The Brady Bunch

ABC (ended 1974)

boechsner

The Brady Bunch Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Really funny and very entertaining.

The Brady Bunch is one of the best comedy shows to ever hit the small screen. The producers of the show hit a jackpot with this show. slapstick humor and unsuspecting punchlines make this show really really funny. Each episode promises laughs and light hearted good clean fun. sitcoms today don't get close to the brady bunch, this is a real classic. this is a kind of show that a whole family can watch, you get a really good laugh, it's so entertaining, you don't feel like you wasted your time after you've seen it. this show is a gem that can never be recreated ever again.
  • classic

In this series, Michael Paul Brady marries Carol Ann Tyler Martin and they combine their families. Mike had three sons from a previous marriage and Carol had three daughters also from a previous marriage. Mike's previous wife had died and the fate of Carol's previous husband was never explained. However, creator Sherwood Schwartz, originally intended Carol to have been divorced, but ABC balked at that idea. So thus we have two parents (Mike and Carol),six kids (Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby & Cindy), one housekeeper (Alice), and the family dog (Tiger), all living under one roof. Thus setting the scene for one of the most popular family sitcoms of all-time.

The first season revolved mainly around the family adjusting to living together. The following seasons then revolved mainly around the six kids growing up and going through puberty and childhood adolescents.

In 1989, most of the cast returned to their roles on an episode of the short lived, series, Day by Day. The episode was called A Very Brady Episode. Interesting enough, Christopher Daniel Barnes starred in the series and would later portray Greg in the 1995 feature film, The Brady Bunch Movie and a year later in A Very Brady Sequel.

Spin-offs: The Brady Kids, The Brady Bunch Hour, The Brady Brides and The Bradys

• The brady bunch is my personal favorite show to watch! it is an amzing show for the 70's! very very, funny, a great show!

6 kids and 3 parents....A Great show and idea! Peter,Greg,Bobby,Jan,Marsha,cindy all living together in one house and with 3 parents! Personally if you want my opinion on my favorite boy character it would have to be peter,favorite girl character is cindy! Peter is adorable,hot,cute,funny! Cindy is cute,sweet,adorable,funny. All of the kids have alot of charcter in themselves! But i think that cindy and peter stand out the most! It is the funniest show from the 70's that ive ever seen! and the fashion is very groovy!!!!!!!! This show also has some very good morals! and is a great teen show!
  • Lame, corny, and juvenile...which makes it a great sitcom.

The Brady Bunch is a guilty pleasure for just about everybody. Whether we want to admit it or not, we all enjoy it.

Though the jokes are always lame, the storylines are ridiculous, and the characters can be extremely annoying, we all enjoy watching this show. This ground-breaking series about a man with three kids marrying a woman with three kids made television history. Young or old, just about everybody on the face of this earth has seen and (whether they want to admit it or not) enjoyed The Brady Bunch.

Thanks to reruns being shown all the time on TVLand, this show can be enjoyed by people of all ages!
  • fine 70's programming

6.4
    this is one of the most popular shows of all time. has this show ever went off the air. this show influence all of pop culture. the stories were hokie but hell, it was the 70's. it's amazing how many people have watched this show over the years in countries all over the world.
  • The Brady Bunch was advancing technology way before the US

The Brady Bunch was secretly building a new type of bomb when the LAPD arrived with the FBI. The bomb was designed to disintigrate a person but not there clothes or any other items. The show however gave away the hint. In one episodes they used a microwave. What? you may say but take this into consideration: the microwave wasn\'t invented for 10 more years! Next during another episode they invited a guest star named Einstein. Also there is a photo of them at the Manhatten project which their names were on the bill. Sothatswhy I like the Show. It_has_hisotry_and_facts.
  • love this show

The Brady Bunch was a show that I grew up watching every night at 8:00 on Nick at Night. This show was before my time but I didnt care. I love how even though this show was cancelled a long time ago, it was still a good enough sucess to have a few spin-off's and to have 2 movies made out of the show. When I was little, I always thought Marcia was hot. lol. I think the Brady Bunch was, is, and forever will be a great show for the whole family to enjoy for years to come. :)
  • Another of those 1970 family comedys.

This was a funny comedy about two people, each with three children, getting married and making a new family. This show will probably be considered pretty corny by today's generation. At the time it was very funny and of course taught valuable lessons. The parents were played by Robert Reed as Mike Brady and Florence Henderson as Carol Brady. Mike had three sons Barry Williams as Greg Brady, Christopher Knight as Peter Brady and Mike Lookinland as Bobby Brady. Carol had three daughters Maureen McCormick as Marcia Brady, Eve Plumb as Jan Brady and Susan Olsen as Cynthia "Cindy" Brady. Mike also had a house keeper Alice that stayed on to help out with the household, she was played by Ann B. Davis. rounding out the family was the dog"Tiger". The show was very fun and entertaining. If you want your kids to have good morales, judgement and manors have them watch this or Leave it to Beaver. You wont regret it. This show will not feature any gangster rap. There were also several great sports guest stars. Don Drysdale, Joe Namath and wes parker to name a few.
  • Even though the brady bunch was WAY before my time I still cant get enough of it! It\'s so awesome.

I love this show. It 's so funny that it 's a show from like the 60 's and 70 's and people today still watch it that really amazes me. But I dont wonder why they do. It 's a classic. It 's fun and more or less addicting. I mean I just cant stop watching this show. But it fun to watch 6 kids put in a house to live toghter becasue their parents got married and Alice in the middle of all of it. But I honestly like seeing them now. It 's so funny cause their all old well older and I 'll see some of them in a magiazine or something when I 'm watching the Brady Bunch and it 's like whoa....! But it 's cool to. All I have to say is it would have been cool to be a brady!
  • I watched the very first episode when it was first broadcast with my sisters and mom. We were hooked. I still am.

I loved the parents, the kids, the house and I thought the housekeeper was neat. I was also from a family of six kids and in some respects the Brady family's life was a little idealized, but over all the warm loving family, with the usual kid spats, rang true then and now. The first season, as I recall had a lot of episodes that dealt gently with issues of blending the two families, addressing typical kid fears and anxieties. I wish there were shows like this for my kids in the evening, but these days I watch it with my little ones. Most episodes feature a quaint and foreign practice from a bygone era that I had to explain to my older son. He asked why the kids were dressed up when they came home from school. I explained that back then, i.e. in my day, kids dressed up for school in school clothes, even at public school, and when they came home from school they changed into play clothes. He thought that was the strangest and funniest thing he'd ever heard!
  • My moms favorite and also one of mines.

My mom had it on the T.V. one day so I decided to watch it and I ended up really likeing it. I think this show was ment to stay but america just got board with it. I bet it would be better in the 21st century with all the new gadgets they can certenly make alot of new adventures.
  • The Brady Bunch before my Time, but a great show.

The Brady Bruch featured a blinded family, A guy (Mike) who has 3 boys, and a woman (Carol) who has 3 beautiful Daughters, get married and live together along with the house keeper Alice.

This was a great show, it has humor, and great family moments, It was the type of show that you could watch with your family, the boys would always get into trouble,and sometimes get the girls invloved, of course the girls had their share of problems too.

My two favorite characters where Alice and Cindy, Alice because she was funny and Cindy, because I had a crush on her and she was so cute.

This show was an old show that was on before I was born, But I watch it on Nick at Nite from time to time.
  • Brady Bunch. A few words come to mind. These words including, perfect, awesome, spectacular, wonderful, well you get the idea.

Always a great classic! The whole plot of the series is clever and comical. My personal favorites of the group are Bobby, Cindy, and Greg. Alice always makes me laugh. The Brady bunch have gone threw soooooo many adventures. The one flaw is that Tiger left the show too early and Fluffy was there for one episode! Whether it's being lost at the Grand Cantyon or Jane needing glasses, the family always pulls threw. There's a special something about the Brady Bunch that keeps auydiences drawn to the screen. Most shows have really special episodes. but the Brady Bunch has at least 18 classic episodes. That's what I truly love about this show. And everything else you can think of!
  • This is a very good show, but...

6.8
    This is a very good show, but I think it's pretty pitiful how Robert Reed died from aids. This is a show my parents used to watch and now I watch it. that's not something that amuses me is aids, if it weren't for gay people aids wouldn't exist! Gayness is wrongness, except for happy gay. I do still like the show, but barely see it anymore. I like Alice, marcia, Jan, Cindy, Carol, Greg, Mike (usually), Peter, Bobby, Sam, and Oliver. to bad this show was on long before my time. well i goota go watch the brady bunch marathon on tv land.
  • Gimme a B, gimme a R, gimme an A, gimme a D, gimme a Y, what does that spell? BRADY!!!!

Man, how could you not love this show! This has got to be one of the best and classic shows of all time. This is a really cute show with all these kids that were going through the same stuff as just about anyone was going through those days (well, maybe except becoming a teen sensation and getting your own variety show). It could really relate to you. But I think what I liked a lot about this show is that it's just wholesome quality family television! There wasn't any profanity, sexual content, nothing! It was just a normal family. It might have been a little cheesy, but you could seriously learn something from the Bradys! The Bradys were the family everyone wanted to be in and they certainly were put in a great place in pop culture.
  • Classic comedy about two people, each with three children, getting married and making a new family.

The show was very fun and entertaining. If you want your kids to have good morales, judgement and manors have them watch this or Leave it to Beaver. You wont regret it. A great family show.

• I have seen every episode and love them all.

The Brady Bunch is my all time favorite comedy series.

Mike has 3 sons, Carol has 3 daughters, they fall in love get married and then solve every problem in 30 minutes or less (except for the few to be continued episodes).

The show dealt with many issues of growing up from being apart of a blended family to puberty to sibling rivalry.

Each episode was filled with laughs.

• cool show

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
  • That's the way they became the Brady Bunch.

Even though the Brady Bunch was on the air about 15 years before I was born, I still find the show to be very entertaining and fun to watch, just to see what the kids got themselves into and how Mike and Carol would handle any particular situation that possibly came their ways. It is also interesting to how to families would come together in marriage to become a blended family and deal with the new everyday problems that can happen when getting used to living together. Another thing that made the show really fun to watch was the loveable housekeeper Alice. She was so entertaining to watch when she was helping the Brady's with their lives, or when she would get scared out of her mind when she is unwittingly at the recieving end of one or all of the kids pranks. In all, I find that the Brady Bunch is one entertaining show to watch and enjoy catching the repeats of the show on TVLand or in the DVD sets.
  • Peter and Jan and Cindy oh my

I remember when I was young and The Brady Bunch came on the air, It was so thrilling and so interesting. When watching it for the first time in the era it was set in the show was quite interesting. I can see for those who are younger who watch or watched it on reruns now a days how out of sorts it might be. But back in the day when it was meant to be seen things were just right with the show. You got a show where you had a blended family. Quite uncommon for those times. You found that they shared fussing and fighting amougnst them. You found pranks and higinx there as well. But when it came down to it you found love between all the kids. I remember many of my friends wanted to be a part of the Brady Bunch. It was quite an extordinary show back in the day.
  • This was my favorite show--when I was eight years old. Okay, I still watch it today. I still love Peter's volcano and the corny episodes where Marcia is hung up on Desi Arnaz Jr. and Davey Jones. Jan's awful plaid hiphuggers have to go, though!

Another slice of Americana that has endured well beyond its initial five year run. This show has become way more popular in reruns than it ever was during its 1969 to 1974 network time. (Having said that, I religiously watched it every Friday night from its beginning until its cancellation.) My one gripe with the show is that it strayed from its roots. Most of the best written episodes dealt with the merging of the two families. After the first season, this was hardly ever mentioned--except in the title song of course. The show seemed to "lose it" when they decided the kids were going to be rock stars. (The plots for the fifth and final season were pretty wacky.) Still, it had its moments. Was there ever a better maid/housekeeper in televison history than Alice Nelson? Hey, I'll keep watching those reruns. Maureen McCormick circa 1973 is still rather fetching.
  • I Love This Show It soooo much better than the lame spinoffs it has.

I like this show. This show is about a mother named Carol who has 3 lovely girls named Marcia, Jan & Cindy, A man named Mike Brady who has 3 sons Greg, Peter & Bob. They also has a maid named Alice. man I love this show it the best sictoms of the 70's. Nick at nite should have never taken this show & replaced it with something really lame like Roseanne, The Cobsy Show. Tvland should put this in a better timeslot & should replaced Good Times & What Happening. I could gave this show a 10.0.
  • OK, NOT THAT GOOD

Hm.. what can I say about the Brady Bunch? I like watching this series is because how close the family are. I wish I had brothers and sisters! I love the maid. I think her name is Alice ( correct me if I am wrong ) Sometimes this show is really good and sometimes it gets a little boring and dragging. But most of the time it is pretty good. My favorite charcter has to be Cindy! So cute! I love that little girl! And the two ponytails! How cute! Oh.. Yea I love Greg too! The cuteest boy brady ever! ^ _ ^
  • the classification speaks for itself

i just can't get enough brady bunch, i watch it every time i get the chance! they need to show it more often! i'm not sure what draws me to the show....maybe it's the characters, maybe it's the comedy, maybe it's because of marcia, marcia, marcia! it is one of the best sitcoms of its time! i hope that in 50 to 100 years the show is still showing because as the old generation passes away a new generation of people can come to watch it, it needs to have as many fans then as it does now! it's a classic!
  • It is amazing how popular repeats are even years after the show has finished.

It is amazing how popular repeats are even years after the show has finished.
    I will still watch episodes I have seen 100 times before and still find them amusing. I liked some of the spin off movies and specials that they did when they were older but they are rarely shown these days.
    Like lots of people Marcia was my favorite because she was the oldest girl like me but I had a soft spot for Jan too.
  • Favorite!

This is one of my all-time favorites of all time! The Brady Bunch was one of my first favorite shows, i saw it first in reruns when i was about 3, and have loved it ever since. I love all the characters, all the adventures, and all the details and contradictions.Not to mention those groovy flower power shirts and 70's lingo. Every day afer school, i would hurry home to see it at 3:35 on TBS. I have too many favorite lines and scenes to add in this short reveiw. But Cindy is my favorite Brady kid and Alice is a favorite, too.
    Sam the buthcer is a good guy, very goofy and always craking meat-related jokes. I can probably relate most of the episodes word for word i have seen them so many times-but they never get old. I like the show because it is a gentle escape, and while many say no family liek this exsist(and in this age,a lot don't)but i can guarentee that some do.They're are real life Brady Bunches, or at least people similar to the Brady kids. I have 2 Brady books, have seens "A Very Brady Christmas", the new Brady (fake) movies, and all the spins-offs, and now own all the regular, uncut episodes released up to this point. What can i say? I would just like to thank the genius of Sherwood Schwartz and his team, for giving the world this beloved show-and i can guarentee-as long as there are new generatiosn of kids(and adults) this show will live on. Long live the Bradys!
  • O My Nose the Brady Bunch is a tv favorite

The Brady Bunch is what you would call a true classic. Bobby being saftey moniter. Cindy the tattletale. Peter's changing voice and breaking mom's vase. Marcia and her nose and when somethinng suddenly came up. Greg whipping out in Hawii and Jan's creepy voice that she can here. Go Bradys your awsome and my 5Th favorite show.
    Best Season: 4
    Best Episode Hawii Bound Part One
  • A classic that never seems to lose its strangly odd amusing charm

The Brady Bunch was a great show. What made them so special was that they are unlike any family the ever exsisted, no faimly would ever do the things they do and get along so well. If that was my family i would be forced to kill them because they were just way to happy all the time. If their grandmother died they would probably just have some sort of celebration or party after. A times you think the characters of the show are almost mocking themeselves becuase of their always \"happy\" attitude. The Brady Bunch is a classic that nobody will ever be able to duplicate.
  • Here's a story of a lovely lady...and a story of a man named Brady...la la la la la la...etc.

I rate this show a ten. I would rate it higher but ten is highest. I adore this show. Although it's a bit sugar coated and doesn't have modern day problems. It was a show who cared about family values. I never get tired of seeing the reruns many times over. We find out through biographies and special programs that there was a lot more drama and controversy going on behind the scenes. There's too much to tell here.

The movie and reunions are very well done too. I have seen every one. The movie is cast well with actors from the series showing up in places. If you haven't seen this series yet you don't know what you're missing. It's a classic ahead of its time.
  • Put two different families in a house and watch the fireworks. Great show.

Here's a story....a definite classic. I can still remember the first episode with the wedding (the disastrous wedding). This show is about family and sticking together. And even though you aren't related by blood, you can still co-exist together as a family. Marsha trying to prove she's every bit as good as the boys are, Jan who was the awkward middle child, often jeolous of her older sister, and Cindy who was known as the "tattle tale". Mike was always looking up to his brothers, Peter and Greg, and me being the only girl in the family, I relate to that. It's one of those shows that has a moral or lesson behind every episode.
1 2 3