The Bridge

Wednesday 10:00 PM on FX Premiered Jul 10, 2013 In Season

sfskip

The Bridge Fan Reviews (13)

• Nope. Not good enough.

After a pretty good pilot and a few stellar episodes, I found myself really struggling to continue watching this show. I think the acting is not always good, especially when it comes to side-characters (Diane Kruger is fine, but not great), but my bigger issue is the awkward and perplexing storylines that (8 episodes in) haven't payed off yet and I find it really difficult to wait for them to do. So, no more 'The Bridge' for me, thanks.
  • Stop making USA versions

Bron - Broen is as good as it gets Don't make remakes ! learn to read subtitles and enjoy the real thing

Like the killing and Life on Mars There is no need for remakes at all
  • Dare to cross The Bridge

Brilliant layered drama. Like an onion, you peel back the skin and you never know what to expect, is it good or is it rotten. Gripping, heartfelt performances by Diane Kruger (Sonya) and Demian Bichir (Marco) as they journey thru intrigue, murder and tons of mystery. The ensemble cast is excellent each giving you one helluva performance. Written and directed with such expertise that sometimes you don't even realize that you the viewer are being manipulated carefully thru the story. If you haven't watched the first season, I highly recommend it. EMMY nominations next year for this series.
  • Autistic

Finally, a show that doesn't rely on a format to keep us watching. Interesting characters that always leave us asking why and wanting more. Diane Krugar is excellent as the asperger-afflicted-outside-the-box-thinking detective and I find Thomas Wright's Steven Linder fascinating. A very unique character driven series. There should be more shows like this that are more true to life instead of the candy that wraps everything up in a nice neat little bow every week and dumbs us down.
  • Quite good but sometimes confusing

I like this show, and find the leads an interesting study in contrasts. There is an intensity to the episodes and the story arc has stayed interesting so far.

However, the show has an annoying habit of introducing characters out of nowhere, leading me to always be saying, what's going on here? Sometimes it will be a few episodes before it's clear how that character ties in to the main thread, and sometimes it feels like the relationship is never more than tangential. Eight episodes in and I'm still not sure why we're following certain characters or what their deal is, and sometimes it really gets on my nerves.

I haven't seen the original, so I can't compare, but on it's own, it's an interesting show.
  • For a remake - it works!

The casting is close to the original. As with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Bridge feels as a copy of something else. At first, that is, then it changes direction and has a plot of its own. Im just watching season two of Bron in Europe. That makes me wonder how they will play this out at the Mexican border.

Anticipation to see what theyll do.

I think The Bridge has a good and unique tone, apart from the main stream block busters of SCI and the likes. Its a fresh flavour.

Im enjoying both sides of this series, the Swedish/Danish and the US/Mexican.

A bit hesitant at a French/UK version that is announced to be made...

Cheers!
  • The bridge - Crazy and amazing!

I am really hooked on this show! love the theme song acting! love seeing some writing for a person with shows so many simular things with my son. it's a heavy drama and I think a bloody good one!
  • Another crime drama with a politcal agenda

This would get a better rating if it wasn't for the heavy handed propagandizing for illegal aliens. How many times does one of the cast have to comment that they're just coming here looking for a better life.
  • This could be a great show...

... if it wasn't just a remake. Did anyone see oryginal "Bron / Broen"? Sofia Helin as Saga Noren is brilliant and Diane Kruger can't do anything about it. Her Sonia North character is just written much worse! And it's no fun, if you know how it ends. Thou, cast and crew do their best.
  • Violent, profane, and excellent

Always interested in new detective/procedural series, I watched the pilot. Favorably impressed by a dramatic show with very skilled acting, excellent photography, AND NO CAMERA JERKING! Thanks to the producers for that. The lack of a musical soundtrack in most scenes is also refreshing, allowing me to pay attention to the characters and the mood created by the arid west Texas landscape.

I had no knowledge of the book on which it's based, nor on a previous tv series or Danish origins, but I can see the similarity in mood to "The Killing," another series I admire and watch regularly. And "Justified" also bears some signs of the serious intensity and extreme violence and profanity of this series. Character relationships in "The Bridge" leave some things unanswered, such as the relationship between Detective Sonya and her supervisor - why he brought her in and makes such an allowance for her inability to relate to others emotionally.

Some political viewpoints and preaching are evident to me - the disparity between Mexican culture in Juarez versus El Paso, for example, is portrayed as being unjust. The producers push sympathy for illegal immigration, but the powerful and evil influence of drug cartels seems realistic. The violence and murders across the border are clearly a result of the American market for drugs.

What have we done to our neighbor? Why don't we see the connection between US addicts and the death culture in Mexico? The producers are making this evident through a gripping, yet somewhat depressing, drama. I won't miss any episodes - in fact, I've watched most of them twice to be sure I don't miss any important details, such as the surprise guest spot by Lyle Lovett. How did he become such a capable actor, subtle yet sinister? I continue to be impressed by the production crew and assembly of acting talent.
  • Re: Cobo

The Bridge is based on a show about detectives hunting a serial killer! It kinda therefore has to be a show about detectives hunting a serial killer and could only have been (in your opinion) 'extremely lame' and never a 'good show'
  • Fix This Show

The Bridge could have been a good show, but it's not.

Diane Kruger and Demian Bichir are terrific,

but shows that focus on a serial killer are extremely lame.
  • Asperger syndrome detective

Another Scandinavian crime drama series given a US makeover. Too early to tell if Diane Kruger who plays Detective Sonya North in the US version is as deliciously looney tunes as Sofia Helin who played homicide detective Saga Noren in the Swedish/ Danish TV series. From the pilot it seems to stay true to the original, what happens when Detective Sonya North seeks out a sexual partner will be interesting.