The Bugs Bunny Show

ABC (ended 1972)

shengongwu3000

The Bugs Bunny Show Fan Reviews (12)

7.8
  • Bugs Bunny is an enduring American cultural icon.

Bugs Bunny is, of course, an enduring American cultural icon. The embodiment of the smart-mouthed underdog. For over 60 years Bugs has been making the world laugh, an astonishingly long career.

The animation quality is remarkably good. The character design of Bugs Bunny changed over the years. He started off a bit goofy, but quickly became the smooth and sophisticated prankster the world fell in love with.

Like any hero, Bugs needs great villains to play off of. And Bugs rogues gallery is top notch. Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and eternal rival Daffy Duck top the list.

The Bugs Bunny stories are short and distilled. Seemingly simple plots, like hunter chases rabbit, are surprisingly engaging 60 years later and enjoyable by children and adults from generation to generation.

Since Bugs Bunny rarely resorted to topical humor, these iconic stories have held up much better than other cartoons that quickly become dated once their original era has passed.

Bugs Bunny has been with us for 60 years and, in all likelihood, we'll still be hearing his Brooklyn wise-cracks 60 years from now. An amazing cultural icon.
  • Bugs Bunny and the gang are up to their antics again in another one of very many classic Looney Toons shows. Directed by legendary people.

Whoever brings back the Looney Toons would make a killing in any primetime or daytime slot period. It would be just common sense. I'll say this about the looney toons until the cows come home WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE? I mean seriously adorable animals being lovable? Whoever is out there that hates the looney toons dig up your heart from wherever you left it and start loving!
  • They're looney and they're zany. They are Bugs Bunny and friends from Warner Brothers Looney Toons.

The Bugs Bunny Show features animated hysteria that provides hours of side splitting laughs for the whole family. I watched it since I was a kid and I always enjoyed it. My favourite Characters were Bugs and Daffy. My least favourite characters were Pepe Le Pew and Foghorn Leghorn. Its always good to see the zany characters of warner brothers looney toons chasing each other, wacking each other with things, attempting to hunt each other down and hurting themselves in the process. When will they ever learn... Regular characters include Bugs, Daffy, Elmer Fudd, Wile E Coyote, Road Runner, Tweety and Sylvester, Granny, Yosemite Sam and Pepe Le Pew. It is a great show for fun times and for lifting your spirits if you are feeling down and out. I highly recommend it. Every person needs a Looney fix for good health. Haha! No seriously, you have just gotta get into the Looney Toons. You don't know what you're missing if you've never watched Bugs Bunny and the Looney Toons.
  • "Overture/curtain, lights/This is it/the night of nights."... Oh, man-what could be closer to heaven than the best of the golden years of Warner Brothers animation? As a kid in the 60's (and a 50+ year-old now), I couldn't get enough of these characters!

"Overture/curtain, lights/This is it/the night of nights"... With this vaudevillian song and dance number by Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck began some of the most enjoyable hours of TV-watching I have ever known in my life-period.

Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies have enchanted me since I first laid eyes on them as a child. And the depth and richness of them still fascinate me as an adult. One of the biggest misconceptions about these animated shorts is that they are for kids. Nothing could be further from the truth. While I enjoyed them immensely in my youth, (and children all over the world still do) I am constantly amazed at the double entendres, in-jokes, historical and cultural references, and sight gags that are only visible to me now, from my adult vantage point. And, just a note for those who are too young to have experienced this: these cartoons used to air in theaters before movies (instead of the onslaught of advertisments and coming attractions that we are now subjected to). Can you imagine the joy of watching these gems, uncut, in their full glory, in a darkened theater full of other delighted patrons?

Bugs, Daffy, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester, Tweety Bird, Yosemite Sam, The Tasmanian Devil, Road Runner, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian- it boggles the mind to imagine that all of these richly layered portrayals are largely the work of one man: the insanely talented Mel Blanc. Of course, much credit has to be given to the animators, writers and directors (Robert McKimson being among my favorites), but Mel's voice was the magic that breathed life into those unforgettable characters. It may seem like a gross overstatement, but these guys became an inextricable part of my youthful memories; so much so that I was always strangely despondent, nearly to the point of tears, when the Looney Tunes characters would trot out on stage at the end of the hour to sing the finale that signaled the end of the show- and the end of yet another unforgettable hour when the perfect convergence of brilliant creative talent and a young mind hungry for the joy of escape met and, for a glorious moment, hit the heights of entertainment.

"And, oh, what heights we'll hit/On with the show, this is it!"
  • this is the best show ever, we all grew up on these episodes, even though they were made before alot of us were born, and then the newer Bugs Bunny came and that was good, but this is the original.

You gotta love that, this is were it all started were would Warner Brothers be without Bugs Bunny, sure they make movies and have/had a network, but some of there fame came from this classic show, which entertained millions of us when we were growing up. I can't say enough about it, I wish they showed the re-runs of this anymore, but it doesn't seem like they do, not even for the Bugs Bunny & Tweety show which came much later. You can watch the same one many times and it's still hilarious, and not just Bugs Bunny, but all of the characters.
  • Miss the show! Bring it back!

I loved Bugs Bunny I mean who doesn't as he
    Is the face of animation as well as really got the
    Whole entire animation thing taken off as I hope that
    This will come back. He also made Daffy Duck, Slyvester &
    Tweety, Speedy Gonzalez, very popular and still a household names to this day and for many more generations to come!
  • Buggs and his buddies in another animated classic.

Here we go again. This is another version of the classic Looney Tunes cartoons featuring Buggs and his pals. This one was about as good as any of their shows and of course was followed by controversy over the violence. I guess seeing the Road Runner drop a boulder on Wile E. Coyote in a cartoon was suppose to make me do the same my brother and sister or something. To me, it was a lot of fun and I never ever thought about the violence. The Road Runner almost always won out against the Coyote and Buggs almost always won against whomever he was up against. I wish Bugs and daffy would have been allies because I liked them both very much. Porky and Elmer were good to have around so they could battle with somebody.
  • One of my Favorite Looney Tunes Characters

Bugs Bunny is definitely better than Mickey Mouse and his cartoons. He's like the leader of the Looney Tunes characters. Bugs constantly stays on top by deceiving his enemies such as Daffy, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Wile E. Coyote, Marvin the Martian. Back in the early times, he had a girlfriend with the same fur color. But now Lola Bunny has arrived to become Bugs' new lover. It's too bad she didn't appear in the early Looney Tunes cartoons. Anyway, Bugs Bunny will always be my number one Looney Tunes character before the Road Runner. And that's why I enjoy watching his cartoons on television.
  • What a wounderful show!

Bugs Bunny is a really funny show. It airs on the cartoon chanel which I love! It contains great ideas so that you can laugh out loud and you would not think it would bother your mom or your dad! Most parents let their kids watch it. Others might take less emochanel proaches for this cartoon. I think all parents should let there kids watch this show though because it is holarios!
  • Another version of the classic Looney Tunes cartoons featuring Buggs and his pals.

Another version of the classic Looney Tunes cartoons featuring Buggs and his pals. This one was about as good as any of their shows and of course was followed by contorversy over the violence. I guess seeing the Road Runner drop a boulder on Wyle Coyote in a cartoon was supose to make me do the same my brother and sister or something. To me, it was a lot of fun and I never ever thought about the violence. The Road Runner almsot always won out against the Coyote and Buggs almost always won against whoever he was up against. I wish Bugs and daffy would have been allies because I liked them both very much. Porky and Elmer were good to have around so they could battle with somebody.
  • How could anyone not like this?

This show was awesome. Looney Tunes kicks *** and this show is there to continue on its glory. I would watch this show everytime it came on and never got bored of it. It was too cool. I love the Looney Tunes cartoons. This show needs to be brought back into television.
  • The Bugs Bunny Show is the basis for many cartoons today.

Bugs Bunny is one of the best cartoon characters of all-time. Bugs Bunny introduced many new things to T.V. as well as movies. The Bugs Bunny show was a great way to watch bugs bunny cartoons and take a break from the other shows at the time. I loved this show as a kid. This show as well as all other Looney Toons shows set the standard for modern cartoons.