The Brady Bunch Forums

ABC (ended 1974)

Complete Series DVD Announced

danigro89

[1]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 37
    Not much is known about this but tvshowsondvd has the cover art. http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6797
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Drewchic

[2]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 9

Yes,and that cover art is made from shag carpet,supposedly. LOL! There's also quite a few special features,including:

• 'A Very Brady Christmas,' (1988 reunion movie)
    • 'Brady 500' (pilot to The Bradys, 1990)
    • ¬†and various episodes of 'The Brady Kids' (1972 cartoon).

Yeah,hopefully,that helps!

Unohu

[3]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 6
    This is my 3rd day of owning the complete series.

I am age 40, I picked it up very inexpensive in BC Canada for $39. Even some of the seasons alone cost just under that price of the complete series. So why not.

I recommend it badly. I always wanted to get a season but now owning the complete series wow.

Only bad thing is how the Discs are in. A glued cardboard sleeves. First few discs on some eps I had to start up again cause of some glitches. I noticed in manufacturing the discs some had some marks on them.

Iceblue307

[4]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 1

Hi, I also bought the entire series, a first for me ever in my growing TV-DVD collection. I already have entire series of some shows, but TBB was the first one I ever bought all seasons of at once. Finished seasons 1-3 in marathons, but will take more time to finish the remaining seasons. TBB is my all-time favorite and I wish it lasted more than 5 seasons, but being a formulaic family-oriented show, I guess such shows have shorter life spans. Anyway, one thing I love about this series is all the kids kept growing and changing throughout the shows' run.

The package does look rather funky with shag carpeting. Not that I really love it; it has nothing to do with my reason to buy this set. If it's packaged more plainly, well I still would've bought all seasons anyway!

rockybudgeboa

[5]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    I have the set too, just got it two weeks ago. Not too pleased with the packaging since most of the DVDS have scratches on them. I paid $110.00 in Ontario for it. Too much some people say, but to me, worth every penny

ecgirl08

[6]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 57
    I have been wanting this for a long time, and I didn't have any of the individual season sets, so I finally got the Complete Series from Amazon. With Amazon's free shipping option, it ended up costing less than $100, which is a really good deal for five seasons AND a bonus feature disc. A lot of people have complained about the packaging, but I like it a lot. The shag carpet box is pretty cool, and it's actually not that big, so it fits nicely on my DVD case. The accordian-style housing of the discs in the plastic flower is a cute look, and it cuts down on space, but I will admit that if you are constantly going from one disc to another, it can be a pain to flip through it and find the one you want. Potentially scratching the discs could be a problem if you're not careful, or if you have kids who are using it a lot, but as long as you handle it with care, it should be okay. It's a really nice collector's item, and although it can be expensive at some places, Amazon seems to have the lowest price right now.