The Brady Bunch

ABC (ended 1974)

boechsner

The Brady Bunch Fan Reviews (73)

• Hallmark

HimynameisFeliceD;AnnaIwantToKnowIfbeFanclubpleaseletmeKnowWithmikelockinlandIhopehearFromyouLittleboywachBradtkidsand80sveryBradyChrismasIhopehearFromyouThankyouverymuchGoodLuckHappyHoliday
  • The Brady Brats!

My mother thought this was a stupid show when I was little. I loved this show, and now I have a chance to watch this show again, right here on I think it's wonderful. This show is about a woman with three girls, and a man with three boys, come together and get married, and the kids goes through all sorts of changes trying to get used to one another and become a family. A wonderful show to watch for anyone!
  • My all time favorite sitcom!

LOVE TBB!!! They don't make TV like this anymore. Now, it all "reality Back in the 70s, television played a more important role in our daily lives because there were fewer things in competition with in. No internet, No PCs. No video games. No cable tv. America got its entertainment from regular network television. And the Brady Bunch was an important part of the ABC prime time lineup in the early 70s. One little known fact is that Robert Reid resented doing the was trained in the classics and thought the show type cast him. He also wanted the show to be more realistic and often fought with Creator/Producer, Sherwood Schwartz over scripts and story lines. In fact, Reed boycotted the show's last episode ("The Hair Brained Scheme") over a dispute with Schwartz. No one knew at the time that the show was to be cancelled before its 6th season. Had it been renewed by ABC, Reid would have been replaced or written out of the show! In summary, I LOVE this show and could watch it 24/7/
  • Oldie but Goodie

Now it is stupid. Back when it wasn't so jaded, good show.
  • Get this off my TV!

I had to put up with this extremely bad show for years (the constant repeats that is, as this show ended on TV about a decade before I was born).

I was basically the only person in my whole family who strongly despised it (most people I know love this show). However, there is always someone who disagrees isn't there? Well I am one of them. Almost every time it came on TV, I wanted to get up and leave the room. I just couldn't handle it.

I think it is one of the lamest and corniest shows that has ever been created.

I am a fan of many classic TV shows (Get Smart, Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie, The Addams Family - just to name a few), but sorry to the many legions of Brady fans, I just can't take this one.
  • Warmer memories there are not

I was barely 4 y/o when the series ended but still vaguely remember watching it in prime time as it was also one of my mother's favorite shows. Not long after the show went into syndication where I was able to watch it on our first little "color" tv (it was more like a green tint lol) after school each day. I remember fondly as one reader mentioned in another post that The Brady Bunch and my Fisher Price Little People are probably the most inherent childhood memories and attachments. Up there with Mom Mom's pot roast and Na Na's homemade chicken soup. So though to some this is just a kitschy little piece of Americana TV that certainly my kids generation (all young adults now) just may not quite get, I do get it. Right down to the funky horror show of fashion that was the '70s to the funky avocado greens and muted oranges on all of our kitchen and living room walls. It is innocent, family value fun. One of my biggest disappointments will always be how in real life Rob Reed refused to do the very last episode in which Greg graduates HS. In the end Carol throws a blurb out about how "its a shame that your father had to miss it due to traveling for business". Whenever I see that episode and hear that line I think to myself how for 5 seasons we got to know Mike Brady as a phenomenal dad who would have NEVER have missed one of his children's big milestones as HS graduation. That was a bummer way to end such an amazing series. I still watch the Brady Bunch online and am always searching for syndication on TV networks. I am one Gen X'er who is still crazy about The Bradys!
  • All Time Best Faminly Show

Lots of fun has been poked at the Brady's for their "plastic" lifestyle and values. However, these are the kind of shows that should be shown. This show was awash with values and principles. So much has changed since then. But this is how a family should be. How kids were and should be. These kids were nice, polite and courteous. These are things that need to be reinfornced more today. We should be safe from ourselves but we are not. The previous generation and mine screwed up. Now kids kill kids. Instead of helping old ladies they rob and beat them. This is not white society or culture. Sorry but it it not. Integrating minorities is a good thing but do so by elevating them to our standards not lowering ours so they can compete. We've lowered the professional and educational standards to the point that there are no more highly educated professionals in many vocations. They are trained to do a certain job only. Vocational training without the general education of the past. No everyone will never be equal. You cannot pass legislation and make it so. There is no such thing as functional equality. There is only equality under the law as should be. Give all the same opportunity. But don't give the best students a curriculum designed for qualifying less intellectual individuals.
  • I watched a few shows...

and I always enjoyed them! Why, you ask?! Well, because this family had a funny theme to each show! I loved how the ladies dress... it was so classic and the hairdos were definitely trendy for the 90's. They all "acted out" well and ALWAYS had a positive attitude from what I remember in each episode. A real safe family show to watch.
  • The Brady Bunch season 3 episode 12 Getting Davy Jones

well upon perusing your site for old TV show, i happend to come across this one. But when i went to look for this particular Brady bunch episode. It did not have it listed. What gives I wanted to watch this particular episode which was near and dear to my heart, Since with the recent passing of David Jones. It would have been nice to relive that moment again when Marcia gets to meet him in person all over again. I am not real pleased with your site if you cant deliver on one episode then why do you have all the other episodes listed.
  • I wouldn't watch this with nightvision googles.

1.4
    This is so lame, could rant about this for 30 months. It annoys me just like those commercials for Kidz Bop CDs (**** them kids for ruining songs). It is the worst show i've ever seen on public television & i can't believe people watch it. I'm just glad i don't watch it.
  • A widowed man with three boys marries a widowed lady with three girls. This family of eight plus their housekeeper, Alice, have to learn to live together.

The Brady Bunch was one of those television series that never really had one of those episodes with dramatic storylines about bad things that go on in teens lives, or anybody's lives, but it was still pretty good. I guess it was meant to a be more of a family show than anything else. There were a few really funny moments, but not that many. But that's okay, because the show was pretty decent. No foul language; The bullies in the show didn't do anything at all, so it could be boring at times. My favorite characters were Alice, the funnier one. She was the housekeeper for the Bradys. From the kids, I liked the youngest boy, Bobby, and the oldest boy, Greg. All three girls had their little attitudes. Cindy would try to act like the special one to get her way. Jan was boring and dull. Marsha was really bossy, in my opinion. But the show was still pretty good. It could of been better; But hey, it could of been a LOT worse.
  • Marcia reconsiders going to the school dance in two weeks after she gets braces. Encouraged after a heart to heart talk in the kitchen with Carol, she is shocked to find out that Alan her date is going out of town and cannot take her to the ball.

Brace Yourself shows how traumatic family members think it can be for a junior high school girl if she has no date for the school dance. Though Marcia considers not going to the major school event due to all the "barbed wire" in her mouth, her date cancels on her causing other Brady family members scrambling to find a replacement. Of all the episodes Marcia has cried, the "I'm ugly, ugly, ugly!" in front of the mirror in he bedroom ranks up there with one where Marcia loses her part of Juliet in the school play. Family members with the same desire to help her cause, come up with replacements who show up at the Brady suburban home to see Marcia one evening, but all at the same time. The story obligatorily ends happily when Alan can go to dance again and all brother sisters watch admiringly as Alan escorts Marcia to the dance.
  • Two widowed parents marry and raise their 6 kids together.

I love this show! My family and I used to watch it when I was a little girl. I can't believe this show ended as soon as it did. I really thought it should have gone on for a few more years. My favorite characters were Alice (the maid), Marcia (the older sister), and Cindy (the youngest). But then, who didn't love Cindy? She was so cute with her impaired speech and her curly blonde hair. Peter was my favorite brother character. He was so funny! Jan wasn't too bad, but she complained too much. She always got mad because she thought everyone liked Marcia better. Mike and Carol (the parents) were alright, but their idea of punishing the kids was a little...different. The same lectures repeated over and over again got pretty old. Greg and Bobby (the older and younger brother, respectively) were okay too.
  • These are one of these classic shows you'll be really laughing at!

The Brady Bunch is decent classic show with a bunch of Familys around being a Comedian. I use to watch this show not on TV land though, but something eles. It came on all the time but they changed it. So I have to find it because I think it's one of these best Classic Comedy and Family shows you'll actually love. I could really understand what they are saying and the durations to it. This is a very decent show to watch. I am really impressive in this show. In the old years, they have made lot's of comedy and good shows. You'll lve them. Even the ones where their in Black and white.
  • Marcia, Marcia, Marcia....!!!!!

Like so many have said before 6 kids... parents that get along.... all the time......... and a housekeeper, who dates the local butcher... and all by the same genius who brought us Gilligan's Island, another classic from televisions history. Have purchased several books on this show over the years and looking forward to Maureen McCormick's upcoming one..(October 14th) so a few weeks to go yet..... anyway back to the show, had a standing date to watch this show whenever I was home, and like a lot of guys and I am certain a few girls as well had a major crush on Maureen (Marcia,Marcia, Marcia) McCormick and think that some of my favorite episodes were colored by that fact, the subject was noses, the crush on the dentist one, the first one that they sang on screen in.. and so on.. greatly enjoyed the grand canyon arc one as well...... including seeing Jay Silverheels.. speaking without using the words Me-Um or Ugh.. common early tv writers ideas of native american speaking abilities, and yes I am Cherokee and Choctaw
  • no words

a family maid man with three sons going on to be men and a woman with three Dauthers going on the be womans
    who become a family they fight and get along and fight play have fun sometimes get in to troble
    and stuff breaking stealing hiking camping doing Everything they have to to stay alive
    used to watch this but now not anymore moved on grow up
    got on with my life
    now im watching shows for my age and sexy people good casts songs guest clothes and nice kids and grown up fast doing stuff and other stuff thats it for now
  • A childhood favorite!

Watching "The Brady Bunch" reruns on television was a regular childhood routine for me. What a great concept - Dad with his three boys marries mom with her three girls, and now they all live in the same house, with the housekeeper Alice. Of course, the situations and family dynamics depicted on the show bore no resemblance to real life, but "The Brady Bunch" was fun nonetheless. So many of the caracters and scenes are etched in my memory, even twenty years later (who can ever forget Jan crying, "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"; or Peter's "Pork chops and applesause"). Every once in a while, I will catch an episode on TVLand, and it will take me back to the time when I was 10 years old watching this show on my parents' couch. Now that's a classic!
  • No classification for an Overrated Show?

5.3
    I am going to add some diversity to this forum in the form of an honest opinion. I always thought the Brady Bunch was bad. Bad acting, bad writing, unrealistic, little character development. Plots didn't draw you in, and characters were pretty much interchangeable. I just do not think this was by any means a great show; and not all that entertaining. Plus, I always had the distinct feeling that Alice was a female impersonator who led a double life. Now THAT would have made this show interesting!
  • Six kids. Two parents. One house. No way.

Here's the story, of a lovely lady, who was bringing up three very lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold, like their mother, the youngest one in curls. Here's the story, of a man named Brady, who was bringing up three boys of his own. They were four men, living all together, but they were all alone. And then one day when the lady met this fellow, and they knew it was much more than hunch, that this group must some how form a family, thats the way they all became the Brady Bunch. The Brady Bunch. Thats the way they became the Brady Bunch! Ands that not even close to being it! I really enjoy this show, despite the fact, it isn't really the most funniest show on television, but it was a real decent show. It never had any bad or cussing words, though everybody had their arguments, no real bad fist fights were in the show and every episode ended with a happy ending, and everybody loving each other. Two thumbs up for this show!
  • The show that said love conquers all. A man and a women each ahving three children get together and form a family including a smart and funny housekeeper that kept everything orgainized. The show was a trendsetter and enjoyable at every turn

Greg, Peter, Bobby, Marsha, Jane, Cindy and who did you like? Maybe Alice the smart and whimsical housekeeper or Mike the husband and father and the patriarc of the clan? Or maybe Carol the pretty and well orgainized mother? Did you knoe Barry Williams who played Greg actually dated Florence Henderson who played Carol his mother on the show? They all went to Hawaii and the real actors that palyed the character all loved being together and treated Carol and Mike like there real parents. AKA Robert Reed and Florence Henderson. Robert Reed was even supposedly gay and all was kept on low profile when referring to his sexuality. He died several years ago, but all the others have come together in a special that gave them the chance to talk about there lives and the show. Even ANN B. Davis is still alive, She played Alice. I think her boyfriend on the show, Sam has died. But not real sure? What a blast to watch. Did you know that the grass in the back yard was fake? It was turf and they even mowed it? How silly was that? By the way Sam was also SGT Hacker on Gomer Pyle and played two roles on two episodes of Andy Griffith and was even Barney Heffner on All in the Family, Archies best friend.
  • Love this show! Brings back so many funny memories especially Marcia and her Ohhhhh! My nose scene! It's just a shame this show only lasted for five seasons. I wonder if there will be a spin-off.

So many funny memories and good TV movies. My fave one is when they all go to Hawaii because each child gets to experience what bad luck is light. A spin-off for the show would be good. By the way, do not blame Robbie Wrist for the cancellation it was not his fault.
  • I've lived my childhood watching re-runs of this memorable family comedy, and it will never leave me.

7.8
    By far, this is one of those sitcoms that will never die. Despite some of the corny effects and cliche storylines, The Brady Bunch will forever be a television classic of the 70s. I suppose the reason there has been such a cult following after all these years would probably be the fact that nearly every episode involoved something that the audience could relate too, or understand. Many episodes when I was younger, inspired me to encourage others, or learn to tell the truth, or "Never play ball in the house!" With all of this said, The Brady Bunch will most likely remain one of those programs that will withstand the test of time and probably still be showing somewhere on television twenty years from now, and be enjoyed by yet more generations!
  • The Brady Bunch rocks!!

A widower named Michael Paul Brady with 3 sons, Greg, Peter, and Bobby, marries a widow named Carol Ann Tyler Martin, with 3 daughters, Marcia, Jan, and Cindy. Both families move in together, along with Mike's housekeeper, Alice Nelson. So, the adventures of everyday lives begin. Mike is an architect and Carol is a housewife and freelance writer. They own a 4 bedroom, 3-4 bathroom, 1 attic house. The house is 4 stories, with the top being the attic, and a mention cellar in Peter's vase breaking episode as the very bottom. Great house, wish I lived in it. The best show on the face of the Earth.
  • I love this show a lot, it's one of my favorites.

I can remember a lot of things from this show, because i grew up watching it. Whenever, there was a marathon of it, my grandma would tape it and we would watch it together. There is no way you can choose a favorite character because they were all fantastic. I really love the theme song because it's really fun to sing along. I wish it wasn't canceled. I loved how the show had lots of funny episodes, and that it had funny situations. I don't think that anyone should pick and choose which episode is their favorite one, because this show as a whole was perfect, and great.
  • The Brady Bunch they should bring this show back.I really miss watching this show.

The Brady Bunch was one of the best shows I ever seen and they should bring it back.I really miss watching Marcia`s face on that tv.The Brady Bunch was also one of the funniest shows I ever seen but it was heart breaking to see the siblings fighting over dumb things,like the episode where Jan refuses to go to the hoedown and practice for the hoedown.That episode was pretty heartbreaking.But it got fun in the end and still I love that episode.I wish they still showed The Brady Bunch.I still really like this old classic.
  • A good family show that doesn't show much 'violence'. If you like, please continue reading my review. Just click, continue.

The Brady Bunch is another family show, that every episode has a moral, and is another one of those 'big' families. This one, containing half a dozen kids. If you don't know what half a dozen is, that means six. (Like anyone didn't know that) Bobby, the youngest boy, is a lot like me. (In the last season) His hair is more brown, curly, and thick, like mine. He was also kinda funny - not the funniest one on the show though. Peter, not that great on the show. He just wasn't the best character! Oh yeah, Peter is the middle-aged boy. Just younger than Greg, yes, Greg. The one who tries to be more mature but always ends up humiliating himself. Cindy, the youngest girl in the family, was nice, and pretty. (She was funnier earlier in the show) Janice or whatever her name was was my least favorite character. She was a goody goody and she was never real funny and made a big deal out of everything. Marsha was okay. But, as every oldest girl in a family, she could be a little bossy and could take advantage of her siblings sometimes. The parents are okay, too. They are funny a little, but Alice is more funnier. Yes, every big family has to have a housekeeper or a butler, and the Brady Bunch had a housekeeper. A hilarious character named Alice who made a joke out of everything. And, this show wasn't really the funniest show on the street, but it was a good family show that contained no fights or 'violence'. That was a good part.
  • Something was missing

A widower with 3 sons meets a single woman (never revealed what happened to her first husband) with 3 daughters. The two eventually marry and blend both families together.

And so the adventures begin, but for some reason I find the films which were made much later a lot funnier.

I liked the home cooked drama behind this one, there was nearly always a happy ending, just as it should be.
  • What a great show....

The best show i have ever seen in my life! DVD\'s are for sale, all 5 season\'s. This is such a great show i love it love it love it!The best show i have ever seen in my life! DVD\'s are for sale, all 5 season\'s. This is such a great show i love it love it love it!The best show i have ever seen in my life! DVD\'s are for sale, all 5 season\'s. This is such a great show i love it love it love it!
  • One of the best shows around!

I can't believe this show never made it into the Top 30! That makes me very sad, however this show has grown far more popular with the test of time and has become a true classic. Everyone could relate to the characters and although the family wasn't very realistic, it still provided fun-filled episodes and brought a smile to your face!
  • Really funny and very entertaining.

The Brady Bunch is one of the best comedy shows to ever hit the small screen. The producers of the show hit a jackpot with this show. slapstick humor and unsuspecting punchlines make this show really really funny. Each episode promises laughs and light hearted good clean fun. sitcoms today don't get close to the brady bunch, this is a real classic. this is a kind of show that a whole family can watch, you get a really good laugh, it's so entertaining, you don't feel like you wasted your time after you've seen it. this show is a gem that can never be recreated ever again.
< 1 2 3