The Border Forums

CBC (ended 2010)

Canadian broadcasting rules - nudity?

ninjit

[1]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 8

I just saw the most recent episode of The Border, and in the final scene at the strip club, there is an obivously topless dancer behind the actors (not in the far distance either).

I was a little surprised. since all the other scenes at the club were very tame with regards to the dancers, and I don't think I've even heard them use profanity on the show at all

I was wondering what sort of laws there are in Canada regarding tthe broadcast of nudity/profanity etc. If this was a slip-up during the direction of the episode (and it's pretty big one at that then), what sord of penalties would the channel (CBC?) face?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Placebo_obecalP

[2]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 13
    It's refreshing to see that there's still television around the world not as anally obsessed about nudity and profanity as American television. I guess the US is still reverberating from the horrific scene of Janet Jackson's plastic nipple.......

In American mainstream television you can run around with a big good killing 50 people, but don't you dare show half a breast or swear whilst doing it, ridiculous.

song85

[3]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 5
    haha so true!