The Buzz on Maggie Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

Hey, if you guys hate this show, then why don't you just GET OUT?!!!

MillionaireMan6

[1]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 16

I posted this quite a while back but it got moderated. Whoever moderated me, you should be ashamed and no one moderate this topic, please! Anyway, this show has been cancelled for a year anda halfand you're still practically begging Disney to cancel it. And I don't understand why you don't like it. Sure, it stars flies but you've gotta like the animation type. It makes pretty much all the characters cute. And it stars voice talents like Candi Milo and Cree Summer. And you wouldn't seriously throw this out for a piece of crap like... Phineas and Ferb, right? I've seen the animation type for Phineas and Ferb. It's very very crappy animation.And stupid celebrity voiceovers.

Another thing to tell here is that you guys saying the main character always does bad things reminds me of this young kid who lives in my block who always did bad things up to when he was in 2nd Grade such as knocking people down to give him his action figures. Next thing I know is a few months later, the kid gets seriously bitten by my dog (he always bit troublemaking children so that's why I'm telling this story) on the butt! So every time you say the main character is a jerk, I think of that incident. I can't even name one reason why she's a jerk. She's actually kinda like me! She has 3 siblings, like me. She is the 2nd oldest child, like me. She was ugly when she was first born, like me. And the list goes on and on.

Next thing is that I hate how you compare this show to other shows the wrong way. I read reviews that compared this show to:

The Replacements - You guys are calling this show "The old Replacements" and I don't see what this show has in common with it.

SpongeBob SquarePants - This show and SBSP are like, completely different. I read 2 reviews saying this was a SB ripoff.

Pepper Ann - I've compared Maggie and Pepper Ann in the past (I had no idea why, though) but I read a comment awhile backthat "Maggie is kinda like Pepper Ann, except Pepper Ann always learns her lesson and Maggie doesn't learn her lesson." What I wrote in underline is SO untrue! Remember Sister Act or Radio Free Buzzdale?

Now I compare this show to other shows myself but I compare it more positively. Like, the reason I started liking this show in the first place is because if you look closely, Maggie looks kinda like Jenny Wakeman from "My Life as a Teenage Robot", another character I thought was cute. And this show went on to great success in my house for a whole lot of other reasons. One of them being that I sometimes compare Maggie and Megan Parker from "Drake and Josh" just because their names are kinda the same (Mg Pk, Mg Pk).

Also, some DC Cartoons (e.g., Replacements, Emperor's New School), you bash for being put in place of a certain cartoon. This is actually one of the cartoons you bash. Although, one thing here you should know is that this show did absolutely nothing at all to hurt another show on the same channel. They didn't play very many commercials for this, it wasn't being shoved your throats. This one was pretty much quiet and so I don't know why you're all saying in the reviews that some cartoon like Darkwing Duck (which had been since, like, when I was born) is being replaced by this. One person even said this show was as bad asMickey Mouse Clubhouse, which I've always thought was pretty lame. In fact, this show seemed to bring back some zest that Disney had (see the episode Bella Con Carny, you'll notice some orchestra music like they did in most Disney animated movies). If the show "House of Mouse" were still running, this show probably would have been featured in that.

Another thing is that Togepi_987 said you could get nightmares watching this show. How? I go to bed every night playing this on videotape or audio tape (I record some episodes with an audio tape recorder). I know it stars flies but what I'd do instead of bashing this show just because it stars flies is I'd think about what makes this show so good. And remember the Pixar movie, "A Bug's Life"? That was about bugs, too. And that did very well. Bash that all you want and it still won't fade popularity.

And I don't understand how someone could like it, then hate it because of a reason that's not true and call everybody gay Last time I checked, nobody on this show was gay Maggie likes boys, Pubert likes girls, Rayna likes boys, Aldrin likes girls and Maggie has male and female parents. The love circle is perfectly normal on this show. If you're wondering the reason I brought that up, the same guy I just mentioned liked this show at first, then "realized" it was a rip-off on Spongebob (when the two shows have nothing in common) and called everybody gay At the end of his review, he said, "Maggie is gay because she is in love with Rayna." (??!) Come on!

My point is, that if you don't like this show, then just get out of here. Don't bash it by saying "I know a show about Pubert killing Maggie would do better in ratings" or something like that. If you don't like this show, then just don't say anything at all because I only get depressed when I read comments like that. I have read enough comments that bash this show and I'm PRETTY SURE it's time you close your little MOUTHS!!! Well, I think I've said everything. Any questions?

Edited on 11/08/2007 9:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mega_man_3

[2]Nov 9, 2007
    • level: 12
    MillionaireMan6 wrote:

I posted this quite a while back but it got moderated. Whoever moderated me, you should be ashamed and no one moderate this topic, please! Anyway, this show has been cancelled for a year anda halfand you're still practically begging Disney to cancel it. And I don't understand why you don't like it. Sure, it stars flies but you've gotta like the animation type. It makes pretty much all the characters cute. And it stars voice talents like Candi Milo and Cree Summer. And you wouldn't seriously throw this out for a piece of crap like... Phineas and Ferb, right? I've seen the animation type for Phineas and Ferb. It's very very crappy animation.And stupid celebrity voiceovers.

Another thing to tell here is that you guys saying the main character always does bad things reminds me of this young kid who lives in my block who always did bad things up to when he was in 2nd Grade such as knocking people down to give him his action figures. Next thing I know is a few months later, the kid gets seriously bitten by my dog (he always bit troublemaking children so that's why I'm telling this story) on the butt! So every time you say the main character is a jerk, I think of that incident. I can't even name one reason why she's a jerk. She's actually kinda like me! She has 3 siblings, like me. She is the 2nd oldest child, like me. She was ugly when she was first born, like me. And the list goes on and on.

Next thing is that I hate how you compare this show to other shows the wrong way. I read reviews that compared this show to:

The Replacements - You guys are calling this show "The old Replacements" and I don't see what this show has in common with it.

SpongeBob SquarePants - This show and SBSP are like, completely different. I read 2 reviews saying this was a SB ripoff.

Pepper Ann - I've compared Maggie and Pepper Ann in the past (I had no idea why, though) but I read a comment awhile backthat "Maggie is kinda like Pepper Ann, except Pepper Ann always learns her lesson and Maggie doesn't learn her lesson." What I wrote in underline is SO untrue! Remember Sister Act or Radio Free Buzzdale?

Now I compare this show to other shows myself but I compare it more positively. Like, the reason I started liking this show in the first place is because if you look closely, Maggie looks kinda like Jenny Wakeman from "My Life as a Teenage Robot", another character I thought was cute. And this show went on to great success in my house for a whole lot of other reasons. One of them being that I sometimes compare Maggie and Megan Parker from "Drake and Josh" just because their names are kinda the same (Mg Pk, Mg Pk).

Also, some DC Cartoons (e.g., Replacements, Emperor's New School), you bash for being put in place of a certain cartoon. This is actually one of the cartoons you bash. Although, one thing here you should know is that this show did absolutely nothing at all to hurt another show on the same channel. They didn't play very many commercials for this, it wasn't being shoved your throats. This one was pretty much quiet and so I don't know why you're all saying in the reviews that some cartoon like Darkwing Duck (which had been since, like, when I was born) is being replaced by this. One person even said this show was as bad asMickey Mouse Clubhouse, which I've always thought was pretty lame. In fact, this show seemed to bring back some zest that Disney had (see the episode Bella Con Carny, you'll notice some orchestra music like they did in most Disney animated movies). If the show "House of Mouse" were still running, this show probably would have been featured in that.

Another thing is that Togepi_987 said you could get nightmares watching this show. How? I go to bed every night playing this on videotape or audio tape (I record some episodes with an audio tape recorder). I know it stars flies but what I'd do instead of bashing this show just because it stars flies is I'd think about what makes this show so good. And remember the Pixar movie, "A Bug's Life"? That was about bugs, too. And that did very well. Bash that all you want and it still won't fade popularity.

And I don't understand how someone could like it, then hate it because of a reason that's not true and call everybody gay Last time I checked, nobody on this show was gay Maggie likes boys, Pubert likes girls, Rayna likes boys, Aldrin likes girls and Maggie has male and female parents. The love circle is perfectly normal on this show. If you're wondering the reason I brought that up, the same guy I just mentioned liked this show at first, then "realized" it was a rip-off on Spongebob (when the two shows have nothing in common) and called everybody gay At the end of his review, he said, "Maggie is gay because she is in love with Rayna." (??!) Come on!

My point is, that if you don't like this show, then just get out of here. Don't bash it by saying "I know a show about Pubert killing Maggie would do better in ratings" or something like that. If you don't like this show, then just don't say anything at all because I only get depressed when I read comments like that. I have read enough comments that bash this show and I'm PRETTY SURE it's time you close your little MOUTHS!!! Well, I think I've said everything. Any questions?

Yeah, sorry that your other one got modded. Anyway I totally agree with you! Everyone should stop bashing this show. It was a really good show in my opinion and it had its own unique charm. Can't y'all see this constant bashing of this show is tearing families apart!?!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.