Granpa playing an important role in history,but getting almost no credit for it,by way of his obnoxious,a-hole wingman Moe.Huey's side-story was only slightly interesting,until Riley attempted to beat the crap outta Duey.MO's parting "gift" was priceless - the perfect punchline.
  • Nothing Special, Yet Still Good

There's nothing that great about this episode, but it's still good. It's not as funny as others have been, but it's still entertaining none the less. This episode follows Grandad more than the boys, and that's why it's less funny than the others. This episode doesn't stand out as anything special, but it's still worth watching.