The Brady Bunch Forums

ABC (ended 1974)

Brady Bunch Mistakes

John_Youngston

[1]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 1
    Just wanted to start up a new topic.

Father Of The Year

When Marcia is in Mikes den, and Cindy and Jan went to look for her, and Cindy comes out and tell Jan she is not in the family room. The next shot shows Carol and Alice in the kitchen, how come they didnt see Cindy and ask why she is out of bed?

Plus with all the noise Marcia, Jan, and Cindy are making, neither Alice or Carol could hear them?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvloverduh

[2]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 22
    The Honeymoon

In the begining of the episode they show Mike's house. However in the next episode and for the rest of the series it is a diffrent house.

rowleyface

[3]Jul 24, 2006

another one is in the episode 'cindy brady lady' where bobby pretends to be her secret admirer, he then pays his friend to come play with cindy who ends up liking her anyway, but in the kitchen just after she meets "her man" she hands alice some flowers to put in a vase, as the cindy and tommy walk off cindy makes a face. Susan Olsen said that that day she was having difficulty with her lines that day, and was happy to leave the scene apparently :]

another in the the "50-40 fight" in the house of cards scene Jans hair keeps switching from pony tail to not in a pony tail, and i think in that same scene peters shirt keeps changing colors.

John_Youngston

[4]Jul 28, 2006
    Have you ever noticed when anyone turns on a light or turns a light off on the wall switch, it still remains in the OFF position?

John_Youngston

[5]Jul 28, 2006

Here is another one, since I am at my office - forgot the name of the episode.

The one when Carol got into the car accident with Mr. Duggan. If you pay attention to the board where the cars are
    when explain each side of the accident, when it is Mr. Duggan turn to go up he shift the red car, and so it is shifted in a different direction. Than when Mr. Duggan and Carol argue next to the board in question the red car is now shifted back to it orignial postion, than a cut scene, and than back to them, and it is shifted back to when Mr. Duggan moved it. I hope this Brady Mistake make sense.

rowleyface

[6]Jul 30, 2006

yeah i have seen that one, i knew my eyes werent playing tricks on me! i forget the name of it too.

rowleyface

[7]Jul 30, 2006

also i think its the one where cindy keeps tattle tailing and tiger is always taking stuff and hiding it in his dog house.... well anyway you barely ever see tiger but you can tell thats its not the real tiger that they used in all the other shows.

also in the episode katchoo you can clearly see that tiger has a brown snout. but in the episode Tiger! Tiger! mike states that he has a white snout.

pity that the original tiger died, but they used atleast 3-4 dogs in the whole series lol

jessejimmy

[8]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    I thought they moved in that house when Mike and carol got married.

John_Youngston

[9]Jul 31, 2006
    Here is another:

When Jan has to get glasses, and when Carol and Jan come home from getting them. When you see the car drive into the drive way from the street level view, you only see one person in the station wagon, than a cut scene, than the station wagon with Carol and Jan inside.

In the episode where Peter and Jan come home from school, to tell Carol and Alice they got a part in the school play. Carol asked how did Marsha do. Yet Marsha was already home, and Carol never asked her how she did?

Jesse: They did move into that house after they got married.

John_Youngston

[10]Aug 4, 2006
    In regards to Father Of The Year.

I watched the episode on DVD, and the part where Jan tells Cindy "She is not in there" than a cut scene than shows Carol and Alice in the kitchen.

On the DVD it shows Jan and Cindy walk into the kitchen and Carol DOES ask why are they up and they wanted a glass of water, and than Jan peaks into the family room to see if Marsha was there, and than puts the glass of water on the table and leaves than the scene cuts to Jan saying "She is not in there" So in fact it is the network who cut this scene down. Yet the mistake still would be how when the find Marsha in Mike's Den, all the noise they are making Carol and Alice could not hear them?

dinalilybrady

[11]Sep 13, 2006
    Please tell me how in the world you noticed that?
    Can you post the scenes you are talking about. I think you mean #45 an #23 but im not sure.
    Thanks.
    George Glass

John_Youngston

[12]Sep 18, 2006

That is a good one George, sorry to say I am not at a level where I can post pictures or video.

John

tb485

[13]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 8
    In "What goes up", Bobby develops fear of heights so the family gets a trampoline. While the rest of the family is having fun jumping on the trampoline, you can hear Greg say "Go Eve!" when Jan is jumping and Carol say "Go Chris!" when Peter was jumping.

Of course, this is not that uncommon. After all, Luke Skywalker shout "Carrie" when meeting Leah after the big battle in Star Wars.

tb485

[14]Sep 21, 2006
    In the pilot episode, "The Honeymoon", Tiger lets himself out of the Brady car by lowering the power window but the car has crank windows (on the driver's side). Not likely that the passenger side would have power when the driver's side does not.

John_Youngston

[15]Sep 26, 2006
    To add to the window about Tiger, most cars after the key and or door is opened, all the power is shut off. 

I am looking at mistakes that are not listed in books.

Also I look for things that make you go "Hmmmmm"

The one I saw yesterday when Jan is running for The Most Popular Girl, some of the hands out Peter is giving to the other students, as we know it says "Vote for Jan Brady" that Peter and Bobby did on the press, you have to watch carefully, one of piece that is handed out is BLANK!

John

sllimeeda

[16]Sep 28, 2006

First off, I just love this topic!!!!

In the episode with the Silver Platters (don't know that name of it off-hand) when the kids are in the garage rehearsing Alice is coming out in the yard and gets down on the ground to see what the kids are doing, you hear Marcia say "come on Chris"  then laugh.

This isn't a mistake exactly but in the George Glass episode (I think) the Brady's phone # is 762-0799.  In an episode of Marcus Welby that is a patient's telephone number.  That must have been a common phone # back in the day.

John_Youngston

[17]Sep 28, 2006
    I have to watch that part seems interesting to see. I been watching this show WAY too long, so it is interesting to see what mistkes they make, and try to hide it.

I think it is called "Today I am a freshman"; don't quote me on it. The one that Peter is building a volcano. After it does spray all over Marsha and the girls on the padio (watch out Alice will kill you), when Carol and Masha are talking, there is a brief moment you can see the boom mike above them. The only way to catch this is in slow motion, it is in the center of the screen goes down but gets quickly pulled up.

John

John_Youngston

[18]Sep 29, 2006

sllimeeda,

I just watched about the Silver Platers, and you are correct while Alice is getting down on the ground to see what they are doing, you do hear Marsha say "Chris".

Plus here is another one, on Quarterback Sneak, with 'Jerry Rogers', about 3mins 24sec into it, while Greg and Peter and Bobby are playing in the back yard, Greg shows them another football move, and when he does he lifts up some of the "grass". It is very noticeable.

John

ceosmom

[19]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 20
    In the episode where Cindy gets on the quiz show (and Bobby doesn't), the family leaves in a station wagon, but comes home in a convertible!

John_Youngston

[20]Oct 4, 2006

The Hustler:

When Cindy rides her bike towards the garage, and puts on her brakes, it shows Bobby getting ready to shoot the que ball. If you pay attention where the balls are at, than a cut to Oliver talking you can hear the balls being hit, yet when it goes back to the part where Bobby is getting ready to hit the ball again, the balls have not moved at all.

Just an observation, when Bobby is having his dream about all those yellow balls, how fast it was all set up for him to shoot, yet you never hear anyone set up the balls.

When they did get the pool table when did Mike have time to hook up a light in the garage, and a light switch?

Plus have you noticed mostly in the last season when they do a pan out of the house at the beginning the same blue car drives by?

John