The Brady Bunch

ABC (ended 1974)

boechsner

The Brady Bunch Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

• One of my all time favorites

This show is a classic. I remember watching this every Friday night. I grew up watching this show and wishing I was one of the Brady kids. Who wouldn't want two parents like Mike and Carol. And after all every half hour ended in happiness, what is better than that?
  • This stuff is explained all in the theme song. It is about a man, Mike, and a wife, Carol, with 3 kids each, Greg, Marcia, Jan, Peter, Bobby and Cindy, and they meet and they learn to cope with each other along with Mike's maid named Alice.

I absoultely LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Most people are like, "This is horrible and cheesy" I freaken' hate them! This is a really cute show and most of us can relate. Every show there is something that happens wrong, major or small. There are also some infamous moments. Go and watch it.
  • When the show was cancelled, it went into reruns and was badgered like other seventies icons, such as Nixon, the Oscars and disco. It was hated during the eighties, while Gilligan\'s Island was fun. That has all changed now

Sherwood Schwartz knew what he was doing, it seems. Mike Lookinland was apparently the best choice for Bobby Brady that his hair was colored to look dark like Barry Williams and Chris Knight.

The show ran the gamut; from Cindy at 6 to Greg at 18 (tho Barry was 20).
  • This man name Mr Brady has 3 boys name Bobby, Greg and Peter. Well Mike Brady meets this women name Carol. Carol has 3 daughters with gold hair name Marsha, Jan,Cindy. Carol falls inlove with Mike Brady. They get married. And then the family becomes from

This is one of my all time favorite shows. My mom grew up watching this show. So did I..Kinda. I mean Ive only seen the reruns considering the fact that im only 19. Anyways, This show is like the perfect all american family. Something that my family will never be. Like how they sit down to dinner, Breakfeast, Talk out their problems. Perfect all american family. Exscept this family isnt for real. And theres no such thing as the perfect family. I dont care if your Donald Trump, Or George Bush.
  • I enjoyed this show years ago, but the more and more I watch the reruns, the less interesting it is.

I don't know why, but the show isn't as funny as it was to me when I was younger. Is it getting dated. Or is the idea of 6 kids living in one house a little far fetched now.

Anyways, I do catch an episode from time to time on TV Land, but that's usually just because I have nothing else to do.
  • It’s a story of the perfect step family.

Two families combine creating an instant family of six kids and everything is perfect. Hard to believe? Not if you’re a Brady.

You’ve gotta love the good ol’ days were sitcoms like the Brady Bunch existed. Where words such as ‘swell’ and ‘golly gee’ where the everyday vocabulary and talk of the weekly sock hop was the ultimate shebang that consumed an entire episode. Even still, the Brady Bunch was a decent show that corroborated entertaining themes and clean viewing. If you’re looking for entertainment for the kiddies – this is it.

The Brady Bunch is family tuning at its best – or perhaps at its worse depending upon which opinion you seek. I enjoyed the Brady Bunch. Yeah it might have been a far-fetched story of what seemed like the perfect family living in the perfect world – but it was still enjoyable. And who says a show has to be inundated with sex, violence and shrill language to be deemed good. Certainly not me. In an industry that seems to be going down hill fast with a waterslide of reality shows it’s nice to think about what TV. used to be – entertaining.
  • What do you get when you take six totally different kids, join them as brothers and sisters by marriage and put them in a house with a dog, their parents and a housekeeper named Alice? A TV classic.

Who hasn't seen 'The Brady Bunch?' This was truly one of the best sitcoms in television history. Not because the writing or acting was especially great but because of the impact it made on the industry. I mean 'The Brady Bunch' was everywhere and still is everywhere decades after the show was cancelled. Who doesn't remember Mike, Carol, Alice, Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, and Cindy? Each person gave something different to the show. And while some...most of the episodes aren't completely realistic it still is fun to watch and wonder what you would do in the situation. I'm sure everyone has at one time wanted to be a Brady. They are an ideal family to live with. I don't think anyone will ever forget 'The Brady Bunch.'
  • Its the story... of a funny sitcom!

The Brady Bunch was only on for a few seasons but it was a great family comedy for its time. The first few seasons were filled with classic moments such as: Marsha's football nose, Bobby and his Tiki God, The Brady's selling their house, and Tiger knocking over the card house. However, even though this is a fun, classic show the last few episodes were terrible. If you can let these few episodes slide you will have a blast watching the Brady's mow their astroturf, harass their live-in maid, and get into corney delimas. I beleive you will enjoy this show the most on a "stay home sick day".
  • One of my all-time favorites!

My brother-in-law once told me that if the Brady Bunch was on any channel at any time of the day, I would find it. That's pretty much the truth. I have seen the episodes countless times and can recite various patches of dialogue from memory. I don't know exactly what it is that has made this show the pop culture sensation that it has become. Maybe the Bradys just represented the big, happy family that we all wished we had. Maybe, as Ann Davis once said, it was a show that always left us with a sense of hope. Maybe, in some way, it appealed to our higher consciousness and better sense of self. Regardless, the Brady Bunch continues to remain one of the greatest symbols in our pop-culture consciousness. Long may it live in reruns.
  • It's like a comfortable pair of old shoes!

The Brady Bunch isn't particularly funny. But humor isn't where its charm lies - it's in this magical house where nothing gets dirty (except when the family puts on a show to make Alice stay in the first episode) kids never hit each other, meals are always on time and delicious, Carol never has PMS, Mike never looks at another woman, Alice is never in a suicidal depression, and hair is always blonde, combed and perfect. For an hour a day, kids get to have another family, and other parents. They get to watch other kids get lectured on the ugly orange and yellow furniture in the house. They get to sympathize with Jan about Marcia, because, let's face it, her character is a pain in the neck on the show. Marcia is easiest to make fun of when she's screaming, "I'm ugly UGLY UGLY!" when she goes through the ordeal of braces. You wonder how she'd deal with a real tragedy like an amputation, burns over 90% of her body, or a spinal cord injury the way she carries on.

This is just one of many scenes of the BB that we secretly enjoy when no one's looking. However, we love this show because it's a part of our childhood.

• One of the Greatest Of All-Time

While I was born 20 years after the show first aired , the Brady Bunch is and always will be one of the greatest sitcoms of all time along with The Cosby Show and Happy Days. And suprising its the only show I have ever seen in television history were the husband and wige argue all the time, something that plagues modern sitcoms.
  • The Classic Series Of A Lovley Lady Married To A Man Named Brady....With six kids and a housekeeper to boot!

Never gained the sucess it deserved during the 5 year prime time run,with many cleverly plotted epiosdes, it never got into the top 30.
    The series was about Mike Brady who married Carol Martin, each had 3 kids,Mike 3 sons,and Carol 3 daughters.
    The series started off as the family adjusting to the life of a bigger family.
    By season 2, the brother/sister combos started to happened.
    By season 5, the youngest of the kids were getting being Pre teen/Teen years, and Cousin Oliver made the scene for the new cute kid blood,was a bit late as the series ended it's run about 6 episodes later.
    The Brady Bunch is proberly the most paradized but much more the most loved family,still bringing loads of fans and might always will.
  • Its the story of a lovely lady(Carol),who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls(Marcia,Jan,Cindy).Its the story of a man named Brady who was busy with 3 boys of his own(Greg,Peter,Bobby) You know the rest.....

The Brady Bunch is probably one of the worst sitcoms in history but it had a cult following like nothing since....Some kids played house.... My cousin and I played The Brady Bunch.It has it's own cartoon,3 different series with a reunion cast. and several tv movies,an off broadway show , As well as two successful movies(with an updated cast). The Brady Bunch was it for me.... The world stopped Fridays at 8:00....Remember I was 5 at the time.... But when I was punished from watching the 3 Hawaii episodes I thought my life was over....Here I am 41 and still remember that. To be honest if I knew then that I would have the opportunity to see those episodes 5 million more times,I might not have been too upset.. Just think what they could do with the premise now????In the new millenium it could be its own desperate housewife?The blended family with kids that like each other so much that they start sleeping together???That would be a bit too much but I dont think a show that sweet could exist today Do you?
  • This is the type of show that everybody has seen quite a few times, but nobody wants to admit to seeing it or be caught watching it.

"The Brady Bunch" is an American classic, like it or not. It exemplified the late 60s and early 70s type of folksy family comedy that could be seen on primetime TV. Other examples included the Waltons and the Partridge Family. Of all of them though, this one had the most staying power and continues to enjoy the most fame. It even had enough cult appeal to have a couple of movies made in the 90s that were satirizing it, plus a couple of really AWFUL spinnoffs in the 70s and 80s. (You know these spinnofs, such as the Brady Bunch Variety Hour and the Brady Brides...ugh.)

However, for all the cornball humor that is the Brady Bunch, it is still strangely kind of fun to watch. You really hardly will laugh at all...but it's like you know the characters so well and you know you've seen most every episode, you find yourself stuck watching it for some reason.

The Brady Bunch is one of America's most famous TV families and will remain that way for some time to come. It's still popular in syndication, and doesn't show much signs of stopping.
1 2 3 >