The Brady Bunch Forums

ABC (ended 1974)

Greg/Marcia

kewl_gurl3000

[1]Jan 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    How many people think Greg and Marcia should've gotten together in the show? And before anyone screams"Ew!INCEST!" they weren't blood relatives, so if they had kids, there kids would be normal. I got this idea because it saw A Very Brady Sequel (the spoof movie that came after the first movie) and the Greg/Marcia thing seemed to work. I think it would've worked even better in the show, seeing as Barry Watson and Mareen McCormick (I hope I have the right names) seemed to have a "thing" for eachother in real life. What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Random862

[2]Jan 13, 2006
    • level: 7
    The show was supposed to be "wholesome", the blending of 2 separate families into one happy one with a mother, father and 6 children that didn't consider themselves "Step..."

The subsequent movies were not like the television show, they were parodies of it... movies to poke fun at the original series. The characters were outrageous and extreme with heavy emphasis on their original television series quirks (Marcia and her hair/appearance; Jan and her geekiness and middle child syndrome; Greg and his girl chasing; Cindy and her spoiledness; Mike and his life lesson phrases etc).

The series was meant to entertain, but it was also meant to teach morals and values. The movies on the other hand were soley for entertainment and laughs.

lava1964

[3]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 1
    A better question is: why didn't the dentist take advantage of Marcia after she threw herself at him?

scooby_92

[4]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    If they would have had them get together I think the series would have been pulled.

enervator

[5]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 38
    If the series was happening now I'm sure they would hook up.

Pinkmyst

[6]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 24
    Boy how times have changed!
    Nah I don't think they should have got together, not for the era it was aired.

Kinda reminds me of Home & Away!

jcar03

[7]Apr 22, 2006
    • level: 46
    I always found it odd that the girls so quickly called Mike, Dad and the boy called Carol Mom. We never got in the heat of an arguement "You are not my real mom/dad"

jkdowney

[8]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 31
    jcar03 wrote:
    I always found it odd that the girls so quickly called Mike, Dad and the boy called Carol Mom. We never got in the heat of an arguement "You are not my real mom/dad"

And there was never discussion of their other parents...

enervator

[9]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 38

It was a big deal in the first season or so, but as time went on they got further and further away from the idea that these were two different, unrelated families melded through marriage. 

rowleyface

[10]Jul 17, 2006
    .......Barry Williams , but anyway, that would be kind of ... "ew" the show would have been cancelled in no time. ABC definitely wouldnt go for that.

rowleyface

[11]Jul 17, 2006
    well mikes wife past away, and the fate of carols husband was never decided by the writers. [[according to the book barry williams wrote.]]

cousinmaeby

[12]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    You don't have to be blood related for a person to be you brother/sister. They were, from the time they were 12/13ish raised as siblings, and regarded each other as such. Barry and Maureen (the actors) did have a little thing going on but Greg and Marcia (the characters) didn't consider the fact that they didn't share blood. It wasn't really a issue.

ceosmom

[13]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 20

If you read Barry Williams' book, "Growing Up Brady", he addresses his real-life relationship with Maureen McCormick.  They did have something going, for a brief time, and at one point it actually interfered with shooting.

A few years back, a troupe of actors in NYC had a great run acting out episodes of TBB.  I went to one of the shows; it was the episode "Getting Davy Jones".  It was acted out word for word from the script, and Davy Jones really DID appear.  When he sang "Girl, Look what you've done to Me", which he did in the actual TV show, almost everyone in the audience could sing along.  It was awesome.  At the end of the show, while the closing theme music was playing, the actors, still in costume, were on stage doing the things that the Bradys probably would have wanted to do if they were real people; Alice beating Sam, Carol shooting up, and Greg and Marcia bumping and grinding in a very un-Bradylike way.  Great Fun.

Unohu

[14]Mar 28, 2008
    Well on one episode I just finished watching It was about who would get the attic bedroom.

During one scene they had a funny scene with each other you could tell something was between the 2.

If they were not a hit. They would've had a bet to see who would get the attic.

ga68153

[15]Jul 4, 2008
    It woulda been funny if they got together but it shouldnt have happened.