The Buzz on Maggie Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2006)

What would you have done to improve this show for the 2nd Season?

MillionaireMan6

[1]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 16

I know this cartoon bombed after the first season, but if it didn't and you were in Dave Polsky's shoes and you decided to make improvements, what would you have done? Here's what I would have done:

1. More Hugs because most cartoons I know have had at least 2 hugs between the main character and someone else in the series, but this only had one in "Radio Free Buzzdale" (Between Maggie and Pupert). So I would have added more hugs.

2. Had More Famous Guest Stars for certain episodes such as: Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress, Yvette Nicole Brown, Jake Farrow, Staci Keanan, Lindsey Shaw, Meredith Vieria, Ashley Tisdale, Zac Efron and Janice Kawaye.

But there are two rules to what you post here: #1 is to not mock and/or change the show's plot (i.e. the characters' species, names, personalities, etc.), NO EXPECTIONS. That includes you, ShaqF91. #2 is that the show STAYS ON DISNEY CHANNEL, not Nickelodeon and ESPECIALLY not Adult Swim. Am I clear? Good. Now post your opinions (following the rules, of course).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XiaolinPrincess

[2]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 21

1. I'd add a new character.

2. I'd have a pairing. Many shows have pairings and I'm not talking about a temporary pairing like Maggie/Melvin.

wolfclaw233

[3]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 2
    I agree like maggie and brad for pairing

ThaPesky

[4]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 18

More minor characters, and a better look at the world around Stickyfeet 8>

And I want to see Rayna's family. Only her mother has appear. Kind of strange.

Edited on 07/07/2008 1:29pm

Atomius1

[5]Aug 9, 2008
    i guess different plots... and a few new characters... i suppose there could be more... catchphrases or... i dunno. well i guess... perhaps the school could have a new subject or something... or the town of stickyfeet has a new shop... i dunno

TackyRackyComix

[6]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 5
    Well, I would try to get a better writing staff (perhaps maybe like the writers of Phineas and Ferb or something? some writing staff that does well with cartoons). I kinda liked the show, but the excessive gross-out humor made shy away from it (for example, that episode where Maggie dates a stinkbug [I think it was a stinkbug, something like that]). While we're on the subject, I probably would've removed some trashg from the scenery. I mean, I know they're insects, but still...it kinda made the visuals harder to look at. A little more parody on the show would've been good maybe (wouldn't you love to see a band on the show called The BEETLES, made up of beetles? admittedly, that would be a semi-obvious joke, but only for the older set). But I think there really was a lot of untapped potential in the show that the writers opted not to go for.

One thing I DEFINITELY would NOT change is Maggie's voice actor (Jessica Di Cicco)--she did an awesome job in that department. Seriously, she had an awesome voice. Oh, and I'd also keep the theme song. It rocked.

MadameCat

[7]Feb 5, 2011

Keep the voices and the theme song, but come up with something more creative--maybe some plot for an episode revolving around how flies only live for so long--have one of the flies (the mom, maybe?) die and see how the family reacts.

Edited on 02/06/2011 10:39am
    Edited 2 total times.

ScampTVCritic

[8]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 7
    I would've made this show have much more appeal to other demographics. I'm not as big on this show anymore as I used to be, but this show was really aiming towards the feminine audience, which is some of the reason why the show flopped and wasn't as successful as Kim Possible and The Proud Family. Naturally, I would never force anyone to bring back a show, even if it's one I enjoyed, but, still, I would suggest why bringing the show back would be a good thing to its devoted fanbase.

Tomboy127

[9]Jan 14, 2016
    • level: 10

I would focus on more Maggie and rayna storylines like keep them together. I absolutely love this show.