The Brady Bunch Forums

ABC (ended 1974)

Brady Bunch Mistakes

tb485

[21]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 8
    OK, if this has been mentioned, I apologize. When the bunch is returning from the Grand Canyon, there are several shots of the station wagon driving on the park roads and stopping for "one last look". Some of these scenes show them pulling the trailer, others do not. Surely they did not stop, unhook the trailer, go on and then go back for the trailer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

John_Youngston

[22]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 1
    TB,

I will have to watch that episode again...

Last night for me on tv was the last episode, so it all starts all over again. (even though I have the whole show on DVD). As the network likes to cut pieces out of it.

John

John_Youngston

[23]Oct 12, 2006

OBSERVATION::

The episode where Cindy has to pick Carol or Mike to go to her play.

The part where Peter and Greg, and Bobby set up Cindy on the clothes hanger to "swing", it shows Alice on the phone from the teacher telling that the child is only allowed one ticket. Than a cut sceen shows Bobby saying "Gordy is wondering where you guys are", so if Gordy called it would be hard since Alice was on the phone. If Bobby was at the place where Greg and Peter are going to play, how close is it to their home.

Also when they said their pants were falling down, they take the belts and run again, yet if their pants are falling down wouldn't you put back on your belt?

John

John_Youngston

[24]Oct 26, 2006

Since no one is posting, I will add more.

"Sorry, Right Number"

Mike is in his den and he calls "the time" and you hear it say the time is 8:05, yet when he goes into the family room the clock in the background shows 7:50.

Also Mike uses the payphone in the family room to call Mr. Crawford, and he said he has to make the call at 6:30, yet again the clock shows the time being 3:13.

"Every Boy Does It Once"

Bobby talks to Alice about no one is home, how Jan and Marsha went to go see a movie with the Ditmires, and Greg and Peter are at a friends house. Yet if he is home alone with Alice, where is Cindy throught out this? There is no explaination where she is.

I am watching this all over again on TV, as well on DVD. Due to the network is known for cutting some parts out.

John

TheRealJanBrady

[25]Nov 12, 2006
    John_Youngston wrote:
    Here is another one, since I am at my office - forgot the name of the episode.

The one when Carol got into the car accident with Mr. Duggan. If you pay attention to the board where the cars are
    when explain each side of the accident, when it is Mr. Duggan turn to go up he shift the red car, and so it is shifted in a different direction. Than when Mr. Duggan and Carol argue next to the board in question the red car is now shifted back to it orignial postion, than a cut scene, and than back to them, and it is shifted back to when Mr. Duggan moved it. I hope this Brady Mistake make sense.

That episode is called "The Fender Benders", from season 3 (episode 70)

TheRealJanBrady

[26]Nov 12, 2006
    rowleyface wrote:

another one is in the episode 'cindy brady lady' where bobby pretends to be her secret admirer, he then pays his friend to come play with cindy who ends up liking her anyway, but in the kitchen just after she meets "her man" she hands alice some flowers to put in a vase, as the cindy and tommy walk off cindy makes a face. Susan Olsen said that that day she was having difficulty with her lines that day, and was happy to leave the scene apparently :]

another in the the "50-40 fight" in the house of cards scene Jans hair keeps switching from pony tail to not in a pony tail, and i think in that same scene peters shirt keeps changing colors.

Susan Olsen has also explained that she thought that they were rehearsing, rather than filming, at that time, and she did not realize that the camera was running.  But I guess that they decided to use the scene as filmed anyway, maybe because she finally did successfully deliver her lines.

TheRealJanBrady

[27]Nov 12, 2006
    rowleyface wrote:

another in the the "50-40 fight" in the house of cards scene Jans hair keeps switching from pony tail to not in a pony tail, and i think in that same scene peters shirt keeps changing colors.

Yes, Jan's hair switches back and forth from having a pony tail to not having one, depending on which camera angle is being used...

Also in that scene, Marcia wears a bracelet...from one camera angle, she's holding on to the bracelet as she tries to add the card to the house, from the other angle, the bracelet just dangles there...

I never noticed about Pete's shirt, I'll have to check that out.

TheRealJanBrady

[28]Nov 12, 2006
    John_Youngston wrote:
    Here is another:

When Jan has to get glasses, and when Carol and Jan come home from getting them. When you see the car drive into the drive way from the street level view, you only see one person in the station wagon, than a cut scene, than the station wagon with Carol and Jan inside.

In that scene (pulling into the driveway) I was...I mean, Jan was hiding with her head down on the seat...I didn't, I mean, she didn't want anyone in the neighborhood to see her with glasses on.

TheRealJanBrady

[29]Nov 12, 2006
    tb485 wrote:
    In "What goes up", Bobby develops fear of heights so the family gets a trampoline. While the rest of the family is having fun jumping on the trampoline, you can hear Greg say "Go Eve!" when Jan is jumping and Carol say "Go Chris!" when Peter was jumping.

Of course, this is not that uncommon. After all, Luke Skywalker shout "Carrie" when meeting Leah after the big battle in Star Wars.

Yes, in the trampoline scene, Carol says "Hey, go get 'em Chris" as PETER is jumping on the trampoline.  Also, Greg later says to Jan, "Why don't you give it a try, Eve?"...

John_Youngston

[30]Nov 25, 2006
    Most of the above is covered in Barry Williams book. Observation:

For when Marcia is having her slumper party, just find it odd to have all the girls go upstairs to wash off the itching powder. Yet when Paula explains about the joke to Marcia about it, stopped itching for awhile than complains can't stand the itching.

Than when Marcia tells Mike and Carol about what had happened as she accused the wrong person for the picture, she was not itching at all. With all said, if they boys put itching power in the sleeping bags, why it take so long for it to make them 'start to itch'?

John

John_Youngston

[31]Dec 15, 2006
    Hello Folks,

Excuse my absents, I been under the weather for quite some time.

TB485:
    The network replayed the Grand Caynon episode again, and I beleive it is Part 2, is when you saying about the trailer being there and than not being there. However, I watched that part and didn't see when this was to happen.

I don't have any more to update with, for mistakes or just an observation.. YET..

John

Drewchic

[32]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 9
    I have a mistake that you can't probably know about anywhere,except TV Land Online. Okay. Anyways,this mistake was in The Not-So-Ugly Duckling episode (I believe) in Season 2 and when Jan went to confront Marcia,her hair ribbon was one color,and than,it was another,or it's the other way around. I don't know. If you have the Season 2 box set,than,I would highly reccommend you to watch that episode--again.

bilbarrett

[33]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    In "A Voice For Christmas" the boys are bringing in the Christmas tree and the camera pans too far and we get to see where the carpet and stairs end in the entry hall and where the concrete studio floor begins. I noticed that the mistake was fixed for the DVD release by enlarging the frame a little.

Recordsrob

[34]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 3
    I just noticed that "Aunt Jenny" lost her left bracelet after going into her bag of goodies for a sketch for "Jan". She is lifting it up from her bag & you can see it hit the floor.  "Jan" looks down for a second as does "Carol", but Florence made it much less noticable.
    Edited on 02/01/2007 12:55am

GabeRuth2

[35]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 7
    on law and disorder in the scene where mike brings home the boat from the junkyard,you'll notice how greg stumbles around and is happy all the time in that scene,that's because barry williams (the guy who played greg)thought he had the day off and was smoking pot right before he had to come in for rehearsal!I saw it on youtube!

BARBARINOISHOT

[36]Apr 7, 2007
    observation:
    sorry if this has been mentioned already.
    50-40 fight
    In this episode after all the cards fall down, if you look quickly 2 cards are standing up by themselves. They are not leaning on anything that is visable.

John_Youngston

[37]Apr 12, 2007

After a long absent, I have returned..

John

John_Youngston

[38]May 8, 2007
    Going Gone Steady:

16 mins and 11 sec into it, when the have a wide shot of Marsha and Harvey talking about bugs, you can see the camera zoom in on Harvey, you can see the shadow of the camera.

John

Dirk4MVP

[39]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 41
    tvloverduh wrote:
    The Honeymoon In the begining of the episode they show Mike's house. However in the next episode and for the rest of the series it is a diffrent house.
    But don't they move into a bigger house? Or am I mistaking?

JOYISMINE1

[40]Jan 2, 2009
    BARBARINOISHOT wrote:
    observation:
    sorry if this has been mentioned already.
    50-40 fight
    In this episode after all the cards fall down, if you look quickly 2 cards are standing up by themselves. They are not leaning on anything that is visable.

I read ( i think in Greg's/Barry's book) that they had actually glued some of the bottom cards together to "help make the card house stand up better.