The Border Forums

CBC (ended 2010)

Do not hand hold the camera

metro2

[1]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 3
    This may not qualify for review as I did not watch the show. I started to watch but the camera operator forgot to use a tripod or steady cam and was moving the camera all over the place so made it entirely unwatchable.

If this is used for a few seconds as to simulate a 1980's "breaking news" shot it is ok but not at all in a modern TV show and of course not for more than a minute. It is only irritating as you can rent a steady cam for about $100 day and buy a decent one for under $500.

It is rather stupid to use this style and is often done to try and cover for bad writing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boupas

[2]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    For me, it as not been so much a problem. I Did'nt even see this, so it's not for all the show.

But it's not so bad, but in the same time not so good. Will see with the nexts episodes.

Misty_1970

[3]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 9
    Yes indeed will check out the second episode. Found the first one ok. Too much going on and a very loud continious soundtrack...

Placebo_obecalP

[4]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    First episode was ok, average show by the looks of it, rather be watching Intelligence

mattix01

[5]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    yeah the series is OK at best. pretty unrealistic for canada but i will watch it cause there is nothing else on these days.

kangaroos8

[6]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    even though i've heard its similar to 24 (a show i just couldn't get into), i've enjoyed this show tremendously. its refreshing to see the canadian perspective of things.
    hope to see it continue.

Placebo_obecalP

[7]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 13
    It's nothing like 24 and anyone who compares the two clearly doesn't watch enough of either show. Compared to other Canadian dramas it's a bit too Americanised in its production values for my liking, but it's an enjoyable enough show, I'd place it a little above average, if Intelligence is a 10, Da Vinci's Inquest a 9 this would be around a 7.

kangaroos8

[8]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    ^ well like i said, i havent seen 24 ever so i dont know how to respond to this except i guess both r patriotic shows.

Meph0

[9]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 5
    Misty_1970 wrote:
    Too much going on and a very loud continious soundtrack...
    Thank you! Someone else who notices that. I find it very hard at some points to hear what people are saying because of the soundtrack that's so rediculously loud. I watch 30 other series (mostly American, but also ReGenesis and other Canadian series) that don't have the problem, but this one, gaaah! I can't just sit back and enjoy the show, I have to concentrate to hear what's going on. Very annoying.
    Edited on 11/07/2008 4:31pm