The Brady Bunch

ABC (ended 1974)

boechsner

The Brady Bunch Fan Reviews (74)

• This is the type of show that everybody has seen quite a few times, but nobody wants to admit to seeing it or be caught watching it.

"The Brady Bunch" is an American classic, like it or not. It exemplified the late 60s and early 70s type of folksy family comedy that could be seen on primetime TV. Other examples included the Waltons and the Partridge Family. Of all of them though, this one had the most staying power and continues to enjoy the most fame. It even had enough cult appeal to have a couple of movies made in the 90s that were satirizing it, plus a couple of really AWFUL spinnoffs in the 70s and 80s. (You know these spinnofs, such as the Brady Bunch Variety Hour and the Brady Brides...ugh.)

However, for all the cornball humor that is the Brady Bunch, it is still strangely kind of fun to watch. You really hardly will laugh at all...but it's like you know the characters so well and you know you've seen most every episode, you find yourself stuck watching it for some reason.

The Brady Bunch is one of America's most famous TV families and will remain that way for some time to come. It's still popular in syndication, and doesn't show much signs of stopping.
  • Its the story of a lovely lady(Carol),who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls(Marcia,Jan,Cindy).Its the story of a man named Brady who was busy with 3 boys of his own(Greg,Peter,Bobby) You know the rest.....

The Brady Bunch is probably one of the worst sitcoms in history but it had a cult following like nothing since....Some kids played house.... My cousin and I played The Brady Bunch.It has it's own cartoon,3 different series with a reunion cast. and several tv movies,an off broadway show , As well as two successful movies(with an updated cast). The Brady Bunch was it for me.... The world stopped Fridays at 8:00....Remember I was 5 at the time.... But when I was punished from watching the 3 Hawaii episodes I thought my life was over....Here I am 41 and still remember that. To be honest if I knew then that I would have the opportunity to see those episodes 5 million more times,I might not have been too upset.. Just think what they could do with the premise now????In the new millenium it could be its own desperate housewife?The blended family with kids that like each other so much that they start sleeping together???That would be a bit too much but I dont think a show that sweet could exist today Do you?
  • The Classic Series Of A Lovley Lady Married To A Man Named Brady....With six kids and a housekeeper to boot!

Never gained the sucess it deserved during the 5 year prime time run,with many cleverly plotted epiosdes, it never got into the top 30.
    The series was about Mike Brady who married Carol Martin, each had 3 kids,Mike 3 sons,and Carol 3 daughters.
    The series started off as the family adjusting to the life of a bigger family.
    By season 2, the brother/sister combos started to happened.
    By season 5, the youngest of the kids were getting being Pre teen/Teen years, and Cousin Oliver made the scene for the new cute kid blood,was a bit late as the series ended it's run about 6 episodes later.
    The Brady Bunch is proberly the most paradized but much more the most loved family,still bringing loads of fans and might always will.
  • One of the Greatest Of All-Time

While I was born 20 years after the show first aired , the Brady Bunch is and always will be one of the greatest sitcoms of all time along with The Cosby Show and Happy Days. And suprising its the only show I have ever seen in television history were the husband and wige argue all the time, something that plagues modern sitcoms.
  • It's like a comfortable pair of old shoes!

The Brady Bunch isn't particularly funny. But humor isn't where its charm lies - it's in this magical house where nothing gets dirty (except when the family puts on a show to make Alice stay in the first episode) kids never hit each other, meals are always on time and delicious, Carol never has PMS, Mike never looks at another woman, Alice is never in a suicidal depression, and hair is always blonde, combed and perfect. For an hour a day, kids get to have another family, and other parents. They get to watch other kids get lectured on the ugly orange and yellow furniture in the house. They get to sympathize with Jan about Marcia, because, let's face it, her character is a pain in the neck on the show. Marcia is easiest to make fun of when she's screaming, "I'm ugly UGLY UGLY!" when she goes through the ordeal of braces. You wonder how she'd deal with a real tragedy like an amputation, burns over 90% of her body, or a spinal cord injury the way she carries on.

This is just one of many scenes of the BB that we secretly enjoy when no one's looking. However, we love this show because it's a part of our childhood.

• One of my all-time favorites!

My brother-in-law once told me that if the Brady Bunch was on any channel at any time of the day, I would find it. That's pretty much the truth. I have seen the episodes countless times and can recite various patches of dialogue from memory. I don't know exactly what it is that has made this show the pop culture sensation that it has become. Maybe the Bradys just represented the big, happy family that we all wished we had. Maybe, as Ann Davis once said, it was a show that always left us with a sense of hope. Maybe, in some way, it appealed to our higher consciousness and better sense of self. Regardless, the Brady Bunch continues to remain one of the greatest symbols in our pop-culture consciousness. Long may it live in reruns.
  • Its the story... of a funny sitcom!

The Brady Bunch was only on for a few seasons but it was a great family comedy for its time. The first few seasons were filled with classic moments such as: Marsha's football nose, Bobby and his Tiki God, The Brady's selling their house, and Tiger knocking over the card house. However, even though this is a fun, classic show the last few episodes were terrible. If you can let these few episodes slide you will have a blast watching the Brady's mow their astroturf, harass their live-in maid, and get into corney delimas. I beleive you will enjoy this show the most on a "stay home sick day".
  • What do you get when you take six totally different kids, join them as brothers and sisters by marriage and put them in a house with a dog, their parents and a housekeeper named Alice? A TV classic.

Who hasn't seen 'The Brady Bunch?' This was truly one of the best sitcoms in television history. Not because the writing or acting was especially great but because of the impact it made on the industry. I mean 'The Brady Bunch' was everywhere and still is everywhere decades after the show was cancelled. Who doesn't remember Mike, Carol, Alice, Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, and Cindy? Each person gave something different to the show. And while some...most of the episodes aren't completely realistic it still is fun to watch and wonder what you would do in the situation. I'm sure everyone has at one time wanted to be a Brady. They are an ideal family to live with. I don't think anyone will ever forget 'The Brady Bunch.'
  • It’s a story of the perfect step family.

Two families combine creating an instant family of six kids and everything is perfect. Hard to believe? Not if you’re a Brady.

You’ve gotta love the good ol’ days were sitcoms like the Brady Bunch existed. Where words such as ‘swell’ and ‘golly gee’ where the everyday vocabulary and talk of the weekly sock hop was the ultimate shebang that consumed an entire episode. Even still, the Brady Bunch was a decent show that corroborated entertaining themes and clean viewing. If you’re looking for entertainment for the kiddies – this is it.

The Brady Bunch is family tuning at its best – or perhaps at its worse depending upon which opinion you seek. I enjoyed the Brady Bunch. Yeah it might have been a far-fetched story of what seemed like the perfect family living in the perfect world – but it was still enjoyable. And who says a show has to be inundated with sex, violence and shrill language to be deemed good. Certainly not me. In an industry that seems to be going down hill fast with a waterslide of reality shows it’s nice to think about what TV. used to be – entertaining.
  • I enjoyed this show years ago, but the more and more I watch the reruns, the less interesting it is.

I don't know why, but the show isn't as funny as it was to me when I was younger. Is it getting dated. Or is the idea of 6 kids living in one house a little far fetched now.

Anyways, I do catch an episode from time to time on TV Land, but that's usually just because I have nothing else to do.
  • This man name Mr Brady has 3 boys name Bobby, Greg and Peter. Well Mike Brady meets this women name Carol. Carol has 3 daughters with gold hair name Marsha, Jan,Cindy. Carol falls inlove with Mike Brady. They get married. And then the family becomes from

This is one of my all time favorite shows. My mom grew up watching this show. So did I..Kinda. I mean Ive only seen the reruns considering the fact that im only 19. Anyways, This show is like the perfect all american family. Something that my family will never be. Like how they sit down to dinner, Breakfeast, Talk out their problems. Perfect all american family. Exscept this family isnt for real. And theres no such thing as the perfect family. I dont care if your Donald Trump, Or George Bush.
  • When the show was cancelled, it went into reruns and was badgered like other seventies icons, such as Nixon, the Oscars and disco. It was hated during the eighties, while Gilligan\'s Island was fun. That has all changed now

Sherwood Schwartz knew what he was doing, it seems. Mike Lookinland was apparently the best choice for Bobby Brady that his hair was colored to look dark like Barry Williams and Chris Knight.

The show ran the gamut; from Cindy at 6 to Greg at 18 (tho Barry was 20).
  • This stuff is explained all in the theme song. It is about a man, Mike, and a wife, Carol, with 3 kids each, Greg, Marcia, Jan, Peter, Bobby and Cindy, and they meet and they learn to cope with each other along with Mike's maid named Alice.

I absoultely LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Most people are like, "This is horrible and cheesy" I freaken' hate them! This is a really cute show and most of us can relate. Every show there is something that happens wrong, major or small. There are also some infamous moments. Go and watch it.
  • One of my all time favorites

This show is a classic. I remember watching this every Friday night. I grew up watching this show and wishing I was one of the Brady kids. Who wouldn't want two parents like Mike and Carol. And after all every half hour ended in happiness, what is better than that?
  • Put two different families in a house and watch the fireworks. Great show.

Here's a story....a definite classic. I can still remember the first episode with the wedding (the disastrous wedding). This show is about family and sticking together. And even though you aren't related by blood, you can still co-exist together as a family. Marsha trying to prove she's every bit as good as the boys are, Jan who was the awkward middle child, often jeolous of her older sister, and Cindy who was known as the "tattle tale". Mike was always looking up to his brothers, Peter and Greg, and me being the only girl in the family, I relate to that. It's one of those shows that has a moral or lesson behind every episode.
  • Here's a story of a lovely lady...and a story of a man named Brady...la la la la la la...etc.

I rate this show a ten. I would rate it higher but ten is highest. I adore this show. Although it's a bit sugar coated and doesn't have modern day problems. It was a show who cared about family values. I never get tired of seeing the reruns many times over. We find out through biographies and special programs that there was a lot more drama and controversy going on behind the scenes. There's too much to tell here.

The movie and reunions are very well done too. I have seen every one. The movie is cast well with actors from the series showing up in places. If you haven't seen this series yet you don't know what you're missing. It's a classic ahead of its time.
  • A classic that never seems to lose its strangly odd amusing charm

The Brady Bunch was a great show. What made them so special was that they are unlike any family the ever exsisted, no faimly would ever do the things they do and get along so well. If that was my family i would be forced to kill them because they were just way to happy all the time. If their grandmother died they would probably just have some sort of celebration or party after. A times you think the characters of the show are almost mocking themeselves becuase of their always \"happy\" attitude. The Brady Bunch is a classic that nobody will ever be able to duplicate.
  • O My Nose the Brady Bunch is a tv favorite

The Brady Bunch is what you would call a true classic. Bobby being saftey moniter. Cindy the tattletale. Peter's changing voice and breaking mom's vase. Marcia and her nose and when somethinng suddenly came up. Greg whipping out in Hawii and Jan's creepy voice that she can here. Go Bradys your awsome and my 5Th favorite show.
    Best Season: 4
    Best Episode Hawii Bound Part One
  • Favorite!

This is one of my all-time favorites of all time! The Brady Bunch was one of my first favorite shows, i saw it first in reruns when i was about 3, and have loved it ever since. I love all the characters, all the adventures, and all the details and contradictions.Not to mention those groovy flower power shirts and 70's lingo. Every day afer school, i would hurry home to see it at 3:35 on TBS. I have too many favorite lines and scenes to add in this short reveiw. But Cindy is my favorite Brady kid and Alice is a favorite, too.
    Sam the buthcer is a good guy, very goofy and always craking meat-related jokes. I can probably relate most of the episodes word for word i have seen them so many times-but they never get old. I like the show because it is a gentle escape, and while many say no family liek this exsist(and in this age,a lot don't)but i can guarentee that some do.They're are real life Brady Bunches, or at least people similar to the Brady kids. I have 2 Brady books, have seens "A Very Brady Christmas", the new Brady (fake) movies, and all the spins-offs, and now own all the regular, uncut episodes released up to this point. What can i say? I would just like to thank the genius of Sherwood Schwartz and his team, for giving the world this beloved show-and i can guarentee-as long as there are new generatiosn of kids(and adults) this show will live on. Long live the Bradys!
  • It is amazing how popular repeats are even years after the show has finished.

It is amazing how popular repeats are even years after the show has finished.
    I will still watch episodes I have seen 100 times before and still find them amusing. I liked some of the spin off movies and specials that they did when they were older but they are rarely shown these days.
    Like lots of people Marcia was my favorite because she was the oldest girl like me but I had a soft spot for Jan too.
  • the classification speaks for itself

i just can't get enough brady bunch, i watch it every time i get the chance! they need to show it more often! i'm not sure what draws me to the show....maybe it's the characters, maybe it's the comedy, maybe it's because of marcia, marcia, marcia! it is one of the best sitcoms of its time! i hope that in 50 to 100 years the show is still showing because as the old generation passes away a new generation of people can come to watch it, it needs to have as many fans then as it does now! it's a classic!
  • OK, NOT THAT GOOD

Hm.. what can I say about the Brady Bunch? I like watching this series is because how close the family are. I wish I had brothers and sisters! I love the maid. I think her name is Alice ( correct me if I am wrong ) Sometimes this show is really good and sometimes it gets a little boring and dragging. But most of the time it is pretty good. My favorite charcter has to be Cindy! So cute! I love that little girl! And the two ponytails! How cute! Oh.. Yea I love Greg too! The cuteest boy brady ever! ^ _ ^
  • I Love This Show It soooo much better than the lame spinoffs it has.

I like this show. This show is about a mother named Carol who has 3 lovely girls named Marcia, Jan & Cindy, A man named Mike Brady who has 3 sons Greg, Peter & Bob. They also has a maid named Alice. man I love this show it the best sictoms of the 70's. Nick at nite should have never taken this show & replaced it with something really lame like Roseanne, The Cobsy Show. Tvland should put this in a better timeslot & should replaced Good Times & What Happening. I could gave this show a 10.0.
  • This was my favorite show--when I was eight years old. Okay, I still watch it today. I still love Peter's volcano and the corny episodes where Marcia is hung up on Desi Arnaz Jr. and Davey Jones. Jan's awful plaid hiphuggers have to go, though!

Another slice of Americana that has endured well beyond its initial five year run. This show has become way more popular in reruns than it ever was during its 1969 to 1974 network time. (Having said that, I religiously watched it every Friday night from its beginning until its cancellation.) My one gripe with the show is that it strayed from its roots. Most of the best written episodes dealt with the merging of the two families. After the first season, this was hardly ever mentioned--except in the title song of course. The show seemed to "lose it" when they decided the kids were going to be rock stars. (The plots for the fifth and final season were pretty wacky.) Still, it had its moments. Was there ever a better maid/housekeeper in televison history than Alice Nelson? Hey, I'll keep watching those reruns. Maureen McCormick circa 1973 is still rather fetching.
  • Peter and Jan and Cindy oh my

I remember when I was young and The Brady Bunch came on the air, It was so thrilling and so interesting. When watching it for the first time in the era it was set in the show was quite interesting. I can see for those who are younger who watch or watched it on reruns now a days how out of sorts it might be. But back in the day when it was meant to be seen things were just right with the show. You got a show where you had a blended family. Quite uncommon for those times. You found that they shared fussing and fighting amougnst them. You found pranks and higinx there as well. But when it came down to it you found love between all the kids. I remember many of my friends wanted to be a part of the Brady Bunch. It was quite an extordinary show back in the day.
  • That's the way they became the Brady Bunch.

Even though the Brady Bunch was on the air about 15 years before I was born, I still find the show to be very entertaining and fun to watch, just to see what the kids got themselves into and how Mike and Carol would handle any particular situation that possibly came their ways. It is also interesting to how to families would come together in marriage to become a blended family and deal with the new everyday problems that can happen when getting used to living together. Another thing that made the show really fun to watch was the loveable housekeeper Alice. She was so entertaining to watch when she was helping the Brady's with their lives, or when she would get scared out of her mind when she is unwittingly at the recieving end of one or all of the kids pranks. In all, I find that the Brady Bunch is one entertaining show to watch and enjoy catching the repeats of the show on TVLand or in the DVD sets.
  • cool show

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
  • I have seen every episode and love them all.

The Brady Bunch is my all time favorite comedy series.

Mike has 3 sons, Carol has 3 daughters, they fall in love get married and then solve every problem in 30 minutes or less (except for the few to be continued episodes).

The show dealt with many issues of growing up from being apart of a blended family to puberty to sibling rivalry.

Each episode was filled with laughs.

• Classic comedy about two people, each with three children, getting married and making a new family.

This show will probably be considered pretty corny by today's generation. At the time it was very funny and of course taught valuable lessons.

The parents were played by Robert Reed as Mike Brady and Florence Henderson as Carol Brady. Mike had three sons Barry Williams as Greg Brady, Christopher Knight as Peter Brady and Mike Lookinland as Bobby Brady. Carol had three daughters Maureen McCormick as Marcia Brady, Eve Plumb as Jan Brady and Susan Olsen as Cynthia "Cindy" Brady. Mike also had a house keeper Alice that stayed on to help out with the household, she was played by Ann B. Davis. rounding out the family was the dog"Tiger".

The show was very fun and entertaining. If you want your kids to have good morales, judgement and manors have them watch this or Leave it to Beaver. You wont regret it. A great family show.

• Gimme a B, gimme a R, gimme an A, gimme a D, gimme a Y, what does that spell? BRADY!!!!

Man, how could you not love this show! This has got to be one of the best and classic shows of all time. This is a really cute show with all these kids that were going through the same stuff as just about anyone was going through those days (well, maybe except becoming a teen sensation and getting your own variety show). It could really relate to you. But I think what I liked a lot about this show is that it's just wholesome quality family television! There wasn't any profanity, sexual content, nothing! It was just a normal family. It might have been a little cheesy, but you could seriously learn something from the Bradys! The Bradys were the family everyone wanted to be in and they certainly were put in a great place in pop culture.
< 1 2 3