The Busy World of Richard Scarry

Nickelodeon (ended 2000)

The Busy World of Richard Scarry Fan Reviews (7)

7.7
  • probably the best kids show ever

nick was a genius to make this show cuz compared to the crap that they usually show even now this was a godsend. It was definately one of my childhood favorites when i was growing up. it was educational and showed responsibility and taught you proper values. even nowadays i wish it was still on just so my nieces and nephew could watch it instead of the other crap they have on like oobi yo gagbbbagabba and all the other crap nick puts on. i'd say this show was my 3rd favorite show right after rupert in first and winnie the pooh in second.
    god this makes me feel old
    the only good show remotely like this one is mrs spiders sunnypatch kids
  • Shows like this are exalty why I hate the 21st century

Ahh my first and only 20th century trip down memeroy lane.When I was a little kid I used to watch this day and night,my parents brought and taped me epsoides which I have to this very day.Compared to the retarted preschool crap they show now,TBWORS was elegalenty crafted and did'nt inslut you're parents intellenge with loud music ,reptive learing drills loud retarted voices and hiedous charater deisinges.
    Yep what can be more simpler then talking amimals.
    And that's why 21th century childrens TV has major suckage issues.
    (filler)d f h jt g fd g hf g h gd h gf h h
  • Wow. Talk about true amazing children entertainment.

I am moved everytime I watch this show. I cannot believe they destroyed it with their evil Dora the Explorer and other crap-loads. The detail. The bandages on the faces that always appear. The fact that it was made in Canada only makes this thing better. I miss the old days on Nick Jr. They had old face, and Steve from Blue's Clues, and of course Busy World. Absolute perfection, in children's TV. I loved this TV show, when I was five, and now, I still love this TV show! I have some tapes that have about 20 episodes on them, mostly 1st season.

I loved this TV show. Period.

• What made Nick Jr., Nick Jr.

This was one of the best cartoons I ever watched as a little kid. My older brother and I never missed one episode. We laughed at how funny it was, and cherished it like it was forever and then when it ended we wre ike, Why?! Why?! it was so good! Since I was 4 and my older brother was 6, we soon forgot about it. When we found out the shows replacing it, we were heartbroken. Dora? Retarded. Man, they need shows like this to come back again.
  • This show was a cute animation based off of Richard Scarry's books, freaturing talking animals going on small adventures.

This is the really old-school stuff, here (as well as the after-noon and after-school stuff, too). I loved watching this show! I enjoyed watching the main characters' adventures involving simple plots, and just being amused by it all. I've still got some of the old books; I found them buried under other old books in my room a few weeks ago. What a treasure!
  • WHAT?! WHY WOULD THEY CANCEL SUCH A GREAT SHOW?

This show kicks ass. I loved everything about this show. The humor, the plots, the education, & most of all: the songs. I would actually sing along with the songs when one would come on. I remember the song called Street Smart Plan. That was my favorite. To bad i can't hear it anymore. It just breaks my heart. They should release this show in a complete series set. I would buy it & watch it immediately when it get it. The Busy World of Richard Scarry is AWESOME! Highly recommend it to everyone.
  • This what nick.jr should show.

The plot is better, the characters are better. The stuff nick has on now sucks. Dora and Lazy town, to name a few. Now not I'm saying that your kids should not watch the things on now, but they are better off watching the older nick.jr shows. Now old nick.jr was better.
QUBO