The Brady Bunch

ABC (ended 1974)

boechsner

The Brady Bunch Fan Reviews (74)

• I wouldn't watch this with nightvision googles.

1.4
    This is so lame, could rant about this for 30 months. It annoys me just like those commercials for Kidz Bop CDs (**** them kids for ruining songs). It is the worst show i've ever seen on public television & i can't believe people watch it. I'm just glad i don't watch it.
  • Get this off my TV!

I had to put up with this extremely bad show for years (the constant repeats that is, as this show ended on TV about a decade before I was born).

I was basically the only person in my whole family who strongly despised it (most people I know love this show). However, there is always someone who disagrees isn't there? Well I am one of them. Almost every time it came on TV, I wanted to get up and leave the room. I just couldn't handle it.

I think it is one of the lamest and corniest shows that has ever been created.

I am a fan of many classic TV shows (Get Smart, Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie, The Addams Family - just to name a few), but sorry to the many legions of Brady fans, I just can't take this one.
  • No classification for an Overrated Show?

5.3
    I am going to add some diversity to this forum in the form of an honest opinion. I always thought the Brady Bunch was bad. Bad acting, bad writing, unrealistic, little character development. Plots didn't draw you in, and characters were pretty much interchangeable. I just do not think this was by any means a great show; and not all that entertaining. Plus, I always had the distinct feeling that Alice was a female impersonator who led a double life. Now THAT would have made this show interesting!
  • fine 70's programming

6.4
    this is one of the most popular shows of all time. has this show ever went off the air. this show influence all of pop culture. the stories were hokie but hell, it was the 70's. it's amazing how many people have watched this show over the years in countries all over the world.
  • Lame, corny, and juvenile...which makes it a great sitcom.

The Brady Bunch is a guilty pleasure for just about everybody. Whether we want to admit it or not, we all enjoy it.

Though the jokes are always lame, the storylines are ridiculous, and the characters can be extremely annoying, we all enjoy watching this show. This ground-breaking series about a man with three kids marrying a woman with three kids made television history. Young or old, just about everybody on the face of this earth has seen and (whether they want to admit it or not) enjoyed The Brady Bunch.

Thanks to reruns being shown all the time on TVLand, this show can be enjoyed by people of all ages!
  • no words

a family maid man with three sons going on to be men and a woman with three Dauthers going on the be womans
    who become a family they fight and get along and fight play have fun sometimes get in to troble
    and stuff breaking stealing hiking camping doing Everything they have to to stay alive
    used to watch this but now not anymore moved on grow up
    got on with my life
    now im watching shows for my age and sexy people good casts songs guest clothes and nice kids and grown up fast doing stuff and other stuff thats it for now
  • Its the story of a lovely lady(Carol),who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls(Marcia,Jan,Cindy).Its the story of a man named Brady who was busy with 3 boys of his own(Greg,Peter,Bobby) You know the rest.....

The Brady Bunch is probably one of the worst sitcoms in history but it had a cult following like nothing since....Some kids played house.... My cousin and I played The Brady Bunch.It has it's own cartoon,3 different series with a reunion cast. and several tv movies,an off broadway show , As well as two successful movies(with an updated cast). The Brady Bunch was it for me.... The world stopped Fridays at 8:00....Remember I was 5 at the time.... But when I was punished from watching the 3 Hawaii episodes I thought my life was over....Here I am 41 and still remember that. To be honest if I knew then that I would have the opportunity to see those episodes 5 million more times,I might not have been too upset.. Just think what they could do with the premise now????In the new millenium it could be its own desperate housewife?The blended family with kids that like each other so much that they start sleeping together???That would be a bit too much but I dont think a show that sweet could exist today Do you?
  • OK, NOT THAT GOOD

Hm.. what can I say about the Brady Bunch? I like watching this series is because how close the family are. I wish I had brothers and sisters! I love the maid. I think her name is Alice ( correct me if I am wrong ) Sometimes this show is really good and sometimes it gets a little boring and dragging. But most of the time it is pretty good. My favorite charcter has to be Cindy! So cute! I love that little girl! And the two ponytails! How cute! Oh.. Yea I love Greg too! The cuteest boy brady ever! ^ _ ^
  • The Brady Bunch was advancing technology way before the US

The Brady Bunch was secretly building a new type of bomb when the LAPD arrived with the FBI. The bomb was designed to disintigrate a person but not there clothes or any other items. The show however gave away the hint. In one episodes they used a microwave. What? you may say but take this into consideration: the microwave wasn\'t invented for 10 more years! Next during another episode they invited a guest star named Einstein. Also there is a photo of them at the Manhatten project which their names were on the bill. Sothatswhy I like the Show. It_has_hisotry_and_facts.
  • This is a very good show, but...

6.8
    This is a very good show, but I think it's pretty pitiful how Robert Reed died from aids. This is a show my parents used to watch and now I watch it. that's not something that amuses me is aids, if it weren't for gay people aids wouldn't exist! Gayness is wrongness, except for happy gay. I do still like the show, but barely see it anymore. I like Alice, marcia, Jan, Cindy, Carol, Greg, Mike (usually), Peter, Bobby, Sam, and Oliver. to bad this show was on long before my time. well i goota go watch the brady bunch marathon on tv land.
  • I enjoyed this show years ago, but the more and more I watch the reruns, the less interesting it is.

I don't know why, but the show isn't as funny as it was to me when I was younger. Is it getting dated. Or is the idea of 6 kids living in one house a little far fetched now.

Anyways, I do catch an episode from time to time on TV Land, but that's usually just because I have nothing else to do.
  • Another of those 1970 family comedys.

This was a funny comedy about two people, each with three children, getting married and making a new family. This show will probably be considered pretty corny by today's generation. At the time it was very funny and of course taught valuable lessons. The parents were played by Robert Reed as Mike Brady and Florence Henderson as Carol Brady. Mike had three sons Barry Williams as Greg Brady, Christopher Knight as Peter Brady and Mike Lookinland as Bobby Brady. Carol had three daughters Maureen McCormick as Marcia Brady, Eve Plumb as Jan Brady and Susan Olsen as Cynthia "Cindy" Brady. Mike also had a house keeper Alice that stayed on to help out with the household, she was played by Ann B. Davis. rounding out the family was the dog"Tiger". The show was very fun and entertaining. If you want your kids to have good morales, judgement and manors have them watch this or Leave it to Beaver. You wont regret it. This show will not feature any gangster rap. There were also several great sports guest stars. Don Drysdale, Joe Namath and wes parker to name a few.
  • My moms favorite and also one of mines.

My mom had it on the T.V. one day so I decided to watch it and I ended up really likeing it. I think this show was ment to stay but america just got board with it. I bet it would be better in the 21st century with all the new gadgets they can certenly make alot of new adventures.
  • Put two different families in a house and watch the fireworks. Great show.

Here's a story....a definite classic. I can still remember the first episode with the wedding (the disastrous wedding). This show is about family and sticking together. And even though you aren't related by blood, you can still co-exist together as a family. Marsha trying to prove she's every bit as good as the boys are, Jan who was the awkward middle child, often jeolous of her older sister, and Cindy who was known as the "tattle tale". Mike was always looking up to his brothers, Peter and Greg, and me being the only girl in the family, I relate to that. It's one of those shows that has a moral or lesson behind every episode.
  • It's like a comfortable pair of old shoes!

The Brady Bunch isn't particularly funny. But humor isn't where its charm lies - it's in this magical house where nothing gets dirty (except when the family puts on a show to make Alice stay in the first episode) kids never hit each other, meals are always on time and delicious, Carol never has PMS, Mike never looks at another woman, Alice is never in a suicidal depression, and hair is always blonde, combed and perfect. For an hour a day, kids get to have another family, and other parents. They get to watch other kids get lectured on the ugly orange and yellow furniture in the house. They get to sympathize with Jan about Marcia, because, let's face it, her character is a pain in the neck on the show. Marcia is easiest to make fun of when she's screaming, "I'm ugly UGLY UGLY!" when she goes through the ordeal of braces. You wonder how she'd deal with a real tragedy like an amputation, burns over 90% of her body, or a spinal cord injury the way she carries on.

This is just one of many scenes of the BB that we secretly enjoy when no one's looking. However, we love this show because it's a part of our childhood.

• What do you get when you take six totally different kids, join them as brothers and sisters by marriage and put them in a house with a dog, their parents and a housekeeper named Alice? A TV classic.

Who hasn't seen 'The Brady Bunch?' This was truly one of the best sitcoms in television history. Not because the writing or acting was especially great but because of the impact it made on the industry. I mean 'The Brady Bunch' was everywhere and still is everywhere decades after the show was cancelled. Who doesn't remember Mike, Carol, Alice, Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, and Cindy? Each person gave something different to the show. And while some...most of the episodes aren't completely realistic it still is fun to watch and wonder what you would do in the situation. I'm sure everyone has at one time wanted to be a Brady. They are an ideal family to live with. I don't think anyone will ever forget 'The Brady Bunch.'
  • This was my favorite show--when I was eight years old. Okay, I still watch it today. I still love Peter's volcano and the corny episodes where Marcia is hung up on Desi Arnaz Jr. and Davey Jones. Jan's awful plaid hiphuggers have to go, though!

Another slice of Americana that has endured well beyond its initial five year run. This show has become way more popular in reruns than it ever was during its 1969 to 1974 network time. (Having said that, I religiously watched it every Friday night from its beginning until its cancellation.) My one gripe with the show is that it strayed from its roots. Most of the best written episodes dealt with the merging of the two families. After the first season, this was hardly ever mentioned--except in the title song of course. The show seemed to "lose it" when they decided the kids were going to be rock stars. (The plots for the fifth and final season were pretty wacky.) Still, it had its moments. Was there ever a better maid/housekeeper in televison history than Alice Nelson? Hey, I'll keep watching those reruns. Maureen McCormick circa 1973 is still rather fetching.
  • The show that said love conquers all. A man and a women each ahving three children get together and form a family including a smart and funny housekeeper that kept everything orgainized. The show was a trendsetter and enjoyable at every turn

Greg, Peter, Bobby, Marsha, Jane, Cindy and who did you like? Maybe Alice the smart and whimsical housekeeper or Mike the husband and father and the patriarc of the clan? Or maybe Carol the pretty and well orgainized mother? Did you knoe Barry Williams who played Greg actually dated Florence Henderson who played Carol his mother on the show? They all went to Hawaii and the real actors that palyed the character all loved being together and treated Carol and Mike like there real parents. AKA Robert Reed and Florence Henderson. Robert Reed was even supposedly gay and all was kept on low profile when referring to his sexuality. He died several years ago, but all the others have come together in a special that gave them the chance to talk about there lives and the show. Even ANN B. Davis is still alive, She played Alice. I think her boyfriend on the show, Sam has died. But not real sure? What a blast to watch. Did you know that the grass in the back yard was fake? It was turf and they even mowed it? How silly was that? By the way Sam was also SGT Hacker on Gomer Pyle and played two roles on two episodes of Andy Griffith and was even Barney Heffner on All in the Family, Archies best friend.
  • love this show

The Brady Bunch was a show that I grew up watching every night at 8:00 on Nick at Night. This show was before my time but I didnt care. I love how even though this show was cancelled a long time ago, it was still a good enough sucess to have a few spin-off's and to have 2 movies made out of the show. When I was little, I always thought Marcia was hot. lol. I think the Brady Bunch was, is, and forever will be a great show for the whole family to enjoy for years to come. :)
  • cool show

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
  • A good family show that doesn't show much 'violence'. If you like, please continue reading my review. Just click, continue.

The Brady Bunch is another family show, that every episode has a moral, and is another one of those 'big' families. This one, containing half a dozen kids. If you don't know what half a dozen is, that means six. (Like anyone didn't know that) Bobby, the youngest boy, is a lot like me. (In the last season) His hair is more brown, curly, and thick, like mine. He was also kinda funny - not the funniest one on the show though. Peter, not that great on the show. He just wasn't the best character! Oh yeah, Peter is the middle-aged boy. Just younger than Greg, yes, Greg. The one who tries to be more mature but always ends up humiliating himself. Cindy, the youngest girl in the family, was nice, and pretty. (She was funnier earlier in the show) Janice or whatever her name was was my least favorite character. She was a goody goody and she was never real funny and made a big deal out of everything. Marsha was okay. But, as every oldest girl in a family, she could be a little bossy and could take advantage of her siblings sometimes. The parents are okay, too. They are funny a little, but Alice is more funnier. Yes, every big family has to have a housekeeper or a butler, and the Brady Bunch had a housekeeper. A hilarious character named Alice who made a joke out of everything. And, this show wasn't really the funniest show on the street, but it was a good family show that contained no fights or 'violence'. That was a good part.
  • A classic that never seems to lose its strangly odd amusing charm

The Brady Bunch was a great show. What made them so special was that they are unlike any family the ever exsisted, no faimly would ever do the things they do and get along so well. If that was my family i would be forced to kill them because they were just way to happy all the time. If their grandmother died they would probably just have some sort of celebration or party after. A times you think the characters of the show are almost mocking themeselves becuase of their always \"happy\" attitude. The Brady Bunch is a classic that nobody will ever be able to duplicate.
  • Realistic, not unrealistic, classic.

This show has been made fun of by critics and others as a silly tv show, as the family is too good to be true. However, any one who has watched all the episodes can identify with this tv family, as one that resembles their own family. The kids are constantely arguing, teasing, and competing with each other. Not the unrealistic, ideal family that it's detractors dismiss. Recurring themes, such as Jan being the middle child, in the shadow of Marcia,, and Bobby being insecure about his lack of height, show that this show did a remarkable job identifying with it's audience. Not an easy task for many shows.
  • Hallmark

HimynameisFeliceD;AnnaIwantToKnowIfbeFanclubpleaseletmeKnowWithmikelockinlandIhopehearFromyouLittleboywachBradtkidsand80sveryBradyChrismasIhopehearFromyouThankyouverymuchGoodLuckHappyHoliday
  • I watched a few shows...

and I always enjoyed them! Why, you ask?! Well, because this family had a funny theme to each show! I loved how the ladies dress... it was so classic and the hairdos were definitely trendy for the 90's. They all "acted out" well and ALWAYS had a positive attitude from what I remember in each episode. A real safe family show to watch.
  • Six kids. Two parents. One house. No way.

Here's the story, of a lovely lady, who was bringing up three very lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold, like their mother, the youngest one in curls. Here's the story, of a man named Brady, who was bringing up three boys of his own. They were four men, living all together, but they were all alone. And then one day when the lady met this fellow, and they knew it was much more than hunch, that this group must some how form a family, thats the way they all became the Brady Bunch. The Brady Bunch. Thats the way they became the Brady Bunch! Ands that not even close to being it! I really enjoy this show, despite the fact, it isn't really the most funniest show on television, but it was a real decent show. It never had any bad or cussing words, though everybody had their arguments, no real bad fist fights were in the show and every episode ended with a happy ending, and everybody loving each other. Two thumbs up for this show!
  • Warmer memories there are not

I was barely 4 y/o when the series ended but still vaguely remember watching it in prime time as it was also one of my mother's favorite shows. Not long after the show went into syndication where I was able to watch it on our first little "color" tv (it was more like a green tint lol) after school each day. I remember fondly as one reader mentioned in another post that The Brady Bunch and my Fisher Price Little People are probably the most inherent childhood memories and attachments. Up there with Mom Mom's pot roast and Na Na's homemade chicken soup. So though to some this is just a kitschy little piece of Americana TV that certainly my kids generation (all young adults now) just may not quite get, I do get it. Right down to the funky horror show of fashion that was the '70s to the funky avocado greens and muted oranges on all of our kitchen and living room walls. It is innocent, family value fun. One of my biggest disappointments will always be how in real life Rob Reed refused to do the very last episode in which Greg graduates HS. In the end Carol throws a blurb out about how "its a shame that your father had to miss it due to traveling for business". Whenever I see that episode and hear that line I think to myself how for 5 seasons we got to know Mike Brady as a phenomenal dad who would have NEVER have missed one of his children's big milestones as HS graduation. That was a bummer way to end such an amazing series. I still watch the Brady Bunch online and am always searching for syndication on TV networks. I am one Gen X'er who is still crazy about The Bradys!
  • Love this show! Brings back so many funny memories especially Marcia and her Ohhhhh! My nose scene! It's just a shame this show only lasted for five seasons. I wonder if there will be a spin-off.

So many funny memories and good TV movies. My fave one is when they all go to Hawaii because each child gets to experience what bad luck is light. A spin-off for the show would be good. By the way, do not blame Robbie Wrist for the cancellation it was not his fault.
  • classic

In this series, Michael Paul Brady marries Carol Ann Tyler Martin and they combine their families. Mike had three sons from a previous marriage and Carol had three daughters also from a previous marriage. Mike's previous wife had died and the fate of Carol's previous husband was never explained. However, creator Sherwood Schwartz, originally intended Carol to have been divorced, but ABC balked at that idea. So thus we have two parents (Mike and Carol),six kids (Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby & Cindy), one housekeeper (Alice), and the family dog (Tiger), all living under one roof. Thus setting the scene for one of the most popular family sitcoms of all-time.

The first season revolved mainly around the family adjusting to living together. The following seasons then revolved mainly around the six kids growing up and going through puberty and childhood adolescents.

In 1989, most of the cast returned to their roles on an episode of the short lived, series, Day by Day. The episode was called A Very Brady Episode. Interesting enough, Christopher Daniel Barnes starred in the series and would later portray Greg in the 1995 feature film, The Brady Bunch Movie and a year later in A Very Brady Sequel.

Spin-offs: The Brady Kids, The Brady Bunch Hour, The Brady Brides and The Bradys

• The brady bunch is my personal favorite show to watch! it is an amzing show for the 70's! very very, funny, a great show!

6 kids and 3 parents....A Great show and idea! Peter,Greg,Bobby,Jan,Marsha,cindy all living together in one house and with 3 parents! Personally if you want my opinion on my favorite boy character it would have to be peter,favorite girl character is cindy! Peter is adorable,hot,cute,funny! Cindy is cute,sweet,adorable,funny. All of the kids have alot of charcter in themselves! But i think that cindy and peter stand out the most! It is the funniest show from the 70's that ive ever seen! and the fashion is very groovy!!!!!!!! This show also has some very good morals! and is a great teen show!
< 1 2 3