The Bronx Is Burning Forums

ESPN (Mini-Series 2007)

good or bad?

Dirk4MVP

[1]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 41
    Who all thinks this show is good and who all thinks this show is bad? I think its pretty good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Helostwin

[2]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 18
    Hey, Matt! I really like it. And my dad says it is pretty accurate. He just got out of HS the year b4and was a BIG Yankees fan. So am I (but you know that already).

kelley0528

[3]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 14
    I will freely admit to being a Yankee-hater, but I am loving this show! I even feel sorry for Billy Martin, and in 1977, I swore he was the DEVIL, and deserved Steinbrenner! (Yeah, I was around then, in high school, no less!) Great perspective here, no matter if you love 'em or hate'em.

DaGamePhreak

[4]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 9
    kelley0528 wrote:
    I will freely admit to being a Yankee-hater, but I am loving this show! I even feel sorry for Billy Martin, and in 1977, I swore he was the DEVIL, and deserved Steinbrenner! (Yeah, I was around then, in high school, no less!) Great perspective here, no matter if you love 'em or hate'em.

Same. I'm a Tiger fan all the way. This is still a fantastic show. The final episode is on right now behind me. Back to watching it.

tdogg1992

[5]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    i totally hate the yankees. im a red sox fan for sure. but i was loving that show. im a lil young and wasnt around during that era. but i love it. reggie jackson has become one of my fave players of all time. i knew some about him prior to the show but i know more about him now. great show!

alloutsports11

[6]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 2
    Ya im a little young too but a huge baseball fan, and this show really gave me a look into the '77 Yankees. Plus, i learned way more about the relationship between Billy Martin, Reggie Jackson, and George Steinbrenner.