The Bridge Forums

CTV (ended 2010)

Americanization of the show after CBS picks it up

Mighty_Enthu

[1]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 1

Terrific show. I loved the power-play among the top echelons of the police. Powerful storyline plus great action.

Being a Canuck and Torontonian, I could easily identify the locales and the backdrops of this show (It is shot in Toronto).

http://thebridgetv.com/2010/03/21/episode-location-photos/

I believe it started off with CTV only and then after a couple of episodes, CBS picked it up. One can see the influence of CBS trying to make this into an American show - (1) it started getting less and less Toronto police specific; (2) police departments got a change of name, e.g. SIU (Special Investigations Unit) of the Toronto police became IA (Internal Affairs).

Hope this show continues to the next season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hoeech

[2]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 66
    Mighty_Enthu wrote:

Terrific show. I loved the power-play among the top echelons of the police. Powerful storyline plus great action.

Being a Canuck and Torontonian, I could easily identify the locales and the backdrops of this show (It is shot in Toronto).

I believe it started off with CTV only and then after a couple of episodes, CBS picked it up. One can see the influence of CBS trying to make this into an American show - (1) it started getting less and less Toronto police specific; (2) police departments got a change of name, e.g. SIU (Special Investigations Unit) of the Toronto police became IA (Internal Affairs).

Actually, the show goes to great lengths NOT to identify itself as Canadian or American. Even the license plates on the cars do not identify a state or a province. CBS didn't "pick up" the show -- they simply haven't aired it yet. They've been co-sponsoring the show since the premiere and have just as much claim on it as CTV does. I do agree that the show is truly stellar and worthy of a long successful run.

laurameyer

[3]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 58
    Mighty_Enthu wrote:

I think Only ctv picked it not sure about CBS. I can't find the link to post.

gdavis101

[4]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 5

Great show! Its gritty, exciting and doesn't bore you with crime scene investigation. Nice work!

danharr

[5]Jul 13, 2010
    • level: 46

Hoeech is right this show is trying to not be part of any particular country they are doing a good job at sending it right down the middle. Plus the producers shouldn't have to work over time anybody who doesn't know this isn't an American show isn't worth the time anyway.

Edited on 07/13/2010 2:57pm

flwr1993

[6]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 5
    CBS did pick it up and it has aired 3 episodes already, however, now I cannot find it for next weeks show list.

hveshdon

[7]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 1

I have never heard of this show, no wonder if canceled. Its probably like the handmade jewelry that no one likes wear, that grandma used to wear.