The Bullwinkle Show

(ended 1963)

virginia17

The Bullwinkle Show Fan Reviews (5)

• As far as I'm concerned this was not a Kid's Show.

Kids may have enjoyed it, but this show had another layer to it. It was extremely sophisticated with a lot of "inside jokes" that went way over kid's heads!

For example what kid was going to understand the significance of the "Ruby Yacht Of Omar Khayyam?"

I always loved when Bullwinkle tried to pull a rabbit out of his hat, and always pulled out something very different!

Some of my other favorites were: "Fractured Fairy Tales," narrated by Edward Everett Horton, Bullwinkle's "Mister Know-It-All," Sherman and Peabody's "Improbable History," with their "Way Back Machine", "Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties" (had to love Snidley Whiplash, Nell and especially Horse), "Bullwinkle's Poetry Corner," and everybody's favorite villains, Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale!

This show "Set the Bar", and unfortunately today it can't be equaled, much less raised!
  • One classic show!

The Bullwinkle show has entertained me though the years and it's off the wall humor has inspired me. Bullwinkle and rocky take on villains week after week and I don't care if the plot is any good. I rather watch Bullwinkle rather than some stupid show from the 1960's and 70's. The shorts are also memorable. Fractured fairy Tales came years before the shrek movies, and Dudley do-right is a mounty from Canada who can do no right. And then Peboday and Sherman and the way back machine. A lot of fans are sad when the show was cancelled in 1963. But despite that, Bullwinkle will live forever.
  • A moose and a flying squarral are friends and the moose is very stupid. They have adventures were they usualy end up foiling the plans of the shows bad guys boris and natasha. There are also many short clips of other characters in the show that were funny

This was old when I was young but they still played it late at night. I remember that if I was good I could pick a night to stay up late and watch it with my parents who remember the first time the show ran. I used to love it and I miss it. Its was funny especally when you are young. It had interesting little chapter like short storys too that I liked. It would be nice to see it again after so long.
  • A great and classic cartoon with several good segments of different characters in it. It was funny for children AND adults.

A classic cartoon that was good for children and adults alike. Lots and lots of funny happenings that would be funny in two different ways. It had very clever dialogue that was funny on it's face value for children and funny with a double meaning to adults. There were several other cartoons on the show other that just Rocky and Bullwinkle. Some of these other segments included Fractured fairy Tales, Mister Know-It-All, Peabody's Improbable History, Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties and Bullwinkle's Corner. A couple of these segments were better than the Rocky and Bullwinkle segments themselves. It wish very much that there was a show like this today using the same style of comedy.
  • Bad animation bad puns Good times

Who could have thought a show about an talking moose and squerll would be such a hit. with it's bad animation and even worse puns i loved this show it's smart they made fun of every body includng them selfs and their writers. with there evil "nogoodnicks" Boris, Natasha, Fearless leader, and Mr. Big (who's really short)to the good guys Rocky and Bulwinkle to the Nerator, my personal favorite characters, they all make a great team. And watch me as i try to pull a rabit out of my hat